|Non-Immigrant Visas All Non Immigrant Visas - B/H/F/J...|
|Goal amount for this month: 10000 USD, Received: 0 USD (0%)||
|Please contribute to Immigration Voice.|
||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
H1b and Canadian PR
I hope this is the correct sub-forum for this. Here is my situation:
- Indian citizen (currently 23 years old) but born in Kuwait.
- Did bachelors in the US on F1 and got hired by a company who is sponsoring my H1b (Started October 2011).
- In July 2011, I landed as a PR in Canada.
My ultimate goal is to be a part of a technology startup in the US and generally work there. Over the past year, I have been debating the pros and cons of moving to Canada (forgoing my H1b) to work towards a Canadian citizenship and then moving back to the US. The alternative is to keep working in the US towards a GC.
I have many questions, but here are a few to start off:
1. Can I do both? Maintain my PR in Canada and still keep my H1b? Is it possible to work for an American company remotely from Canada? I'm currently in Seattle so living in Vancouver is no issue. Does anyone have experience working pretty much full time in Canada yet maintain an H1b for the US? Is that even possible?
2. How long does the greencard process even take? AFAIK, it is not based on citizenship, but rather on the country of birth. Is there a website where I can get an estimate on how long it will take someone like me to get a greencard? Do Canadian citizens have any advantages with regards to working in the US that Indian citizens don't?
3. If I marry my girlfriend who has a greencard, does that benefit me in my greencard process?
Thanks a lot
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|TD to F1 - Canadian Citizen||NdTech||Non-Immigrant Visa||2||08-19-2010 12:12 PM|
|Canadian GC when applied for US GC||C_Carrey||All other Green Card Issues||9||03-05-2008 07:22 PM|
|Canadian Immigration FAQ||tabletpc||All other Green Card Issues||16||11-30-2007 01:27 PM|
|Canadian PR and US Greencard||americandesi||All other Green Card Issues||15||07-05-2007 05:27 PM|