Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Contact Media Latest Posts Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Ask an Attorney - > FREE Lawyer conference calls
Click to log in with Facebook
FREE Lawyer conference calls This forum is for asking questions from Immigration Attorney.
--------------------------------------------
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER:
--------------------------------------------
By participating in this forum or reviewing or reading a transcript or recording of any forum discussion or conference call, you agree that you have read and understand the following disclaimer:
The information provided in this forum as well as any transcripts or recordings posted on this website or websites of participating law firms or attorneys is of a general nature and may not apply to any particular set of facts or to all circumstances. It should not be construed as legal advice and does not constitute an engagement of any participating attorneys or in any way establish an attorney-client relationship with any participating attorneys. You should not rely solely upon information that you may receive during any conference calls, or any transcripts or recordings of conference calls. You should consult an attorney of your choosing to obtain advice for your particular situation. Laws and regulations are constantly changing. The information provided during any conference calls and their transcripts or recordings was pertinent at the time of the conference calls, but may become outdated. We are not responsible in any way for any outdated materials.
IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTICIPATING ATTORNEYS, LAW FIRMS, INDIVIDUALS, OR IMMIGRATION VOICE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONFERENCE CALLS, THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE, OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE WHERE TRANSCRIPTS OR RECORDINGS MAY BE POSTED, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARISE OUT OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE.

advertisement
 

Donation Goal
Goal amount for this month: 10000 USD, Received: 0 USD (0%)
Donate Now
Please contribute to Immigration Voice.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #691 (permalink)  
Old 03-21-2012, 09:41 AM
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/22/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/28/2007
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 15
kcham has a reputation beyond repute kcham has a reputation beyond repute kcham has a reputation beyond repute kcham has a reputation beyond repute kcham has a reputation beyond repute kcham has a reputation beyond repute kcham has a reputation beyond repute kcham has a reputation beyond repute kcham has a reputation beyond repute kcham has a reputation beyond repute kcham has a reputation beyond repute
Default

what will happen to my current 485/EAD if my current employer file H1B and transfer? I am asking too many questions.. Really sorry!!!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #692 (permalink)  
Old 03-21-2012, 10:23 AM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
May-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/14/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/14/2004
Compare
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 358
jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute
Default That is ideal situation

You EAD nd I-485 keep going irrespective of H1B. However having H1B and EAD is ideal situation. you are safer and better.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #693 (permalink)  
Old 03-21-2012, 10:27 AM
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/22/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/28/2007
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 15
kcham has a reputation beyond repute kcham has a reputation beyond repute kcham has a reputation beyond repute kcham has a reputation beyond repute kcham has a reputation beyond repute kcham has a reputation beyond repute kcham has a reputation beyond repute kcham has a reputation beyond repute kcham has a reputation beyond repute kcham has a reputation beyond repute kcham has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungalee43 View Post
You EAD nd I-485 keep going irrespective of H1B. However having H1B and EAD is ideal situation. you are safer and better.
Thank you very much !!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #694 (permalink)  
Old 03-30-2012, 11:00 AM
Member
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 28
dmitri is infamous around these parts dmitri is infamous around these parts dmitri is infamous around these parts dmitri is infamous around these parts dmitri is infamous around these parts dmitri is infamous around these parts dmitri is infamous around these parts dmitri is infamous around these parts dmitri is infamous around these parts dmitri is infamous around these parts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyachowdary View Post
My new EB2 140 is approved with new date, so I sent following email to EBupdate.tsc@dhs.gov on 05/18 and my case is approved on 05/25. You don't have to wait until new I-140 is ported with old 140 date, the following email worked for me.

In the subject line, put : I-485 Multiple I-140s

Body of the email :

Dear Sir/Madam
I request you to kindly approve my pending I 485 case with new approved EB-2 (SRCXXXXXXXXXX) I-140. My I 485 was originally filed with EB-3 (LINXXXXXXXXXX). As per Pearson memo I am eligible to take advantage of priority date from EB3 to EB2.
Please contact me if you need any other information.

My case receipt numbers:
EB-3 : Receipt# LINXXXXXXXXXX with Priority Date XX/XX/2004
EB-2 : Receipt# SRCXXXXXXXXXX with Priority Date XX/XX/2011
I-485: Receipt# SRCXXXXXXXXXX

Primary details:
First name :
Last name :
A# :
485 receipt number :

Spouse Details:
First name :
Last name :
A# :
485 receipt number :

Thanking you

Sincerely,
Name
Address
Ph No :
Email :
satyachowdary,
do you know if your old i 140 was revoked by earlier employer?
i am in the same situation as you...
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #695 (permalink)  
Old 05-01-2012, 08:41 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
May-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/14/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/14/2004
Compare
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 358
jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Finally end of tunnel

Friends,
I am pleased to announce that after 12 years and 10 months in this country, 9 years after filing first labor, 8 years after filing I-485, I have finally received CPO mail today morning at 10.45
In last 9 years I have literally gone through every possible problem on I-485 petition including RFEs, interview, denial, MTR, several trips to congressman's office. While my MTR was pending for 6 months, my mother in law was diagnosed with terminal brain cancer in India. So both of us had several fronts to fight at the same time. The local congressman followed up on our MTRs tirelessly and thanks to him my wife (the only child of widowed mother) could go to India after MTR approval and was with mother for last 14 days of mother's life. I had initially thought of posting all the details but then decided not to live those horrible memories again. Here is short time line after my MTR was finally approved in April 2010. Please note that from and including the MTR on my I485 till its final approval Attorney Murali Bashyam represented me. Murali was one major soothing factor through the turbulant journey.

April 2010 MTR approved.
Mar 2011 advertisements published for EB2 labor.
July 2011 EB2 labor filed.
Sept 2011 EB2 labor approved.
All at Texas service center: -
November 18, 2011 (Friday) 10 a.m. EB2 I140 received by USCIS
November 22 (Tuesday) 5 p.m. EB2 Labor approved. Old priority date May 2003successfully ported.
Decmber 1, 2011 Interfiling letter submitted for pending I485.
March 6 2012, First inquiry by senator on I485 status.
March 14 response from USCIS: - "I have requested the files be sent to an officer for review. Your constituent should receive notification in 30 days after we receive the files".
April 20 Follow up inquiry from Senator.
April 22 response from USCIS:- "The files are assigned to an officer. Your constituent should receive notification in 30 days."
May 1, 2012: - CPO mail.

I have donated, I don't how much but around $2000 to IV since 2006 and would continue my support in future.
My advice to all EB3-I folks: - Port to EB2.
Calling USCIS or the service requests don't help. Don't waste your time. Go to your congressional representitive.
Thanks.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


advertisement
 
 
  #696 (permalink)  
Old 05-03-2012, 07:23 AM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 342
gcseeker2002 has a spectacular aura about gcseeker2002 has a spectacular aura about gcseeker2002 has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungalee43 View Post
Friends,
I am pleased to announce that after 12 years and 10 months in this country, 9 years after filing first labor, 8 years after filing I-485, I have finally received CPO mail today morning at 10.45
In last 9 years I have literally gone through every possible problem on I-485 petition including RFEs, interview, denial, MTR, several trips to congressman's office. While my MTR was pending for 6 months, my mother in law was diagnosed with terminal brain cancer in India. So both of us had several fronts to fight at the same time. The local congressman followed up on our MTRs tirelessly and thanks to him my wife (the only child of widowed mother) could go to India after MTR approval and was with mother for last 14 days of mother's life. I had initially thought of posting all the details but then decided not to live those horrible memories again. Here is short time line after my MTR was finally approved in April 2010. Please note that from and including the MTR on my I485 till its final approval Attorney Murali Bashyam represented me. Murali was one major soothing factor through the turbulant journey.

April 2010 MTR approved.
Mar 2011 advertisements published for EB2 labor.
July 2011 EB2 labor filed.
Sept 2011 EB2 labor approved.
All at Texas service center: -
November 18, 2011 (Friday) 10 a.m. EB2 I140 received by USCIS
November 22 (Tuesday) 5 p.m. EB2 Labor approved. Old priority date May 2003successfully ported.
Decmber 1, 2011 Interfiling letter submitted for pending I485.
March 6 2012, First inquiry by senator on I485 status.
March 14 response from USCIS: - "I have requested the files be sent to an officer for review. Your constituent should receive notification in 30 days after we receive the files".
April 20 Follow up inquiry from Senator.
April 22 response from USCIS:- "The files are assigned to an officer. Your constituent should receive notification in 30 days."
May 1, 2012: - CPO mail.

I have donated, I don't how much but around $2000 to IV since 2006 and would continue my support in future.
My advice to all EB3-I folks: - Port to EB2.
Calling USCIS or the service requests don't help. Don't waste your time. Go to your congressional representitive.
Thanks.
Awesome Congrats. I am in same boat. Ported to Eb2 in Feb 2012, EB3 PD March 2004.
Sent you an IM , pls reply.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #697 (permalink)  
Old 05-03-2012, 09:35 AM
Member
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/12/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 27
jaithran is a jewel in the rough jaithran is a jewel in the rough jaithran is a jewel in the rough
Default Why So Long ?

My attorney submitted the interfiling request on Nov 1, 2011 and my priority date is Nov 2005. It's now 6 months and still waiting to hear back from USCIS. Opened 3 SRs and our congressman office is also following on my case. The response we received for my latest SR was somthing like "We need to do some additional review, so please wait for another 6 months". Appriciate if anyone out here faced same can share their experience.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #698 (permalink)  
Old 05-03-2012, 11:16 AM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
May-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/14/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/14/2004
Compare
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 358
jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute
Default

GCSeeker,
Replied to your PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #699 (permalink)  
Old 05-09-2012, 09:48 AM
Member
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/31/2006
Chargeability
:
Bangladesh
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 30
khukubindu is on a distinguished road
Default What else should I do ?

Here is my situation:

1. I am from ROW

2.EB-3 based I-485 applied in July 2007.
3. Changed employer in 2012
4. Applied EB-2 based I-140 in April 2012 and got approval on May 2, 2012 (Premium)
5. Attorney requested Interfiling at the time of I-140 application
6. I-140 approval notice shows the old priority date which is July 28, 2006.
7. I opened a L1 SR on May 4 , 2012
8. E-mailed to EBUpdate.tsc@dhs.gov on May 4, 2012 and got the following reply

" I have requested your files. When I receive them, I will refer them to an examiner for review/adjudication. You should receive a decision or other notice of action within 60 to 90 days after I refer them."

Question:
1. Does this e-mail menas that my files have been interlinked ?
2. How long does it take to get the approval after receving this type of e-mail ?
3. Should I contact Local Congressman now or wait .
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #700 (permalink)  
Old 05-09-2012, 09:50 AM
Member
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/31/2006
Chargeability
:
Bangladesh
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 30
khukubindu is on a distinguished road
Default

Sorry, I meant that I changed employer in 2010
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


advertisement
 
 
  #701 (permalink)  
Old 05-09-2012, 10:39 AM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
May-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/14/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/14/2004
Compare
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 358
jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute
Default 30 to 45 days more

I don't know about other questions, but from this point, based on their wording, it should 30 to 45 days to approval.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khukubindu View Post
Here is my situation:

1. I am from ROW

2.EB-3 based I-485 applied in July 2007.
3. Changed employer in 2012
4. Applied EB-2 based I-140 in April 2012 and got approval on May 2, 2012 (Premium)
5. Attorney requested Interfiling at the time of I-140 application
6. I-140 approval notice shows the old priority date which is July 28, 2006.
7. I opened a L1 SR on May 4 , 2012
8. E-mailed to EBUpdate.tsc@dhs.gov on May 4, 2012 and got the following reply

" I have requested your files. When I receive them, I will refer them to an examiner for review/adjudication. You should receive a decision or other notice of action within 60 to 90 days after I refer them."

Question:
1. Does this e-mail menas that my files have been interlinked ?
2. How long does it take to get the approval after receving this type of e-mail ?
3. Should I contact Local Congressman now or wait .
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #702 (permalink)  
Old 05-09-2012, 10:42 AM
Member
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/31/2006
Chargeability
:
Bangladesh
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 30
khukubindu is on a distinguished road
Default

Thank you jungalee43 for your quick reply .
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #703 (permalink)  
Old 05-09-2012, 11:08 AM
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1
TaxIES is on a distinguished road
Default I-140 Denial Notice Sent Not Received

Our GC was filed under EB1 category in late 2010. Though the standard processing time was passed, the I-140 was still in initial review until 3 months back. Three months back we received an email alert from USCIS site that RFE is issued on I-140. But the status on the USCIS site was still 'Initial Review'. After repeated tries from the employer as well as attorney none of them could receive the RFE in two months. At the end of April 2012 we received another email alert from the USCIS site that 1-140 is denied and denial has been sent. Neighther employer nor attorney received the 1-140 denial notice in hand yet. We are getting close to the 30 day period to file an MTR. I do not have a valid H1 as I was on EAD. What are my options here?

Thanks!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #704 (permalink)  
Old 05-09-2012, 01:14 PM
Member
Priority Date
:
Mar-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/07/2007
Compare
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 74
deepakjain is infamous around these parts deepakjain is infamous around these parts deepakjain is infamous around these parts deepakjain is infamous around these parts deepakjain is infamous around these parts deepakjain is infamous around these parts deepakjain is infamous around these parts deepakjain is infamous around these parts deepakjain is infamous around these parts deepakjain is infamous around these parts deepakjain is infamous around these parts
Default Status Change of 485 Yesterday and Today

Wait of 10 years has ended, started GC in 2006 under EB3.
filed for 485 in July 07,
Filed labor and 140 in 2011
Ported in Oct 2011 [EB3 485 was in Nebraska], [EB2 140 was in Texas]
Out of the blue status of 485 changed to "Card Production", and this morning the status changed to "Decision", not sure if I will be getting the GC but thought of sharing it with larger group.

Regards,
Deepak
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #705 (permalink)  
Old 05-09-2012, 01:19 PM
Member
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/31/2006
Chargeability
:
Bangladesh
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 30
khukubindu is on a distinguished road
Default

Did you try thorugh congressman office ? Seems it took long time to get the approval of I-485 (Oct 2011 - May 2012)
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


Reply

Bookmarks

advertisement
 

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
EB3 to EB2 porting questions ajaypr Immigrant Visa 0 04-30-2011 09:50 PM
Questions Regarding EB3 To EB2 Porting bollytoholly PERM Processing 1 11-12-2010 01:09 PM
EB3-EB2 Porting questions sripk Immigrant Visa 1 08-19-2009 05:36 AM
PD Porting Questions ita Priority dates transfers and Post 140-approval options 2 01-12-2009 01:26 PM
Question Specific AC21 questions - Job change, intent , I140 risks, interfile ardard2007 AC21 Portability after 180 days of 485 filing 2 04-06-2008 01:25 PM


advertisement

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c)ImmigrationVoice.org