Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Contact Media Latest Posts Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing.
Click to log in with Facebook
Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing. Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing.

advertisement

Donation Goal
Goal amount for this month: 10000 USD, Received: 0 USD (0%)
Donate Now
Please contribute to Immigration Voice.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2012, 02:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
deepak2010 is a jewel in the rough deepak2010 is a jewel in the rough deepak2010 is a jewel in the rough
Default Can I renew EAD/AP myself?

Hello everyone,
As my post implies..I am new to EAD/Ap renewal issues.I have the combo card and this will be my first renewal. My lawyer is asking me 500$( for both) to do the paperwork for me and my wife.I am a health care professional. My H1 and GC all being done by the same Practice. I am still working in the same practice. Haven't used EAD yet. Still on H1. EAD due for renewal in April 2013.
My question is:
Is it something fairly simple that I can do it myself?
Could you please advice and direct me appropriately.
Thanks
D
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 11-29-2012, 03:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepak2010 View Post
Hello everyone,
As my post implies..I am new to EAD/Ap renewal issues.I have the combo card and this will be my first renewal. My lawyer is asking me 500$( for both) to do the paperwork for me and my wife.I am a health care professional. My H1 and GC all being done by the same Practice. I am still working in the same practice. Haven't used EAD yet. Still on H1. EAD due for renewal in April 2013.
My question is:
Is it something fairly simple that I can do it myself?
Could you please advice and direct me appropriately.
Thanks
D
1. Google "USCIS e-filing" and land in the appropriate uscis web site
2. Create an account for you
3. Then read carefully and file I-765 application for you. As it is your first time filing, you need to be more catious while entering information.
4. The "Middle Name" text box is a kind of confusing, but just put two spaces if you don't have a middle name, so the form won't complain
5. At the end Watch Out for a check box "Mailing additional documents", make sure that you check that. (not sure which page it comes)
6. Select 9 (c) Adjustment of Status on the eligibility category and put your USCIS Receipt number for I-485
7. After you certify the form, you can pay thru credit card online
8. Save the confirmation pdf file
9. Print the first page of the confirmation file, attach additional documents (copies of I-485 receipt, I-140 receipt, Driver license, H1B visa, passport pages etc), add a cover letter, mention your I-485 number and some message saying you are applying EAD based on your pending adjustment of status etc.
10. Mail the documents + 2 photos of you + your cover letter on top + USCIS confirmation page ON TOP of everything to the address mentioned in the USCIS confirmation page

If you want to apply AP, there is a check box appearing in one of those pages "do you want to apply AP?", check that and it will continue to display forms for that. OR you can redo the whole process for AP once again.

If you are sending EAD + AP applications you need to send 4 photographs.

Note: You did not mention I-485 date, but saying I-140 processing. So I am not sure how you got your EAD....

Old 11-29-2012, 03:40 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivgclive View Post
1. Google "USCIS e-filing" and land in the appropriate uscis web site
2. Create an account for you
3. Then read carefully and file I-765 application for you. As it is your first time filing, you need to be more catious while entering information.
4. The "Middle Name" text box is a kind of confusing, but just put two spaces if you don't have a middle name, so the form won't complain
5. At the end Watch Out for a check box "Mailing additional documents", make sure that you check that. (not sure which page it comes)
6. Select 9 (c) Adjustment of Status on the eligibility category and put your USCIS Receipt number for I-485
7. After you certify the form, you can pay thru credit card online
8. Save the confirmation pdf file
9. Print the first page of the confirmation file, attach additional documents (copies of I-485 receipt, I-140 receipt, Driver license, H1B visa, passport pages etc), add a cover letter, mention your I-485 number and some message saying you are applying EAD based on your pending adjustment of status etc.
10. Mail the documents + 2 photos of you + your cover letter on top + USCIS confirmation page ON TOP of everything to the address mentioned in the USCIS confirmation page

If you want to apply AP, there is a check box appearing in one of those pages "do you want to apply AP?", check that and it will continue to display forms for that. OR you can redo the whole process for AP once again.

If you are sending EAD + AP applications you need to send 4 photographs.

