Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Contact Media Latest Posts Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > Medical exams and related issues
Click to log in with Facebook
Medical exams and related issues All issues related to medical exams for 485 filing.

advertisement

Donation Goal
Goal amount for this month: 10000 USD, Received: 0 USD (0%)
Donate Now
Please contribute to Immigration Voice.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2007, 08:08 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
cooolvick is on a distinguished road
Default Police clearance certificate for Canada -- in India?

Hi all,

I would like to get PCC for Canada immigration. I have my passport renewed in NY embassy.
Questions:
1. As embassy will stamp "PCC issued for canada immigration" on passport, is there any problem in future when I enter in to US or go for Visa stamping?
2. If so, can I apply PCC in India using my friends / parents without me being there personally? I am aware that they just issue a certificate and will not stamp anything on passport
3. Should I also apply PCC for my wife who is with me in US since 2005? I will decide whether to apply PCC for her in US or in India based on answers for above questions

Please advice

Thanks a lot
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 12-03-2007, 08:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb No Issues! Your Choice!!

cooolvick: Having a "PCC issued for Canada immigration" stamp on your passport will not create any issues. If you do not want any one to know that you have applied for Canadian immigration then ask your parents or relative to apply for PCC at local police station.

Old 12-03-2007, 08:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/12/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
rick_rajvanshi is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooolvick View Post
Hi all,

I would like to get PCC for Canada immigration. I have my passport renewed in NY embassy.
Questions:

1. As embassy will stamp "PCC issued for canada immigration" on passport, is there any problem in future when I enter in to US or go for Visa stamping?

There were no issues at all when i went for H1 stamping at Vancouver.
I not only had PCC stamp from Indian consulate in my passport but a Canadian PR as well.

2. If so, can I apply PCC in India using my friends / parents without me being there personally? I am aware that they just issue a certificate and will not stamp anything on passport

Thats next to impossible - PCC in India without your presence ! Yes they issue a certificate only and will not stamp your PP. The PCC has to be signed by DCP level after proper local police station verification at home. Also, they need to take 2 signatures from your neighbors vouching that they know you. I think , its much easier and simpler to get PCC here than in India.

3. Should I also apply PCC for my wife who is with me in US since 2005? I will decide whether to apply PCC for her in US or in India based on answers for above questions

Both of you need PCC from India / Indian consulate and any other country you have stayed for more than 6months. Its easier to get PCC from consulate if your passport is issued here in US. Tricky and time consuming if it was issued in India

Please advice

Thanks a lot
hope its clear

Old 12-04-2007, 01:25 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
cooolvick is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the detailed reply.

Apologies...may be I framed the first question wrong.

My current company is delaying a lot in filing my labor.Hence I am going through this route.Having a GC applied and running will cause any issues with PCC stamp when I go for visa stamping or re-enter US?
I read somewhere that they will specify it like "Dual citizenship intent" in their DB? is it true? or is it another speculation?

Please note that I hear you that you have candian PR. Being little cautious about the situation when both GC and Canada PR are going at the same time.

Thanks again

Old 12-04-2007, 02:02 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/12/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooolvick View Post
Thanks for the detailed reply.

Apologies...may be I framed the first question wrong.

My current company is delaying a lot in filing my labor.Hence I am going through this route.Having a GC applied and running will cause any issues with PCC stamp when I go for visa stamping or re-enter US?
I read somewhere t

hat they will specify it like "Dual citizenship intent" in their DB? is it true? or is it another speculation?

Please note that I hear you that you have candian PR. Being little cautious about the situation when both GC and Canada PR are going at the same time.

Thanks again
Why will PCC stamp cause any issues any anywhere. Its a clearance certificate not a conviction certificate - and obviously you 'll keep few copies of this certificate with you to show when asked to explain the stamp.

Question of dual citizenship intent comes when you have green card of 2 countries. so thats far far away - do not even think about it.

I do not see any issues created by any agency( USCIS or CIC ) either in the process or granting GC. Both are independent processes and both agencies are more worried about you following their immigration laws such as once you get Canadian GC you have 3 years to move permanently else it gets revoked. Simple.

advertisement

Old 03-14-2008, 04:17 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hearthorbeguy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick_rajvanshi View Post
There were no issues at all when i went for H1 stamping at Vancouver.
I not only had PCC stamp from Indian consulate in my passport but a Canadian PR as well.
Hey dude, thanks for sharing the info. I need to obtain the PCC as well from Indian embassy in US. Can you please tell me how did you approach them because there is no information on any of Indian embassies website regarding how to obtain a PCC? Please help. Thanks!

