Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Contact Media Latest Posts Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > Action Items for everyone
Click to log in with Facebook
Action Items for everyone Webfaxes, phone campaigns and other directives from core group.

advertisement

Donation Goal
Goal amount for this month: 10000 USD, Received: 0 USD (0%)
Donate Now
Please contribute to Immigration Voice.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2010, 09:09 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute
Default IV announcement: Advocacy Days in Washington DC: 7th & 8th June

Immigration Voice Advocacy Days in Washington DC: 7th & 8th June, Announcement:2010

With the continued success of the high skilled community to create more awareness for Employment Based green card backlogs, Immigration Voice will hold Advocacy Days, Press Conference and Congressional Reception in Washington DC on 7th June & 8th June.
Every member must participate in these Advocacy Days events in DC. Congress will be back from Memorial Day recess in early June and there will be a fresh look at the Comprehensive Immigration Reform, which includes high-skills immigration.

After having favorable consequences from our past effort, it is now time to have a bigger event in the front-yard of Congress in Washington DC, so that the long ignored issue of visa backlogs (retrogression) is addressed. This event will be hugely consequential as it will help our issues get much more coverage in the media and much more attention of Congress because of 2 reasons: It will be a really big crowd and secondly, it will be in Washington DC. Immigration Voice will arrange for meetings, advocacy material, and other logistics necessary for all the events during the Advocacy Days. All you have to do is show up.

Please plan to take two day off on 7th & 8th June to attend these events. If you do not live within the driving distance of DC, then there is ample time for you to book travel by air or by train ahead of time. 7th & 8th June is Monday & Tuesday, and if you book your travel and accommodation ahead of time (and there is plenty of time still) then you can participate with minimal expense.

Immigration Voice wants to do something as consequential as the flower campaign and the San Jose rally but only this time, it will be much bigger and much more consequential aimed at Congressional action on immigration reform to address visa backlogs and broken system of high-skills immigration. We aim to resolve this issue but we cannot do it alone and therefore it is imperative for everyone, and by that we mean EVERY ONE to show up. If you wanted to be a part of the past events but couldn’t, then now is your chance to make your voices heard and fight for a fair system and just process.

Always remember, we are in United States at the invitation of our employers and our employers have filed our green card petitions in order to retain us. It is only fair and only just to ask for a system that achieves that objective without delays and without putting the immigrants in probationary limbo for 6-12 years. And it is your obligation to yourself and your family to stand up for your rights and ask congress to legislate and fix the system so that it works the way it was originally intended to work. Just ask a participant of September-2007 DC rally how proud and how satisfied everyone was after the rally – not just due to impact – but just because they have stood up and spoken up for their issue.

In the two days, we plan on having over 400 meetings with the Administration (for both Admin and Legislative fixes), Office of Senators and Representatives.

As we are beginning to take appointments on your behalf but we need your confirmation before we setup Advocacy day meetings for you. Please fill in the online form (in less than 1 minute) to let us know about your plans. We will need this basic information to setup your meetings with the lawmakers.

---------------------------------------------
Link to fill in the online form: ImmigrationVoice.org - Advocacy Days - 7th & 8th June, 2010
----------------------------------------------

As one would imagine it is extremely demanding project to setup, coordinate, plan and execute 400 meetings for members coming from all 50 States. It will very much help us if you could please let us know about your plans to attend the Advocacy Days in DC, sooner rather than later.

Please stay tuned for more updates about other updates. In the meantime, please plan to travel with friends and family and let your friends know about this event. If you plan to carpool with local IV members, or book travel or hotel reservation in groups for group discount, please go here : Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc. - Immigration Voice

Please take a look at the videos of some proud IV members who participated in events organized by IV like DC Rally, flower campaign and the San Jose rally.

Link to videos:
YouTube - immigration voice

See you in DC on 7th and 8th June!

Team Immigration Voice

Last edited by pappu; 05-07-2010 at 01:15 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:10 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Frequently Asked Questions/Notes:

- Arrival and Departure details for the advocacy days:
Sunday June 6th, Training will start from 10:30 am at Hyatt Regency near Capitol Hill. (http://washingtonregency.hyatt.com/h...2-000060fa8023)
Monday June 7th, meeting with the legislative offices
Tuesday June 8th, Press conference in the morning; meeting with legislative offices and a congressional reception that will run to around 10/11 pm. So please book your flights back home on red eye flights Tuesday night or early morning flights on Wednesday.

