Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Contact Media Latest Posts Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > Travel out of country and re-entry during/after 485 filing
Click to log in with Facebook
Travel out of country and re-entry during/after 485 filing Travel out of country and re-entry after 485 filing. Various options of travelling and issues that need to be taken care of while filing and after filing 485.

advertisement

Donation Goal
Goal amount for this month: 10000 USD, Received: 0 USD (0%)
Donate Now
Please contribute to Immigration Voice.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2010, 04:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
collkaverill is on a distinguished road

For everyone's info, I got my AP approved, which I showed at Deferred Inspection. They gave a new I-94 and it was all set. Nevertheless, my lawyers still said this could affect my I-485 application and it could still be in jeopardy when it's review happens. Apparently there is no end to this misery
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 03-07-2012, 05:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
waitingwaiting is on a distinguished road
Default Reply to collkaverill

collkaverill - What is your status now?

I just wanted to share with you that my husband was in a very SIMILAR SITUATION as yours. He did not know that he should have applied for a new 485, so he just applied for a new AP and EAD. Once his PD became current last year in July, we got a denial for his 485 and USCIS stated that it was denied due to abandonment.

I highly recommend that you should check with your attorney and do your own research as well.

My husband had to re-apply his 485 in July 2011 and we are still waiting on the decision.

Notes:
* EB2 - PD: July 2006
* Traveled out of country by mistake on expired AP in Nov 2009
* Denied entry upon arrival with expired AP
* Got a new h1 (3 months) in vancouver BC and got it stamped, and then re-entered to US in Jan 2010
* Upon arrival in US, applied and received new AP and EAD
* June 2011> PD became current
* July 2011> 485 denied (due to abandonment)
* July 2011, applied a new 485 (maintaining the same PD of 2006)
* Nov 2011 > Received approved new EAD and AP
* As of March 2012, still waiting on decision

Old 04-24-2012, 07:50 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
john05 is on a distinguished road

Now my questions are:
1) Is my 485 abandonment a "done deal"? or will it depend on what happens at deferred inspection?
2) What are the odds that I will get a new Advance Parole? (maybe related to 1)
3) To get H1-B, I need to get my petition approved, and then I need to step out of the country to get the visa stamp. If I am able to do this before "deferred inspection", I may have to surrender the I-94 that I got with deferred-inspection stamp on it. The officer asked me to bring that I-94 for the inspection. So how do I preserve it when stepping out?
4) If I am unable to get my approval and/or h1-b stamp by the inspection data, what will happen?
5) I am Indian national with EB3 priority date in Jan 2003. It's not current now. So can't really file for another 485/EAD/AP right away. Say if my 485 is abandoned, can I restart the whole process in EB2 and carry over my old priority date? Then I will be current and I may be able to file for another 485 within 6 months (adhering to 180 day rule).