Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Contact Media Latest Posts Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Visa Bulletin, status tracker, processing times
Click to log in with Facebook
Visa Bulletin, status tracker, processing times Receipt tracker, status tracker, processing times.

advertisement
 

Donation Goal
Goal amount for this month: 10000 USD, Received: 0 USD (0%)
Donate Now
Please contribute to Immigration Voice.

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 05-06-2009, 03:25 AM
RDB RDB is offline
Member
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/30/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/19/2007
Compare
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 90
RDB is a name known to all RDB is a name known to all RDB is a name known to all RDB is a name known to all RDB is a name known to all RDB is a name known to all
Default Case Transfer to Local USCIS office

Folks,

I received a Transfer notice today for both me and my wife suggesting that our I-485 petitions have been transferred to the local USCIS office. Below is the exact message.

Current Status: This case has been sent to another office for processing because it has jurisdiction over the case.

On April 30, 2009, we transferred this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS to our LOS ANGELES, CA location for processing because they now have jurisdiction over the case. We sent you a notice of this transfer. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case has been sent to our LOS ANGELES, CA location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.



From what I could find through browsing through various forums is that usually one ends up getting an interview when this happens. Does anybody have any other thoughts? or has anybody received a similar notice recently?
Bookmark and Share Compare


  #2 (permalink)  
Old 05-06-2009, 03:55 AM
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 5
dotsndots is a splendid one to behold dotsndots is a splendid one to behold dotsndots is a splendid one to behold dotsndots is a splendid one to behold dotsndots is a splendid one to behold dotsndots is a splendid one to behold
Wink Prepare for interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDB View Post
Folks,

I received a Transfer notice today for both me and my wife suggesting that our I-485 petitions have been transferred to the local USCIS office. Below is the exact message.

Current Status: This case has been sent to another office for processing because it has jurisdiction over the case.

On April 30, 2009, we transferred this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS to our LOS ANGELES, CA location for processing because they now have jurisdiction over the case. We sent you a notice of this transfer. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case has been sent to our LOS ANGELES, CA location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.



From what I could find through browsing through various forums is that usually one ends up getting an interview when this happens. Does anybody have any other thoughts? or has anybody received a similar notice recently?
Just get ready for an in person interview at local office.
Bookmark and Share Compare


  #3 (permalink)  
Old 05-06-2009, 04:05 AM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/29/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 181
piyu7444 is a splendid one to behold piyu7444 is a splendid one to behold piyu7444 is a splendid one to behold piyu7444 is a splendid one to behold piyu7444 is a splendid one to behold piyu7444 is a splendid one to behold
Smile Check out.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDB View Post
Folks,

I received a Transfer notice today for both me and my wife suggesting that our I-485 petitions have been transferred to the local USCIS office. Below is the exact message.

Current Status: This case has been sent to another office for processing because it has jurisdiction over the case.

On April 30, 2009, we transferred this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS to our LOS ANGELES, CA location for processing because they now have jurisdiction over the case. We sent you a notice of this transfer. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case has been sent to our LOS ANGELES, CA location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.



From what I could find through browsing through various forums is that usually one ends up getting an interview when this happens. Does anybody have any other thoughts? or has anybody received a similar notice recently?
To get an answer just visit this thread

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...084#post339084
__________________
"Nearly everything you do is of no importance, but it is important that you do it."
Bookmark and Share Compare


  #4 (permalink)  
Old 05-06-2009, 01:01 PM
RDB RDB is offline
Member
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/30/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/19/2007
Compare
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 90
RDB is a name known to all RDB is a name known to all RDB is a name known to all RDB is a name known to all RDB is a name known to all RDB is a name known to all
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by piyu7444 View Post
To get an answer just visit this thread

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...084#post339084
Thanks for the link. Looks like I will have to get ready for an interview!!!!
Bookmark and Share Compare


  #5 (permalink)  
Old 05-12-2009, 05:47 PM
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 9
gcinterview is on a distinguished road
Default Fingerprint notice after 485 transfer to local office

I'm a new member on this forum and my case got transferred to MOUNT LAUREL, NJ office.

