Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Contact Media Latest Posts Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > Work/Travel options after 485 : H1 Versus EAD/AP
Click to log in with Facebook
Work/Travel options after 485 : H1 Versus EAD/AP Work/Travel options after 485 : H1 Versus EAD/AP. Comparison between keeping H1 versus forfeiting H1 and using EAD/AP after 485 filing.

advertisement

Donation Goal
Goal amount for this month: 10000 USD, Received: 0 USD (0%)
Donate Now
Please contribute to Immigration Voice.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2012, 12:39 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
itkris is on a distinguished road
Default the new EAD/AP and new H1B through OFC

I am the primary applicant and I have the new combo card. I havent "activated" it yet - both my wife and I are also on H1. Hwoever, we're going to be in India for a month and are wondering what the best option is -
- do we get our H1 stamped again. if so, I believe I will be eligible for the new drop box method since I havent changed my employer. my wife on the other hand, has changer her employer and it has been OVER 12 months since her last valid visa. My question #1 is - is she ineligible for the drop box method?
- can we use our EAD to come in? what documents do we need? what do we need to carry with us that will be required in the re-entry process? when coming in through JFK, do we come in via the non immigrant line? any other thoughts/comments on how to handle reentry?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 12-10-2012, 01:08 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/18/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2007
Compare
bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute

You should be able to use AP to come in and continue to use H1 for your Employment (if you want to.)