Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Contact Media Latest Posts Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Ask an Attorney - > FREE Lawyer conference calls
Click to log in with Facebook
FREE Lawyer conference calls This forum is for asking questions from Immigration Attorney.
--------------------------------------------
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER:
--------------------------------------------
By participating in this forum or reviewing or reading a transcript or recording of any forum discussion or conference call, you agree that you have read and understand the following disclaimer:
The information provided in this forum as well as any transcripts or recordings posted on this website or websites of participating law firms or attorneys is of a general nature and may not apply to any particular set of facts or to all circumstances. It should not be construed as legal advice and does not constitute an engagement of any participating attorneys or in any way establish an attorney-client relationship with any participating attorneys. You should not rely solely upon information that you may receive during any conference calls, or any transcripts or recordings of conference calls. You should consult an attorney of your choosing to obtain advice for your particular situation. Laws and regulations are constantly changing. The information provided during any conference calls and their transcripts or recordings was pertinent at the time of the conference calls, but may become outdated. We are not responsible in any way for any outdated materials.
IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTICIPATING ATTORNEYS, LAW FIRMS, INDIVIDUALS, OR IMMIGRATION VOICE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONFERENCE CALLS, THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE, OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE WHERE TRANSCRIPTS OR RECORDINGS MAY BE POSTED, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARISE OUT OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE.

advertisement

Donation Goal
Goal amount for this month: 10000 USD, Received: 0 USD (0%)
Donate Now
Please contribute to Immigration Voice.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2013, 11:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Mexico
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
JR087 can only hope to improve
Question Minor caught crossing the border.

When I was 16, I was caught by imigration crossing the border. Since I was with another lady that wasn't related to me, she told me to lie about my name so that I could be released back to Mexico with her as my aunt. It's been around 9 years since then. Now I am married to a US citizen, and I want to apply for a green card through marriage. My question is, how is me lying about my name when I was caught 9 years ago, going to affect me now that I want to get my green card? I read somewhere that I could get punished, an be sent back to Mexico for 10 years. I have a 6 month old baby. I don't want to go through that. I cannot leave my family for such long time. I was a minor when this happened, and I didn't know better. Would imigration take that in consideration? Please help me.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-09-2013, 11:30 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
katta has a reputation beyond repute katta has a reputation beyond repute katta has a reputation beyond repute katta has a reputation beyond repute katta has a reputation beyond repute katta has a reputation beyond repute katta has a reputation beyond repute katta has a reputation beyond repute katta has a reputation beyond repute katta has a reputation beyond repute katta has a reputation beyond repute

Troll don't reply. These people want to see what IV members have to say about illegal immigrants and generate sympathy.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-09-2013, 12:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Mexico
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

With all due respect to your opinion, I am not trolling. Sorry if my tone sounds like I am one, and like I am trying to cause symphaty. I am really in this situation, and would apreciate any input anyone might have. I was really caught crossing the border as a minor. When this happened, I was told by the lady I was with, to lie about my name. She said that if officers foun out I was by myself, I was going to be released to the DIF center until they could locate my family. I was really scared, and since I didn't want to be sent to these type of centers, I gave a false name that matched the last name of the lady that was with me. When they asked me who the lady was, I said she was my aunt. All I remember is that, as I said, they took all my information, they took our fingerprints, and they locked us in a cell for about three hours. They gave us a sandwitch and some cheese crackers to eat, and then they released both of us back to Tijuana.

Despite the fact tht I was caught, like many others, I tried to cross again. Only this time I was with my mom and everything went well. It's been 9 years since then, and now I am married to a US citizen. I want to apply for a green card through marriage, but I am conserned that I will get in trouble if imigration can find out about the time I was caught and lied about my name. I don't know if they are able to find out at the moment they take my fingerprints, and that if they still have my record since its was so long ago, and since I was a minor. Some other people have suggested me to file a FOIA to see the records immigration has on me, but I don't get how this would work since I gave a false name when I was caught. And from what I've read about requesting FOIA, you're not required to submit fingerprints.

So pleaseif anyone has been in a similar situation, please share your story, and how the process went. If you had to get a lawyer, if you had any complications. I am not trolling, nor am I trying to cause symphaty. I am just sharing my story in hopes to get some advice that my help me. I thought this is what this forum was for.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-09-2013, 12:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute

This is the wrong forum for the question. You should call organizations for undocumented land ask them. This forum is for legal employment based immigration.

Old 08-09-2013, 12:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Mexico
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

I see. Sorry about that. I am really new to this, and I though I could just ask anything.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.