Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Contact Media Latest Posts Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing.
Click to log in with Facebook
Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing. Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing.

advertisement

Donation Goal
Goal amount for this month: 10000 USD, Received: 0 USD (0%)
Donate Now
Please contribute to Immigration Voice.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2012, 06:43 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
billu has much to be proud of billu has much to be proud of billu has much to be proud of billu has much to be proud of billu has much to be proud of billu has much to be proud of billu has much to be proud of billu has much to be proud of billu has much to be proud of
Default EAD renewal

Need help on EAD renewal for my spouse, she is my dependent and we applied I-485 in Nov. 2011. I asked my company lawyer to file EAD renewal application and he is asking $380 filing fee and $200 attorney fee. Do we have to pay any fee for EAD renewal? Is it worth to pay lawyer $200 for the same or can I do it myself?

Also, we will be going to india in October and we are planning to apply EAD renewal by august end . is it ok if she gets new EAD card while we are gone. current EAD card will still be valid when she comes back in oct end (is valid till nov end).thanks for your advice.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 08-07-2012, 09:44 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/13/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/13/2007
Compare
LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute

First of all, its really easy to apply online for EAD renewal. Save that $200.00 attorney fee. Or donate to IV instead.
2) Is your spouse working? If so, you would have to renew EAD. I would prefer not to go abroad while the EAD is in process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billu View Post
Need help on EAD renewal for my spouse, she is my dependent and we applied I-485 in Nov. 2011. I asked my company lawyer to file EAD renewal application and he is asking $380 filing fee and $200 attorney fee. Do we have to pay any fee for EAD renewal? Is it worth to pay lawyer $200 for the same or can I do it myself?

Also, we will be going to india in October and we are planning to apply EAD renewal by august end . is it ok if she gets new EAD card while we are gone. current EAD card will still be valid when she comes back in oct end (is valid till nov end).thanks for your advice.

Old 08-07-2012, 03:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/02/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Compare
hiralal is infamous around these parts hiralal is infamous around these parts hiralal is infamous around these parts hiralal is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInGCProcess View Post
First of all, its really easy to apply online for EAD renewal. Save that $200.00 attorney fee. Or donate to IV instead.
2) Is your spouse working? If so, you would have to renew EAD. I would prefer not to go abroad while the EAD is in process.
it is better to apply by mail if you want to go to india ...my experience is that when you apply online you will be called for fingerprinting ...also when did you apply for 485 ..filing is free if applied under new rules ..also it is very very easy to apply for ead yourself ..it is one page form - it also depends if your wife is working etc ..if not -and you are not in a hurry ..apply yourself ..

Old 08-07-2012, 03:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/02/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Compare
hiralal is infamous around these parts hiralal is infamous around these parts hiralal is infamous around these parts hiralal is infamous around these parts

I see that you applied for 485 in nov 2011 ..filing should be free ..if rules have not changed ?? does anyone know if it has changed ?

Old 08-07-2012, 04:51 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

$200 to fill a simple form in simple english language??

Old 08-07-2012, 05:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
billu has much to be proud of billu has much to be proud of billu has much to be proud of billu has much to be proud of billu has much to be proud of billu has much to be proud of billu has much to be proud of billu has much to be proud of billu has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInGCProcess View Post
yes my spouse is working. the problem with going abroad is that we can wait for one month but we dont know how long EAD renewal is going to take.if it takes 3-4 months, we dont want to wait that long and miss festival season of going to india.

Old 08-07-2012, 05:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiralal View Post
it is better to apply by mail if you want to go to india ...my experience is that when you apply online you will be called for fingerprinting ...also when did you apply for 485 ..filing is free if applied under new rules ..also it is very very easy to apply for ead yourself ..it is one page form - it also depends if your wife is working etc ..if not -and you are not in a hurry ..apply yourself ..
again, i dont have any problem in applying myself but when my lawyer asked $200, he is not asking that to just fill up a form, he is putting his name behind the application so that if any RFE arises, he would be responsible and he would take care of it. he applied for our I-485 and initail EAD too. I would rather spend $200 rather than apply myself and I would not know what to do if i get RFE on any technical point.

Do you think she will get fingerprinting request even if we apply by mail? why do they call for FP ONLY if u apply online??

Old 08-07-2012, 05:46 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
again, i dont have any problem in applying myself but when my lawyer asked $200, he is not asking that to just fill up a form, he is putting his name behind the application so that if any RFE arises, he would be responsible and he would take care of it. he applied for our I-485 and initail EAD too. I would rather spend $200 rather than apply myself and I would not know what to do if i get RFE on any technical point.

Do you think she will get fingerprinting request even if we apply by mail? why do they call for FP ONLY if u apply online??
This is misconception on forums. Why people think if a lawyer has a Big name chances of approval is good? And what is their definition of name? A good looking website ?
Does anyone have any proof that approvals are happening because of names? Has any lawyer said that. We do not think this is true. Claiming something like that could be considered immigration fraud and complaint can be filed against such false claims.

Secondly do we know what percentage get RFE in EAD applications?
===================
Use the info in the post at your risk. None of this is legal advice.
-----------

Last edited by pappu; 08-07-2012 at 07:44 PM.

Old 08-07-2012, 07:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
This is
Iot of misconception spread on forums. So you think if a lawyer has a Big name chances of approval is good? And what is your definition of name? A good looking website ?
Do you ave any proof that approvals are happening because of names? Has any lawyer said that. We do not think this is true. Claiming something like that is illegal.

Secondly do you know what percentage get rfe in EAD applications?

There is no argument like a bad one. When you search for a doctor, why dont you take OTC medicine or diagnose yourself. just as you search for a good doctor who specializes in medicine, you would take help from a good attorney. In my case, I am talking about our company attorney who has filed thousands of immigration petitions, dealt with hundreds of RFEs successfully. There is one thing money cant buy PEACE OF MIND. ever seen Master card commercial?

Old 11-20-2012, 11:53 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GCohlic is on a distinguished road
Default EAD Renewal Timings @ NSC

E Filed on 09/25/2012.
Current EAD Expiring on 11/29/12.

This is my 4th Renewal. All previous renewed cards received in less than two months. This time seems different. Only 10 days Left and will not have DL either to drive..

Opened SR on 11/14/2012.. but no answer...

Any inputs PLEASE?