Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Contact Media Latest Posts Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Member's Only Forum > State Chapters > Texas (TX)
Click to log in with Facebook
Texas (TX) Texas (TX)

advertisement

Donation Goal
Goal amount for this month: 10000 USD, Received: 0 USD (0%)
Donate Now
Please contribute to Immigration Voice.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2007, 11:50 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute
Default Law office of Sherin Thawer

I would like to post an official thank you to the Law offices of Sherin Thawer for sponsoring our morning radio announcements on funasia.net radio here in DFW.

They also gave us few minutes of live air time on Thursday and a full one hour show on Saturday afternoon.

Thank you for your service to the community!

Their web site is www.thawerlaw.com

Got GC in Sept 2011

Spread the RALLY message on:
Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Contribute | HR3012 Wiki
Info on Rally | Accommodation | Air Miles | Carpool | Merchandize | Posters | Volunteers
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-04-2007, 11:57 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2001
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2001
Compare
zoooom is just really nice zoooom is just really nice zoooom is just really nice zoooom is just really nice zoooom is just really nice

Great job..Thanks for your support "Law office of Sherin Thawer "

Contributed #5 for HIGH Five Drive (http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=20183)

Called Senators and sent Mails....

Old 09-04-2007, 12:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/16/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
sanjeev_2004 is infamous around these parts sanjeev_2004 is infamous around these parts
Default I filed my I-485 from there.

I filed my I-485 from there. and I gets my all ansers on time. Attorney(she) is great.
I485 Receipt date 25 Jul 2007.
I485 Notice date 14 Sep 2007.
EAD Approved on 27 Sep, 2007.
AP Aproved on 4th Oct 2007.

Old 09-04-2007, 01:09 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sanjeev..

Are you in Texas?

Please become a member of texas chapter (link in my signature), we need you to join in the grass-roots efforts here in TX. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjeev_2004 View Post
I filed my I-485 from there. and I gets my all ansers on time. Attorney(she) is great.

Got GC in Sept 2011

Spread the RALLY message on:
Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Contribute | HR3012 Wiki
Info on Rally | Accommodation | Air Miles | Carpool | Merchandize | Posters | Volunteers

Old 06-19-2009, 11:29 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Ruben is just really nice Ruben is just really nice Ruben is just really nice Ruben is just really nice Ruben is just really nice
Default Community Service or Business Development

Well, I have heard her and a number of attorneys on that radio show. My first comment is that it is not a community service, it is business development to bring the people into their office. Have you noticed that she always tells people to bring their document for review, well she charges by the hour, and if you have a lot of docs, be prepared to pay. Have you also notice that over the last year or so, there has been several attorneys that have hosted the show under her firm, so is there a retention issue, or when the attorney figures out her fraud they leave.
I took my case to her office, and got ripped off. I was charged $45 when she read my email, there was no reply to my email, so I dont even know if she read my email. I am gald that she didnt answer, otherwise she would have charged me for that too. Sherin has no personal skills, she yells at the clients, and there are several bar complains on his misconduct and messing up client cases.
BE CAREFUL.........

2 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
advertisement

Old 06-19-2009, 11:42 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare
ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute

Funny that you had to create a new ID to post this. What's wrong with paying for the service you want? Do you work for free for your employer? Community service is about being active about an issue and spreading the awareness for the issue as opposed to providing you or anyone else free service. We desis treat immigration lawyers like Gods but at the same time some of us don't want to give dakshina (tribute) for the service. Does his/her community service imply that this lawyer, whatever his/her name is, should provide you free service till eternity, just because you showed up when ever it is convenient for you?
Why do you only have to go to that lawyer, why can't you find a lawyer that best suit your needs of "free service". I guess we desis are a bunch of big ego losers. Anyone annoyed with anyone out there creates a new ID to bad-mouth that entity. One day there is a post about Air France, then British Airways, then the ice cream shop down the street, insurance company, this lawyer, even sometimes this organization. When will we grow up and give up our blotted egos which is always splashing mud around.

Last edited by ronhira; 06-19-2009 at 11:48 AM.

