Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Contact Media Latest Posts Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > 140 stage > Ability to pay issues and other 140 RFEs etc.
Click to log in with Facebook
Ability to pay issues and other 140 RFEs etc. All discussions about Ability to pay issues and other 140 RFEs etc.

advertisement

Donation Goal
Goal amount for this month: 10000 USD, Received: 0 USD (0%)
Donate Now
Please contribute to Immigration Voice.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2013, 01:37 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sachinl is on a distinguished road
Default 140 revoked, out of country

Hello,

I am eligible for AC-21 as my 485 was filed in 2007. I moved out of the country and started working for the same company offshore. In the mean time my EAD and AP were intact. My AP expires Dec 2013 while EAD is valid until 2014. Now my company is revoking the original 140 as they don't think i will return to them on the same Job description as i've moved up the ladder.

I don't think they will have a job for me anyway back in the US and i was looking outside hoping to use AC-21. Now since i am out of the country and the 140 may be revoked as early as next week, what choices do i have. I may get a new Job within 2-3 weeks but if i try to enter the US will there be a problem based on the 140 revocation or the offer letter of the new company will be good enough.

Thanks a lot in advance for any advice or guidance.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 10-26-2013, 10:04 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/06/2012
Compare
krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute

Since you filed AOS they will not ask for employment proof when entering. The rule is, you need to have a job offer. Once 140 is revoked, CIS will normally send you a RFE or NOID and if you donot send a new job offer, they will deny your 485 along with AP and EAD.

You have some time but I suggest return to US ASAP and find a job. You should plan to return in next 1 to 2 week. They will not ask for a employment letter at PoE.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-26-2013, 10:36 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sachinl is on a distinguished road

Thanks much for your response. Couple of follow-up questions

1. How soon after the 140 withdrawl should i expect to get an NOID?
2. 140 would most likely be withdrawn before i can travel. At the time of entry they might see that the 140 has been withdrawn, in such a case wouldn't the POE ask on what basis i am trying to enter the States without a new offer in hand? I am expecting to close on a offer in the next 2-3 weeks.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 10-26-2013, 11:02 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/06/2012
Compare
krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute

No one knows when they will issue RFE but probably within a few weeks. At Poe , they will not question your 140 revoke IF your 485 is still intact. I suggest early travel because if your 485 is denied without a RFE or NOID ,which is unlikely but possible, you will be in problem.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-26-2013, 11:31 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
: