Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Contact Media Latest Posts Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing.
Click to log in with Facebook
Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing. Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing.

advertisement

Donation Goal
Goal amount for this month: 10000 USD, Received: 0 USD (0%)
Donate Now
Please contribute to Immigration Voice.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2009, 05:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
musicstud1 is on a distinguished road
Question Wrong birth date on School leaving/ no Birth Certificate available

Hi! I need help determining my next course of action! Here is my situation- my wife does NOT have a Birth Certificate from the Municipality. Her Birth date on School leaving certificate is wrong and unfortunately that was what used for Passport as well. Now for I-485, she needs 1) either a BC or a Non-availability certificate 2) School leaving certificate and 3) affidavits by parents and relative. So, in her situation, she doesn't know if the birth was recorded (born in 1977), and if it was she will get a BC with the correct date. But that will not match the date on Passport as well as school leaving cert. So, should we go with Non-availability cert + existing school leaving + existing passport -- OR -- Birth certificate + New passport (with correct date) + affidavits by parents and relatives? How will changing the birth date on passport affect in future? All her education documents state her wrong date (including her current H4 VISA). Please advise the best course of action.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 11-06-2009, 12:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/09/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2006
Compare
IAF is a jewel in the rough IAF is a jewel in the rough IAF is a jewel in the rough

In absence of municipal birth certificate, you can get affidavit of birth from both parents of elder brother or sister also works. That should be use as last resort. However, you have show ,that you have made attempt to get birth certificate like, letter from Municipal that they do not have her birth record. Your lawyer should be able to give the format for affidavit.

Old 11-06-2009, 12:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
narendra_modi is infamous around these parts narendra_modi is infamous around these parts narendra_modi is infamous around these parts narendra_modi is infamous around these parts narendra_modi is infamous around these parts narendra_modi is infamous around these parts narendra_modi is infamous around these parts narendra_modi is infamous around these parts narendra_modi is infamous around these parts narendra_modi is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicstud1 View Post
Hi! I need help determining my next course of action! Here is my situation- my wife does NOT have a Birth Certificate from the Municipality. Her Birth date on School leaving certificate is wrong and unfortunately that was what used for Passport as well. Now for I-485, she needs 1) either a BC or a Non-availability certificate 2) School leaving certificate and 3) affidavits by parents and relative. So, in her situation, she doesn't know if the birth was recorded (born in 1977), and if it was she will get a BC with the correct date. But that will not match the date on Passport as well as school leaving cert. So, should we go with Non-availability cert + existing school leaving + existing passport -- OR -- Birth certificate + New passport (with correct date) + affidavits by parents and relatives? How will changing the birth date on passport affect in future? All her education documents state her wrong date (including her current H4 VISA). Please advise the best course of action.
Don't get into hassle of non-availiblity etc..& correcting it..you have passport as per LC..just attach a copy of LC, affidevit from parents, affidevits from uncle/aunts and get a new BIRTH CERTI from Consulate here ..attach that ..that will work..I did the same thing ..for my wife..worked..in her case ..name was also different..GL

Old 11-06-2009, 12:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
narendra_modi is infamous around these parts narendra_modi is infamous around these parts narendra_modi is infamous around these parts narendra_modi is infamous around these parts narendra_modi is infamous around these parts narendra_modi is infamous around these parts narendra_modi is infamous around these parts narendra_modi is infamous around these parts narendra_modi is infamous around these parts narendra_modi is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicstud1 View Post
see if you can add some more additional documents .e.g. India's PAN# (Tax Id#) ..where it shows her birth date as per PP..some thing else..that would help but not required..but BC from Consulate is must I think it cost 25USD ..they will issue based on your PP..just attach the original, keep the copy with you.