0 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-19-2009, 11:50 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/10/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronhira View Post
Funny that you had to create a new ID to post this. What's wrong with paying for the service you want? Do you work for free for your employer? Community service is about being active about an issue and spreading the awareness for the issue as opposed to providing you or anyone else free service. We desis treat immigration lawyers like Gods but at the same time some of us don't want to give dakshina (tribute) for the service. Does his/her community service imply that this lawyer, whatever his/her name is, should provide you free service till eternity, just because you showed up when ever it is convenient for you?
Why do you only have to go to that lawyer, why can't you find a lawyer that best suit your needs of "free service". I guess we desis are a bunch of big ego losers. Anyone annoyed with anyone out there creates a new ID to bad-mouth that entity. One day there is a post about Air France, then British Airways, then the ice cream shop down the street, insurance company, this lawyer, even sometimes this organization. When will we grow up and give up our blotted egos which is always splashing mud around.
I accept your point to certain degree. But I can not take it the airline issues. Its not ego and its discrimination. You donít have to suck it up. You need courage to fight against it.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-19-2009, 12:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Ruben is just really nice Ruben is just really nice Ruben is just really nice Ruben is just really nice Ruben is just really nice
Default How Odd.....

Ok, I had to reply to Ronhira on the post. There is nothing wrong in paying for services, I woudl love to pay, but $45 for reading an email, that is called rip-off. Now on the community service, "Community service is an act by a person that benefits the local community."
Examples of community service projects include:
Cleaning a park.
Collecting items for charity such as clothes, food, or furniture.
Cleaning roadside verges.
Helping the elderly in nursing homes.
Helping the local fire or police service.
Helping out at a local library.
Tutoring children with learning disabilities.
Participating in school activities that benefit the wider community.

Now, does her coming on the radio classified as community service? Remember, community service me no reward. Anyway, I dont the word desis, I am from Israel and it is a foriegn word for me. I say, she is a rip-off, doesnt know what immigration is, and tells people to renew their passports with USCIS. What a joke?

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-19-2009, 12:38 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare
ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by snathan View Post
I accept your point to certain degree. But I can not take it the airline issues. Its not ego and its discrimination. You don’t have to suck it up. You need courage to fight against it.
Discrimination? How is it discrimination? Is every Indian travelling in those airlines being treated badly? I traveled in Air France 2 years back, and it was fantastic. Everyone I know from India who traveled in BA or Air France have had no problems either. And anytime someone does not get the attention to the extent one wants, we do not need to always play "discrimination" card. The world changed while we were reading our old history books. Lets not play this discrimination card to satisfy our ego. Using the label of discrimination for anything not happening to our liking is not wise.

And for a minute lets "assume" that its discrimination, just posting on this forum is how you define "gathering courage"? Is that the best you can do?

Last edited by ronhira; 06-19-2009 at 12:42 PM.

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-19-2009, 12:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/28/2007
Compare
buehler will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by needhelp! View Post
I would like to post an official thank you to the Law offices of Sherin Thawer for sponsoring our morning radio announcements on funasia.net radio here in DFW.

They also gave us few minutes of live air time on Thursday and a full one hour show on Saturday afternoon.

Thank you for your service to the community!

Their web site is www.thawerlaw.com
I am not clear but both funasia.net and thawerlaw.com are commercial entities. Why do you need to thank the lawyer on this non profit forum?

It is possible that I do not understand what happened, but this post looks like spam to me.

Last edited by buehler; 06-19-2009 at 12:56 PM.

advertisement

Old 06-19-2009, 12:55 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/10/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Discrimination? How is it discrimination? Is every Indian travelling in those airlines being treated badly? I traveled in Air France 2 years back, and it was fantastic. Everyone I know from India who traveled in BA or Air France have had no problems either. And anytime someone does not get the attention to the extent one wants, we do not need to always play "discrimination" card. The world changed while we were reading our old history books. Lets not play this discrimination card to satisfy our ego. Using the label of discrimination for anything not happening to our liking is not wise.

And for a minute lets "assume" that its discrimination, just posting on this forum is how you define "gathering courage"? Is that the best you can do?
If its not their mistake, why in the world they publically apologize...?