Note: You did not mention I-485 date, but saying I-140 processing. So I am not sure how you got your EAD....
You just saved him several hundred dollars .
===================
Use the info in the post at your risk. None of this is legal advice.
-----------

Old 11-29-2012, 03:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
deepak2010 is a jewel in the rough deepak2010 is a jewel in the rough deepak2010 is a jewel in the rough

Thank You very much.
I filed my 485 last year when my PD(Jan 2010) got current...
Deepak

Old 11-29-2012, 04:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Sorry..early this year when it got current...

advertisement

Old 11-29-2012, 04:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
food2010 is on a distinguished road
Default Contribute to IV

As you just saved hundreds of $$ please contribute those to IV.

Old 11-29-2012, 06:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
arun_ramani has a reputation beyond repute arun_ramani has a reputation beyond repute arun_ramani has a reputation beyond repute arun_ramani has a reputation beyond repute arun_ramani has a reputation beyond repute arun_ramani has a reputation beyond repute arun_ramani has a reputation beyond repute arun_ramani has a reputation beyond repute arun_ramani has a reputation beyond repute arun_ramani has a reputation beyond repute arun_ramani has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think we can do e-filing of EAD/AP renewal USCIS - Instructions for Electronic Filing Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization

In this we may not be eligible as it clearly mentions (c)(9) Adjustment applicants who are required to pay a fee for Form I-765.

Since folks renewing after July 2007 do not have to pay renewal fee, I don't think they can e-file unless I am missing something.
-------

Old 11-29-2012, 07:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_ramani View Post
I don't think we can do e-filing of EAD/AP renewal USCIS - Instructions for Electronic Filing Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization

In this we may not be eligible as it clearly mentions (c)(9) Adjustment applicants who are required to pay a fee for Form I-765.

Since folks renewing after July 2007 do not have to pay renewal fee, I don't think they can e-file unless I am missing something.
He can do paper based filing to a lockbox right ?

Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Contribute | HR3012 Wiki

Info on Rally | Posters | Volunteers

Old 11-29-2012, 11:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_ramani View Post

Oh, yes.

He may not be eligible for e-filing. I don't think (c)(9) will change. But same thing, he needs to fill and send to the lock box specified for his case.

Now, he spends $0.00, WOW!

Old 11-29-2012, 11:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepak2010 View Post
Thank You very much.
I filed my 485 last year when my PD(Jan 2010) got current...
Deepak
Buddy, I may be wrong.

You filed I-485 under with updated fees structure and may be eligible for free EAD & AP, but have to file as papers to a lock box.

The information & documents may be the same as e-filing. Just download theose forms from USCIS web site, print & fill and send to lock box.

You can find the same information in USCIS web site.

advertisement

Old 11-30-2012, 08:31 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Hey
Sorry..just saw all the replies today. Thanks everyone for actively advising. I will follow the leads. As far as donating....I have done that several times before, will do it again even if I still end up using a lawyer.After all, IV works for my and others' common interest. It takes a lot of selfless interest for a person to do what many at IV do.....Kudos to IV
Deepak

Old 11-30-2012, 04:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/29/2011
Compare
assimilation is on a distinguished road

Yes, I just did three weeks back; Very simple forms, patience needed to make copies etc.

Paper-file to lock box; Saved $1200 in lawyer fees

Old 12-01-2012, 03:29 PM
Priority Date
:
May-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/25/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/27/2012
Compare
bondgoli007 has a reputation beyond repute bondgoli007 has a reputation beyond repute bondgoli007 has a reputation beyond repute bondgoli007 has a reputation beyond repute bondgoli007 has a reputation beyond repute bondgoli007 has a reputation beyond repute bondgoli007 has a reputation beyond repute bondgoli007 has a reputation beyond repute bondgoli007 has a reputation beyond repute bondgoli007 has a reputation beyond repute bondgoli007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default EAD/AP card renewal info

Deepak,

File on your own using paper filing and $0 fees required for anyone who filed I485 after Aug 2007. You can mail entire family's set of applications in 1 packet but make sure to separate each applicant's set by a binder clip or a manila envelope (like I did mine).
Good Luck!

