Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Contact Media Latest Posts Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing.
Click to log in with Facebook
Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing. Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing.

advertisement

Donation Goal
Goal amount for this month: 10000 USD, Received: 0 USD (0%)
Donate Now
Please contribute to Immigration Voice.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2008, 09:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Advanced Parole renewal process and attachments

Hi Guys,

I was looking at the AP renewal instructions. It says:

1. If you are in the United States, you must attach:

a. A copy of any document issued to you by USCIS showing your present status in the United States; and

b. An explanation or other evidence showing the circumstances that warrant issuance of an advance parole document; or

c. If you are an applicant for adjustment of status, a copy of a USCIS receipt as evidence that you filed the adjustment application;

d. If you are traveling to Canada to apply for an immigrant visa, a copy of the U.S. consular appointment letter.

So what I gather from this is that they need:

a) Our H1B status papers and the previous copies of the advanced parole documents.
b) A letter stating why we need the advanced parole.
c) The I-485 receipt copies.

Now it DOES NOT say anything about the photographs if you are filing within the US.

Can someone who has applied for the Advanced Parole (NOT the EAD), please share their experience and what documents are needed. The EAD filing seems to be elaborately covered.

Thanks.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 05-25-2008, 10:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb3_nepa View Post
Hi Guys,

I was looking at the AP renewal instructions. It says:

1. If you are in the United States, you must attach:

a. A copy of any document issued to you by USCIS showing your present status in the United States; and

b. An explanation or other evidence showing the circumstances that warrant issuance of an advance parole document; or

c. If you are an applicant for adjustment of status, a copy of a USCIS receipt as evidence that you filed the adjustment application;

d. If you are traveling to Canada to apply for an immigrant visa, a copy of the U.S. consular appointment letter.

So what I gather from this is that they need:

a) Our H1B status papers and the previous copies of the advanced parole documents.
b) A letter stating why we need the advanced parole.
c) The I-485 receipt copies.

Now it DOES NOT say anything about the photographs if you are filing within the US.

Can someone who has applied for the Advanced Parole (NOT the EAD), please share their experience and what documents are needed. The EAD filing seems to be elaborately covered.

Thanks.
Just I485:
Isn't just I485 receipt enough -
c. If you are an applicant for adjustment of status, a copy of a USCIS receipt as evidence that you filed the adjustment application

( (a) AND (b) ) OR (c)

+ Photographs:
...or if you are in the United States and filing for advance parole document.

You must submit two identical color photographs of yourself taken within 30 days of the filing of this application.
(Photo spec on page 5 of http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-131instr.pdf)

Alongwith I131 and US$305

Note: When I filed EAD, I didn't do over documentation (refer to http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=18737). In case of AP also overdocumentation should not be required.

Last edited by Dhundhun; 05-25-2008 at 10:44 PM.

Old 05-26-2008, 12:49 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhundhun View Post
Just I485:
Isn't just I485 receipt enough -
c. If you are an applicant for adjustment of status, a copy of a USCIS receipt as evidence that you filed the adjustment application

( (a) AND (b) ) OR (c)

+ Photographs:
...or if you are in the United States and filing for advance parole document.

You must submit two identical color photographs of yourself taken within 30 days of the filing of this application.
(Photo spec on page 5 of http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-131instr.pdf)

Alongwith I131 and US$305

Note: When I filed EAD, I didn't do over documentation (refer to http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=18737). In case of AP also overdocumentation should not be required.
I am not sure what you mean...

Old 05-26-2008, 01:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default bump^^^

bumping

Old 05-26-2008, 02:33 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/03/2007
Compare
Michael chertoff has a reputation beyond repute Michael chertoff has a reputation beyond repute Michael chertoff has a reputation beyond repute Michael chertoff has a reputation beyond repute Michael chertoff has a reputation beyond repute Michael chertoff has a reputation beyond repute Michael chertoff has a reputation beyond repute Michael chertoff has a reputation beyond repute Michael chertoff has a reputation beyond repute Michael chertoff has a reputation beyond repute Michael chertoff has a reputation beyond repute

Just send

1. Complete apllication
2.2 Photographs
3. Copy of I-485 reciept
4. Copy Last advance Parole
5. Check.

Thats it.

MC

advertisement

Old 05-26-2008, 03:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I am not sure what you mean...
Michael chertoff answered the same in simple terms, in my reply references are there.

Old 05-26-2008, 04:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael chertoff View Post
Just send

1. Complete apllication
2.2 Photographs
3. Copy of I-485 reciept
4. Copy Last advance Parole
5. Check.

Thats it.

