Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Contact Media Latest Posts Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Non Immigrant Visas : H1, L1, H4, L2, F1 etc > Non-Immigrant Visas
Click to log in with Facebook
Non-Immigrant Visas All Non Immigrant Visas - B/H/F/J...

advertisement

Donation Goal
Goal amount for this month: 10000 USD, Received: 0 USD (0%)
Donate Now
Please contribute to Immigration Voice.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2012, 11:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/31/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Kugr has a reputation beyond repute Kugr has a reputation beyond repute Kugr has a reputation beyond repute Kugr has a reputation beyond repute Kugr has a reputation beyond repute Kugr has a reputation beyond repute Kugr has a reputation beyond repute Kugr has a reputation beyond repute Kugr has a reputation beyond repute Kugr has a reputation beyond repute Kugr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Help Needed: Travel to India after MS graduation but before OPT approval

My wife graduated with an MS degree last month from a US university on an F1 visa. She had earlier applied for COS from H4 to F1 which was approved during her first semester of study. She is in F1 status now but does not have an F1 visa stamp.

We plan to apply for her OPT within 60 days of her graduation date (Mar 17th). We were told by her international student adviser that she can travel to India after applying for her OPT but before it is approved (if we travel immediately after filing for an OPT and return within a month), on valid F1 status. However she would need to apply for her F1 visa while in India (which we were told should not be a problem by her adviser).

However we were wondering if applying for an F1 visa stamp in India after her graduation would be viewed negatively by the consular official. What are her chances of getting the visa stamped successfully. Would she need to present any additional documentation to the consular official.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 05-01-2012, 05:41 AM
Priority Date
:
May-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/31/2011
Compare
harrydr is a jewel in the rough harrydr is a jewel in the rough harrydr is a jewel in the rough harrydr is a jewel in the rough
Default Not Safe

I don't think it is a good idea to get your F1 stamp in India after "Graduation". There is always a hesitation that why do you need a F1 stamp when you have already graduated and if you are serious about looking for a job, then you should be in the US and not visiting India right after graduation. This is just my thought how the immigration officer might read into it.

If you have answer prepared for this then i wish you All the very best.

By the way, why don't you change her status back to H4. She can always find a job on H4.
Service Center: Nebraska
I485 Mailed Date: 12/31/2011
I485 USCIS Rcvd Date: 01/03/2012
I485 Rcpt Notice Date: 01/11/2012
Finger Print Notice Date: 02/04/2012
Finger Print Appt.: 02/19/2012
Application Status: Approved
I485 Approval Date: 03/21/2012

Greened after 11 Years, 7months and 17 days since first landed in the United States of America.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote