Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Contact Media Latest Posts Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Non Immigrant Visas : H1, L1, H4, L2, F1 etc > Non-Immigrant Visas
Click to log in with Facebook
Non-Immigrant Visas All Non Immigrant Visas - B/H/F/J...

advertisement

Donation Goal
Goal amount for this month: 10000 USD, Received: 0 USD (0%)
Donate Now
Please contribute to Immigration Voice.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2013, 10:19 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
saviontly is a splendid one to behold saviontly is a splendid one to behold saviontly is a splendid one to behold saviontly is a splendid one to behold saviontly is a splendid one to behold saviontly is a splendid one to behold saviontly is a splendid one to behold
Default H1 Stamping in India after Transfer.

My H1 transfer is going to be done by Feb 1st week and I am planning to visit India in March, any ideas if it will be an issue as I will be employed with the new company for only about a month?

Please help.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 01-30-2013, 11:54 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
saviontly is a splendid one to behold saviontly is a splendid one to behold saviontly is a splendid one to behold saviontly is a splendid one to behold saviontly is a splendid one to behold saviontly is a splendid one to behold saviontly is a splendid one to behold

Any help please?

Old 01-30-2013, 12:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by saviontly View Post
Any help please?
Is your employer a Big firm or a consulting company?. Do you work for direct full time or work thru a vendor like EVC model?

Old 01-30-2013, 06:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Thanks for the reply, its a big company (about 250 mil turnover). It is direct full time employment.

Old 01-30-2013, 07:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Thanks for the reply, its a big company (about 250 mil turnover). It is direct full time employment.
You have less risk than other people who work thru the vendors. But visa stamping now a days is very tough. As US economy is low and the unemployment rate is high, the Obama administration is preventing the H1Bs come here. Visa stamping is not guaranteed. Consulate Visa Officers are looking for loopholes and denying or delaying the visa stamping. Visa rejection rates in india have soared to 30%. In some cases the consulate issues 221G and in some cases it delays the Visa by 8 months. I would like you to see these videos.
221g Administrative Processing at US Consulates - YouTube
Obama Comments on the H-1B Visa Program During Google+ Hangout - YouTube
How to deal with INA 221g? by Hasan Abdullah from Shah Peerally Law Group PC. - YouTube

Also talk to your immigration attorney and ask whether it is safe for you to travel.
Is there any compelling reason for you to visit india?. If you can avoid the visit until you get a GC or AP, that is good. I didn't want to disappoint you, but that is what I am following, not visiting India unless it is urgent, there is no guarantee that you will be back again. Good Luck.

Old 01-30-2013, 08:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Thanks again, tracka. Those videos are very informative. I have held off my visit for past 3 years due to the same issue of 221g as I was in consulting, just moved to a company (non IT) for a full time job and had to go due to a ceremony for my daughter.

If push comes to shove, I am ready to say screw it and just stay at India :-(

Are you aware of any incidents of rejections due to period of employment with new employer? That's the only concern I have at this time as quite of few people from the new employer have got their stamping done without any issues.

Old 01-30-2013, 09:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Thanks again, tracka. Those videos are very informative. I have held off my visit for past 3 years due to the same issue of 221g as I was in consulting, just moved to a company (non IT) for a full time job and had to go due to a ceremony for my daughter.

Are you aware of any incidents of rejections due to period of employment with new employer? That's the only concern I have at this time as quite of few people from the new employer have got their stamping done without any issues.
I don't think it has to do anything with the time you worked for the current employer.
But at least you should wait for some paystubs from the current employer. Ask HR and get an Employer Verification Letter describing your job duties, number of hours per week and salary. Carry your paystubs for Last 6 months to prove that you were always on status. Most importantly the W2s for Past Few Years. Also get your I129 and read thru it.

Old 01-30-2013, 10:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/29/2007
Compare
qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute

If you are working for a "large" company which is outside the parameters of USCIS suspecting it to be fraudulent, the biggest risk you run is getting delayed as your H1B approval is not in the PIMS system. This can happen with companies of any size. I work for a 16 billon dollar 25000 employee company and in the last 2 years, multiple people got stuck in India for anything between 2 months to 5 months. So, is your company going to support your employment for many months if you are stuck in India?
Quote:

Old 01-31-2013, 07:45 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Thank you tracka and qasleuth.

There seems to be a lot of horror stories with regard to PIMS system, I would rather postpone my visit for a few month.

Thanks again!!

Old 01-31-2013, 12:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
BZA has much to be proud of BZA has much to be proud of BZA has much to be proud of BZA has much to be proud of BZA has much to be proud of BZA has much to be proud of BZA has much to be proud of BZA has much to be proud of BZA has much to be proud of BZA has much to be proud of
Default Good Luck

I think you wont have any issues as long as you have all the documentation from your current employer.

Good Luck.

advertisement

Old 02-05-2013, 07:34 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
abcdgc is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
My H1 transfer is going to be done by Feb 1st week and I am planning to visit India in March, any ideas if it will be an issue as I will be employed with the new company for only about a month?

Please help.
That is not an issue. Usually people go for stamping before joining the current employer. Why do you think working for just 1 month before the stamping cou ld be an issue with your stamping?