Regards

Old 05-05-2008, 04:41 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Agnirgha is on a distinguished road
Default question regarding Police Clearance Certificate

Quote:
Why will PCC stamp cause any issues any anywhere. Its a clearance certificate not a conviction certificate - and obviously you 'll keep few copies of this certificate with you to show when asked to explain the stamp.

Question of dual citizenship intent comes when you have green card of 2 countries. so thats far far away - do not even think about it.

I do not see any issues created by any agency( USCIS or CIC ) either in the process or granting GC. Both are independent processes and both agencies are more worried about you following their immigration laws such as once you get Canadian GC you have 3 years to move permanently else it gets revoked. Simple.
Hi,

Is "Police Clearance Certificate" something whcih is stamped on the PP,, or is it a separate document all together. I did not understand what meant by PCC stamped in the passport. Pls let me know.

I am planning to obtain a PCC from the US Consulate in SFO.

Regards,

Old 05-05-2008, 10:32 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB1B
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/30/2007
Compare
raysaikat has a reputation beyond repute raysaikat has a reputation beyond repute raysaikat has a reputation beyond repute raysaikat has a reputation beyond repute raysaikat has a reputation beyond repute raysaikat has a reputation beyond repute raysaikat has a reputation beyond repute raysaikat has a reputation beyond repute raysaikat has a reputation beyond repute raysaikat has a reputation beyond repute raysaikat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnirgha View Post
Hi,

Is "Police Clearance Certificate" something whcih is stamped on the PP,, or is it a separate document all together. I did not understand what meant by PCC stamped in the passport. Pls let me know.
For Indian citizens, the Indian consulate will issue a certificate that says that they have no conviction record on file. It is a piece of paper. But then they will also stamp your passport saying something like "PCC issued".

Quote:

Regards,
If your home country is India, then you get it from the "Indian" consulate. If your home country is not India, then you need to look up the process for getting the police clearance certificate; it varies from country to country (e.g., for China, it has to come from China).

Old 05-05-2008, 10:53 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
rameshvaid has a reputation beyond repute rameshvaid has a reputation beyond repute rameshvaid has a reputation beyond repute rameshvaid has a reputation beyond repute rameshvaid has a reputation beyond repute rameshvaid has a reputation beyond repute rameshvaid has a reputation beyond repute rameshvaid has a reputation beyond repute rameshvaid has a reputation beyond repute rameshvaid has a reputation beyond repute rameshvaid has a reputation beyond repute
Default PCC for Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by raysaikat View Post
For Indian citizens, the Indian consulate will issue a certificate that says that they have no conviction record on file. It is a piece of paper. But then they will also stamp your passport saying something like "PCC issued".

If your home country is India, then you get it from the "Indian" consulate. If your home country is not India, then you need to look up the process for getting the police clearance certificate; it varies from country to country (e.g., for China, it has to come from China).
We also got our PCC's issued by Indian Embasy in 2005 but nothing was stamped on our passports.(they might have made some changes now). Make sure you apply in advance as they take about 2-3 months. Having PCC will not cause you any problems even if it is stamped on PP.

RV

Old 05-05-2008, 11:03 AM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vdixit is on a distinguished road

The embassy in SFO is very good. I got my PCC in 3 working days. On the other hand my husband had to get his PCC from India, since his passport was issued in India-his PCC took over 3 months. We tried to call the local police station and the passport office from here without any luck. We actually almost had to abandon our application due to lack of his PCC.

Another point- If your passport was issued from an embassy here, you will get your PCC from that same embassy. However if your passport was issued in India, you apply to the local embassy here and they send your request to the local authorities in India.
I have had no trouble with the PCC stamp. I have travelled to India and back since getting the PCC.
Hope this helps.

advertisement

Old 05-05-2008, 11:49 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/12/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare

Quote:
Hi,

Regards,
They issue you pcc as a separate document ( 1 page ) which goes with your Canadian filing - Also , they 'll put a stamp on your passport that a PCC was issued to you on a/b/c date for Canadian immigration purpose. The process works well only if your passport was issued here in the US. There is a different procedure if it was issued at India

Last edited by rick_rajvanshi; 05-05-2008 at 11:51 AM.

