Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Contact Media Latest Posts Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing.
Click to log in with Facebook
Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing. Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing.

advertisement
 

Donation Goal
Goal amount for this month: 10000 USD, Received: 0 USD (0%)
Donate Now
Please contribute to Immigration Voice.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 07-30-2007, 01:36 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/22/2007
Compare
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 146
lj_rr can only hope to improve
Question Which Service Center for 485 - Texas or Nebraska?

Can someone post details about which Service Center to send the 485 papers - Nebraska or Texas?

It is based on employer location or employee location?

Link to a USCIS article or something else will be extremely helpful.

Sorry, if this is a repost. I searched but could not find anything.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #2 (permalink)  
Old 07-30-2007, 09:17 AM
Member
Priority Date
:
Jan-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/10/2006
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 33
getgc2008 can only hope to improve
Default check website or Murthy

direct online filing for I485

Last edited by getgc2008; 07-30-2007 at 05:17 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #3 (permalink)  
Old 07-30-2007, 10:13 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/22/2007
Compare
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 146
lj_rr can only hope to improve
Default

So the USCIS article asks you to select Nebraska or Texas based on where you live.
Another place I read that it is based on location of permanent employment.

For me my employer is based at NJ and I work for a client in CA.
They have sent my 485 to Texas. Does this look Ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by getgc2008
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #4 (permalink)  
Old 07-30-2007, 10:16 AM
Member
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 64
ngopikrishnan is a jewel in the rough ngopikrishnan is a jewel in the rough ngopikrishnan is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up Both NSC & TSC is okay for I-485

Please see Q5 & Q6:

http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/EBFAQ1.pdf

Also FAQ2 for your reference:

http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/FAQ2.pdf
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #5 (permalink)  
Old 07-30-2007, 10:24 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/22/2007
Compare
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 146
lj_rr can only hope to improve
Default

This is what the FAQ says

"Q5: Where should employment-based adjustment applications be filed?
A5. Forms I-485 may be filed at either the Nebraska Service Center or the Texas Service Center in accordance with the Direct Filing Update issued June 21, 2007."

Though it says Nebraska Service Center or the Texas Service Center there is also an additional clause "Nebraska Service Center or the Texas Service Center in accordance with the Direct Filing Update issued June 21, 2007". ANd according to that update CA residents should file at Nebraska.
This is what is confusing me.




Quote:
Originally Posted by ngopikrishnan
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


advertisement
 
 
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 07-30-2007, 10:55 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/22/2007
Compare
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 146
lj_rr can only hope to improve
Default

Any response?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lj_rr
This is what the FAQ says

"Q5: Where should employment-based adjustment applications be filed?
A5. Forms I-485 may be filed at either the Nebraska Service Center or the Texas Service Center in accordance with the Direct Filing Update issued June 21, 2007."

Though it says Nebraska Service Center or the Texas Service Center there is also an additional clause "Nebraska Service Center or the Texas Service Center in accordance with the Direct Filing Update issued June 21, 2007". ANd according to that update CA residents should file at Nebraska.
This is what is confusing me.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #7 (permalink)  
Old 07-30-2007, 11:03 AM
Member
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 64
ngopikrishnan is a jewel in the rough ngopikrishnan is a jewel in the rough ngopikrishnan is a jewel in the rough
Post

I would go with the FAQ released on July 23 (since it is the latest) instead of the Direct Filing update released on June 21.

Where was your I-140 applied (if it is not concurrent with 485)?

Also, Q6 says the following:

Q6: What happens if an application is filed at the wrong Service Center?
A6. Forms I-485 should be filed at either the Texas or Nebraska Service Centers. However, through August 17, 2007 only, employment-based adjustment applications filed at the California and Vermont Service Centers will not be rejected and will be relocated to the appropriate Service Center.

Do NOT split hairs! You are okay!

P.S.: BTW, are you working for Cognizant?

Last edited by ngopikrishnan; 07-30-2007 at 11:05 AM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #8 (permalink)  
Old 07-30-2007, 01:16 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/22/2007
Compare
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 146
lj_rr can only hope to improve
Default

Thanks for clarifying/
I believe my 140 was sent to Texas.
No , I dont work for CTS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngopikrishnan
I would go with the FAQ released on July 23 (since it is the latest) instead of the Direct Filing update released on June 21.

Where was your I-140 applied (if it is not concurrent with 485)?

Also, Q6 says the following:

Q6: What happens if an application is filed at the wrong Service Center?
A6. Forms I-485 should be filed at either the Texas or Nebraska Service Centers. However, through August 17, 2007 only, employment-based adjustment applications filed at the California and Vermont Service Centers will not be rejected and will be relocated to the appropriate Service Center.

Do NOT split hairs! You are okay!

P.S.: BTW, are you working for Cognizant?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #9 (permalink)  
Old 07-30-2007, 01:34 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/22/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/22/2007
Compare
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 104
genscn will become famous soon enough
Default Should I-485 be sent at same location as I-140 filed before?

My attorney says that I-485 should be filed at the same location where I-140 was filed (when I-485 & I-140 were not filed concurrently) Is this correct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lj_rr
Thanks for clarifying/
I believe my 140 was sent to Texas.
No , I dont work for CTS.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #10 (permalink)  
Old 07-30-2007, 01:36 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 328
waitin_toolong will become famous soon enough waitin_toolong will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by genscn
My attorney says that I-485 should be filed at the same location where I-140 was filed (when I-485 & I-140 were not filed concurrently) Is this correct?

Yes
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


advertisement
 
 
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 07-30-2007, 01:39 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/22/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/22/2007
Compare
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 104
genscn will become famous soon enough
Default

Is it mention some where on USCIS website? I live in GA but since I-140 was filed at Nebraska center, My attorney sent my I-1485 at Nebraska too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitin_toolong
Yes
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #12 (permalink)  
Old 07-31-2007, 12:32 PM
Member
Priority Date
:
Jan-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/10/2006
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 33
getgc2008 can only hope to improve
Default I140 & 485 same location

Yes my lawyer confirmed that I140 and I485 has to be filed at the same location.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


Reply

Bookmarks

advertisement
 

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nebraska Service Center speed blacktongue Priority dates transfers and Post 140-approval options 9 11-12-2010 09:23 AM
Advance Parole(I-131) from Nebraska service center smarth All other Green Card Issues 3 10-15-2009 11:00 PM
Is Nebraska Service Center Fast! rajev_kk Backlog Processing Center 20 07-22-2007 08:05 AM
Nebraska or Texas Center tomatocup Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins 9 06-25-2007 02:34 PM
Nebraska service center update April18th ChainReaction Non-Immigrant Visas 4 04-26-2007 01:33 PM


advertisement

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c)ImmigrationVoice.org