1765 form link:
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=73ddd59cb7a5d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCR D&vgnextchannel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6 a1RCRD

I131 form and G-1145 link:
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=b11747a55773d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCR D&vgnextchannel=7d316c0b4c3bf110VgnVCM100000471819 0aRCRD

Documents required to be provided for EACH applicant:
Completed form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization.
Completed form I-131, Application for Advance Parole.
Completed form of G-1145
4 color photographs (A# and Name lightly printed in the back);
Copy of previously approved Employment Authorization Card(Front)
Copy of previously approved Employment Authorization Card(Back)
Copy of receipt of pending I-485 application.
Copy of EAD and Advance Parole approval notice
Previously approved EAD mailer information cut-off section.
Cover letter (google EAD/AP renewal cover letter)

Address to mail the complete packet to:
If you live in:
Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming, Guam, or the Commonwealth of Northern Mariana Islands.

Mail your application to:
USCIS Phoenix Lockbox
For U.S. Postal Service (USPS) deliveries:
USCIS
PO Box 21281
Phoenix, AZ 85036

For Express mail and courier deliveries:
USCIS
Attn: AOS
1820 E. Skyharbor Circle S
Suite 100
Phoenix, AZ 85034

Alabama, Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Mississippi, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, U.S. Virgin Islands, or West Virginia

USCIS Dallas Lockbox
For U.S. Postal Service (USPS) Deliveries:
USCIS
PO Box 660867
Dallas, TX 75266

USCIS
2501 S. State Hwy. 121 Business
Suite 400
Lewisville, TX 75067

Northern California State Chapter

Old 12-03-2012, 08:32 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/15/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mayurcreation has a reputation beyond repute mayurcreation has a reputation beyond repute mayurcreation has a reputation beyond repute mayurcreation has a reputation beyond repute mayurcreation has a reputation beyond repute mayurcreation has a reputation beyond repute mayurcreation has a reputation beyond repute mayurcreation has a reputation beyond repute mayurcreation has a reputation beyond repute mayurcreation has a reputation beyond repute mayurcreation has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation

Do we need to send photocopy of driver license for EAD/AP renewal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondgoli007 View Post
Deepak,

File on your own using paper filing and $0 fees required for anyone who filed I485 after Aug 2007. You can mail entire family's set of applications in 1 packet but make sure to separate each applicant's set by a binder clip or a manila envelope (like I did mine).
Good Luck!

1765 form link:
USCIS - I-765, Application for Employment Authorization

I131 form and G-1145 link:
USCIS - I-131, Application for Travel Document

Documents required to be provided for EACH applicant:
Completed form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization.
Completed form I-131, Application for Advance Parole.
Completed form of G-1145
4 color photographs (A# and Name lightly printed in the back);
Copy of previously approved Employment Authorization Card(Front)
Copy of previously approved Employment Authorization Card(Back)
Copy of receipt of pending I-485 application.
Copy of EAD and Advance Parole approval notice
Previously approved EAD mailer information cut-off section.
Cover letter (google EAD/AP renewal cover letter)

Address to mail the complete packet to:
If you live in:
Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming, Guam, or the Commonwealth of Northern Mariana Islands.

Mail your application to:
USCIS Phoenix Lockbox
For U.S. Postal Service (USPS) deliveries:
USCIS
PO Box 21281
Phoenix, AZ 85036

USCIS
1820 E. Skyharbor Circle S
Suite 100
Phoenix, AZ 85034

Alabama, Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Mississippi, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, U.S. Virgin Islands, or West Virginia

USCIS Dallas Lockbox
For U.S. Postal Service (USPS) Deliveries:
USCIS
PO Box 660867
Dallas, TX 75266

USCIS
2501 S. State Hwy. 121 Business
Suite 400
Lewisville, TX 75067

Old 12-03-2012, 11:12 AM
Priority Date
:
May-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/11/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/15/2012
Compare
shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Some more docs are required

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayurcreation View Post
Do we need to send photocopy of driver license for EAD/AP renewal?
Yes, either the DL copy or copy of passport identity page. For AP we also need to provide copy of I-94, if one is in H1/H4 status currently.
I also included copy of I-140 approval letter as some people reported RFE's stating "underlying I-140 not found"

Last but not the least don't forget to include I-131 Part #7 explanation.