Old 05-05-2008, 02:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Compare
americandesi has a brilliant future americandesi has a brilliant future americandesi has a brilliant future americandesi has a brilliant future americandesi has a brilliant future americandesi has a brilliant future americandesi has a brilliant future americandesi has a brilliant future americandesi has a brilliant future americandesi has a brilliant future americandesi has a brilliant future

Quote:
The process works well only if your passport was issued here in the US. There is a different procedure if it was issued at India

Can you backup your claim? My passport was issued in India and I got my PCC from the Indian embassy in SFO within 3 weeks.

Old 05-05-2008, 03:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/12/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by americandesi View Post
Can you backup your claim? My passport was issued in India and I got my PCC from the Indian embassy in SFO within 3 weeks.

3 weeks for one who has passport issued in India
you get it same day if you have passport issued at CGISFO and apply personally
3-5 days if you you apply by post at CGI-SFO

I am not saying that you cannot get PCC at CGSFO if your passport was issued in India, its just a different procedure.

This is from the web site

* What is the procedure to apply for PCC if your passport was issued fromSan Francisco ?
* How much time will this service take (applicable to only those cases where passport was issued from San Francisco)?
* What is the procedure to apply for PCC if your passport was issued from any other Passport office/ Indian Mission?
* How much time will this service take (in cases where the passport was issued from any other Passport Issuing Authority except San Francisco)?

What is the procedure to apply for PCC if your passport was issued fromSan Francisco ?

i) Miscellaneous services form

ii) One Photograph (preferably in colour, front facing, 2" X 2" )

iii) Original passport

iv) Fees of $ 20

v) A SELF ADDRESSED STAMPED USPS EXPRESS MAIL ENVELOPE WITH APPROPRIATE STAMP SHOULD BE SENT FOR RETURNING PASSPORT/DOCUMENT FOR EACH APPLICANT.

BACK TO PCC SECTION

How much time will this service take (applicable to only those cases where passport was issued from San Francisco)?

i) If you apply at the counter in the Consulate, same day or latest by the next day.

ii) If applied through mail, 5-7 working days, excluding time taken in mail.

What is the procedure to apply for PCC if passport was issued from any other Passport office/ Indian Mission?

i) Miscellaneous services form

ii) One Photograph (preferably in colour, front facing, 2" X 2" )

iii) Since it takes 30-35 days for the issue of PCC, you must submit the photocopy of the passport at the time of applying and present the original at the time of issue of the PCC as it will have to be stamped.

iv) Personal particulars Proforma with 3 copies and 3 photographs

v) Fees of $ 40

vi) A SELF ADDRESSED STAMPED USPS EXPRESS MAIL ENVELOPE WITH APPROPRIATE STAMP SHOULD BE SENT FOR RETURNING PASSPORT/DOCUMENT FOR EACH APPLICANT.

Old 05-05-2008, 05:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
rameshvaid has a reputation beyond repute rameshvaid has a reputation beyond repute rameshvaid has a reputation beyond repute rameshvaid has a reputation beyond repute rameshvaid has a reputation beyond repute rameshvaid has a reputation beyond repute rameshvaid has a reputation beyond repute rameshvaid has a reputation beyond repute rameshvaid has a reputation beyond repute rameshvaid has a reputation beyond repute rameshvaid has a reputation beyond repute
Default PCC for Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by americandesi View Post
My PP was also issued from India, but got PCC from NY. It took little longer than expected (close to 4 months)

RV

Old 03-12-2010, 07:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
canada is on a distinguished road
Default What I need to do get my PCC in USA ??????

Just I got my File number for FSW and I'm in the process of collecting all documents, but there is an issue about my PCC. I'am living in USA since four years and just my H1B in the status of extention, I didn't receive I-797A so far, Indian Embassy asking valid visa status, please help me how to get PCC now.

But, these are condition from CGI and my response below, Please help me:

Completed "Misc. Services" application form and passport size photo affixed in the box.
Applicant's valid passport and a photocopy of pages containing personal particulars (first three and last two pages).
A copy (Notarized) of valid visa/Green Card and proof of address.
Fee $ 20/-.
Additional amount of $ 20/- to be added with the fee for return mail by express/Fedex/DHL.
If the passport was not issued by the Embassy/Consulate where the application is submitted, this service will be provided after obtaining confirmation/clearance from the original Passport Issuing Authority (PIA) and it may take upto six weeks.