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-19-2009, 01:04 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruben View Post
Now, does her coming on the radio classified as community service?
Every situation is different. Yes, hosting a radio program without charging anything and intending to create awareness is community service.

Quote:
Remember, community service me no reward. Anyway, I dont the word desis, I am from Israel and it is a foriegn word for me. I say, she is a rip-off, doesnt know what immigration is, and tells people to renew their passports with USCIS. What a joke?
You are entitled to your opinion just as the original poster and I am entitled to mine. I think that its community service. That's it, and so I had to respond and dispute your version/interpretation. And it doesn't matter if you understand the word Desis or not. Just think Desis=Humans, it will make sense.

Quote:
There is nothing wrong in paying for services, I woudl love to pay, but $45 for reading an email, that is called rip-off.
Then just go somewhere else where you can get the same work done for less price. Lets say Macy's is selling a shirt for a price which is $50 higher than the price of the same shirt at Sears. At the same time Macy's is organizing and contributing towards community service. Are you suggesting that all the good work and community service of Macy's goes down the toilet because they price their shirt higher than Sears? And will it help in anyways by calling Macy's "rip-off" if the price of the same shirt at Macy's is higher than the price of the same shirt at Sears? Why is it such a big deal not to be able to just go to Sears without name calling. Is that so difficult?

And just because your needs and expectations were not meet, the Lawyer had to NOTHING LESS THAN PURE EVIL? Right?

I think we all enjoy the freedom of expression, and at the same time go overboard using those personal liberties to stroke our egos. That's how I see your post situation. We can find such blogs/post all day along on every site, and I just think its a mis-use of our personal liberties.

Quote:
Now on the community service, "Community service is an act by a person that benefits the local community."
Examples of community service projects include:
Cleaning a park.
Collecting items for charity such as clothes, food, or furniture.
Cleaning roadside verges.
Helping the elderly in nursing homes.
Helping the local fire or police service.
Helping out at a local library.
Tutoring children with learning disabilities.
Participating in school activities that benefit the wider community.
So according to you, only items covered in this list qualify for "community service" and everything else is not community service? And because of that and only that, this lawyer's work doesn't qualify as community service? Is that what you just said?

Old 06-19-2009, 01:10 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by snathan View Post
If its not their mistake, why in the world they publically apologize...?
I don't know if they apologized or not. And if they apologized, it was not because they were wrong, but because it makes business sense. They are in the business of making profit for their shareholders, they are not in the business of clashing egos. And if they apologized, did they apologized to "Indians" or did they apologized to their passengers, to whom they were not able to provide the service their passengers demanded? And labeling the discimination flag every time diminish the value of using it when its needed.

Old 06-19-2009, 01:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Compare
Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute

Repeat post.

Last edited by Green.Tech; 06-19-2009 at 02:52 PM.

Old 06-19-2009, 03:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
new2gc has much to be proud of new2gc has much to be proud of new2gc has much to be proud of new2gc has much to be proud of new2gc has much to be proud of new2gc has much to be proud of new2gc has much to be proud of new2gc has much to be proud of new2gc has much to be proud of new2gc has much to be proud of
Default World is green...

So, as per you everything is fair and going green.. we just need to suck up all the discomforts.

when you were travelling in Air france,you didn't mention you have to wait in such a small room for several hours though.....

You won't feel the heat until it gets under you...I was in same situation when flying on AA once in Chicago they just ignored me and clerk did give me hotel accomdoation when the flight got cancelled because the ticket was issued on certain class(even though economy), but I fought with her and spoke to their supervisor and got the service what i deseve...

why don't you support your arguement like this..may be someone will buy it...That issue happen on AF flight was be one-timer and also it might depend on the on-duty manager at the airport..

Quote:
I don't know if they apologized or not. And if they apologized, it was not because they were wrong, but because it makes business sense. They are in the business of making profit for their shareholders, they are not in the business of clashing egos. And if they apologized, did they apologized to "Indians" or did they apologized to their passengers, to whom they were not able to provide the service their passengers demanded? And labeling the discimination flag every time diminish the value of using it when its needed.