History:
My 485 was filed in NSC in July'2007.
I have 2 I-140 petitions, and dates are current(Eb2 India).
Code 3 FP done in Dec'2007 and Name check and FBI background checks cleared.
Case got transferred from NSC to local office in April'2009
After about 8 days of transfer to the local office I received Code 1 Finger print notices.

What does that mean? Any one had similar experiences?

Here is the message I got last month.

We transferred this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS to our MOUNT LAUREL, NJ location for processing because they now have jurisdiction over the case. We sent you a notice of this transfer. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case has been sent to our, MOUNT LAUREL, NJ location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RDB View Post
Thanks for the link. Looks like I will have to get ready for an interview!!!!
Bookmark and Share Compare


  #6 (permalink)  
Old 06-11-2009, 05:45 PM
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 9
gcinterview is on a distinguished road
Default completed interview.

I completed my interview in mount laurel, NJ. Went well, in the end, was told no visa numbers available took my I94 from passport. Sigh!!! numbers were available until last month(:-(). Any way was given a letter stating case would be held in abeyance until priority date becomes current. They are advising me not to travel until you get the green card, they say it would be finalized soon. Any one in similar situation?


Quote:
Originally Posted by gcinterview View Post
I'm a new member on this forum and my case got transferred to MOUNT LAUREL, NJ office.

History:
My 485 was filed in NSC in July'2007.
I have 2 I-140 petitions, and dates are current(Eb2 India).
Code 3 FP done in Dec'2007 and Name check and FBI background checks cleared.
Case got transferred from NSC to local office in April'2009
After about 8 days of transfer to the local office I received Code 1 Finger print notices.

What does that mean? Any one had similar experiences?

Here is the message I got last month.

We transferred this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS to our MOUNT LAUREL, NJ location for processing because they now have jurisdiction over the case. We sent you a notice of this transfer. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case has been sent to our, MOUNT LAUREL, NJ location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Last edited by gcinterview; 06-11-2009 at 05:47 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare


  #7 (permalink)  
Old 08-03-2009, 03:38 PM
RDB RDB is offline
Member
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/30/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/19/2007
Compare
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 90
RDB is a name known to all RDB is a name known to all RDB is a name known to all RDB is a name known to all RDB is a name known to all RDB is a name known to all
Default

Alright - my wife and I completed the Interview today and they asked for proof of relationship (joint assets, tax returns etc.), current employment letter and Birth Certificates. After that the officer told me that he has approved the case in the system, however, as my PD is not current they can't give me the actual card.

He also mentioned that this is the last ritual in the process and once the dates become current, all they need to do is to order the card production!

I did ask him why we were called for interview when the dates are not current and he said that the best way to process the applications received during the deluge of July 2007 is this way - he was kind of mad at DOS for doing that!

So, I guess I just have to wait for the Dates to become current - which might take another 5-10 years


Quote:
Originally Posted by RDB View Post
Thanks for the link. Looks like I will have to get ready for an interview!!!!
Bookmark and Share Compare


Closed Thread

Bookmarks

advertisement
 

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
what does standard processing in USCIS local office mean paritp Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins 7 07-28-2011 07:47 PM
Expediate AP through local InfoPass USCIS office yogi_naik Receipt tracker of 485, EAD and AP applications 2 01-29-2011 12:46 AM
I 485 - EB 2 Dec 2003 – Improper transfer to other local office rvendra Analysis Discussion 5 10-30-2009 01:32 PM
AP-Given on plain paper w/h USCIS stamp at local office IV2007 Travel out of country and re-entry during/after 485 filing 1 09-18-2009 06:34 PM
I485/AOS interview at the local uscis office fatjoe All other Green Card Issues 4 03-18-2009 10:44 AM


advertisement

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c)ImmigrationVoice.org