MC
Thanks for replying MC. One more question. Can I send one combined check for my spouse and me?

Old 05-26-2008, 10:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Where to file?

One more question.

Where do you file if you are filing at the Texas Service Center?

It says:

USCIS Texas Service Center
P.O. Box 851182
Mesquite, TX 75185-1182

However Fedex/UPS will not deliver to PO Boxes. So does that mean we can send it ONLY via USPS?

Old 05-27-2008, 12:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Bump

I know i keep bumping this thread but I am surprised that no one has posted any experiences regarding the AP. I mean i see a TON of stuff about EAD renewals but nothing specifically about the AP. I guess ppl are more interested in making money than leaving the country (like ME )

(For all those who enjoy giving red and green dots, just to specify, the above comment was a JOKE).

Old 05-28-2008, 12:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Clarifications from my lawyer

Hi guys,

This is what my lawyer said.

If you/spouse have used your EAD or are using your EAD then your "Current Immigration Status" is "Adjustment of Status Pending/Parolee". If not then it is either H1B or H4.

If you/spouse have actually travlled outside the US and re-entered using the Advanced parole, then your "Manner of Last Entry" is "Parolee". If not then it is what it says on your I-94 (H1B or H4).

You do **NOT** need the $80 Biometric fee for the Advanced Parole.

advertisement

Old 05-28-2008, 03:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
lalithkx is just really nice lalithkx is just really nice lalithkx is just really nice lalithkx is just really nice
Default Re-entry of minor

Quote:
Hi guys,

If you/spouse have used your EAD or are using your EAD then your "Current Immigration Status" is "Adjustment of Status Pending/Parolee". If not then it is either H1B or H4.

If you/spouse have actually travlled outside the US and re-entered using the Advanced parole, then your "Manner of Last Entry" is "Parolee". If not then it is what it says on your I-94 (H1B or H4).

Guys,

do any body know what documents a minor need for reentry using AP?

Do they need EAD or just I-485 receipt is enough. please reply ASAP.

thanks

Old 06-04-2008, 12:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/07/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/27/2007
Compare
bekugc has a spectacular aura about bekugc has a spectacular aura about
Default AP for 485 pple - question3 on part 7 of the application

when 485 pending pple r requesting AP to travel out and return back.

the question: 3 on page 3 "If the travel document will be delivered to an overseas office, where should the notice to pick up the document be sent:"
in part 7 of the application --> can it be left empty???

since we r expecting to AP approval to arrive by mail to our mailing address, can we leave this question 3 on page3/part 7 EMPTY?

pls let me know.

thanks

Old 06-04-2008, 01:10 PM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/12/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
smartboy75 is a splendid one to behold smartboy75 is a splendid one to behold smartboy75 is a splendid one to behold smartboy75 is a splendid one to behold smartboy75 is a splendid one to behold smartboy75 is a splendid one to behold smartboy75 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Hi guys,

hey eb3_nepa

One quick question....if the spouse is on H4, working on EAD and then travels outside and comes back in using her H4....can she then still use her EAD.....??

Old 06-04-2008, 01:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/05/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/21/2007
Compare
webm will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartboy75 View Post
hey eb3_nepa

One quick question....if the spouse is on H4, working on EAD and then travels outside and comes back in using her H4....can she then still use her EAD.....??
Yes fill the I-9 form and again can continue work on EAD..but better use AP at POE if she already used EAD before..

my 2 cents..

Last edited by webm; 06-04-2008 at 01:30 PM.

Old 06-04-2008, 01:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/07/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/27/2007
Compare
bekugc has a spectacular aura about bekugc has a spectacular aura about

hi smartboy;

as far as i know -> if spouse is working on EAD, she is NO LONGER on H4.
and the agreed way of re-instating h1/h4 is via H1/h4 extension or amendment or via h1/h4 stamping.

if she leaves US and wanna come back , then she can use AP.

if she still has a valid h4 stamping in the passport, i guess she may be tempted to use it; but i dont know what the implications cud be at the POE. the IO can chk her SSN and find out easily that she is on payroll at employment and paying taxes etc and can question "well it seems like u were working, and now u want to come back to H4? did u quit ur job etc etc". im just guessing but these cud be very valid questions.

assuming her h4 is accpted at POE, then she comes back to h4 nonimmig visa and is immediately not eligible to work.
One may say that - oh ok, now taht im back in the US, let me use EAD again and get back to work. but this becomes like flipfloping and just misusing H4 for travel purposes.

it may be a grey area, chk with a lawyer regarding this. who knows theoritically it may be allowed to flipflop between h4 and ead.

Last edited by bekugc; 06-04-2008 at 01:30 PM.