- Dress Code: Business Formals for lawmaker meetings and Congressional reception.

- We encourage members to purchase IV merchandise at Immigration Voice : Immigration Voice Merchandise. IV gets a small commission from the sales.

- Deals for hotels and Airline tickets: Immigration Voice : Immigration Voice Merchandise IV gets a small percentage if you book via the links on this page.

- Please contribute generously for this event. ImmigrationVoice.org - Questions on Contributions?

- A situation room will be set up walking distance to all lawmaker offices. This would help us coordination of this event. We will be posting the information soon.

===========================
FAQs for Dc advocacy days

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/fo...ml#post1961366

Last edited by pappu; 05-31-2010 at 11:09 AM. Reason: added info

Old 05-06-2010, 09:11 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
Default Some old memories of 2007

2007 DC Rally Blog

Immigration Voice rally in DC - Live updates

----------

Full Page color ad in Roll Call
http://immigrationvoice.org/media/fo.../rollcal3a.pdf

Last edited by pappu; 05-10-2010 at 10:52 AM.

Old 05-06-2010, 09:57 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
regacct has a brilliant future regacct has a brilliant future regacct has a brilliant future regacct has a brilliant future regacct has a brilliant future regacct has a brilliant future regacct has a brilliant future regacct has a brilliant future regacct has a brilliant future regacct has a brilliant future regacct has a brilliant future

This is awesome! Very well put pappu...
I couldn't attend the 2007 event, but this time around I will definitely be there. Signed up through the form.

Loved the youtube videos!

Old 05-06-2010, 12:07 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/08/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/29/2007
Compare
redds777 has a reputation beyond repute redds777 has a reputation beyond repute redds777 has a reputation beyond repute redds777 has a reputation beyond repute redds777 has a reputation beyond repute redds777 has a reputation beyond repute redds777 has a reputation beyond repute redds777 has a reputation beyond repute redds777 has a reputation beyond repute redds777 has a reputation beyond repute redds777 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mee too

I have fileld in the form and lookforward to see a lot of skilled guys there . If yo have not yet signed in , please sign in . lets make this drive a success.

Thanks Pappu and IV

Last edited by pappu; 05-07-2010 at 10:22 AM.

advertisement

Old 05-06-2010, 12:11 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute

+1
Count me in for volunteer work too. I will help out in any and every way I can.
Thanks IV!

Old 05-06-2010, 01:30 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare
ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute

gr8... i've signed up & will attend for sure on both the days..... i did not attend earlier such events of iv.... i've a question.... i'll fly in.... when will be the meetings.... when should i reach washington..... i've to ask my boss for time off.... so pls let me know....

y've u posted this on donor forum.... others will not know that iv is doing these events.... is there a reason for this.....

Old 05-06-2010, 02:49 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/14/2007
Compare
vedicman has a reputation beyond repute vedicman has a reputation beyond repute vedicman has a reputation beyond repute vedicman has a reputation beyond repute vedicman has a reputation beyond repute vedicman has a reputation beyond repute vedicman has a reputation beyond repute vedicman has a reputation beyond repute vedicman has a reputation beyond repute vedicman has a reputation beyond repute vedicman has a reputation beyond repute

I am in too. Filled out the form and volunteered for logistical support + contribution.

Old 05-06-2010, 05:12 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/12/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/12/2006
Compare
nc14 is on a distinguished road
Default Cincinnati, Dayton or Indi folks who want to plan together

Anyone from Cincinnati, Dayton, Indianapolis area who wants to plan the trip together. Flights from Dayton to BWI is for $157 roundtrip.
Proud to be an IVian.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:48 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/14/2007
Compare
vedicman has a reputation beyond repute vedicman has a reputation beyond repute vedicman has a reputation beyond repute vedicman has a reputation beyond repute vedicman has a reputation beyond repute vedicman has a reputation beyond repute vedicman has a reputation beyond repute vedicman has a reputation beyond repute vedicman has a reputation beyond repute vedicman has a reputation beyond repute vedicman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nc14 View Post
Anyone from Cincinnati, Dayton, Indianapolis area who wants to plan the trip together. Flights from Dayton to BWI is for $157 roundtrip.
Love the spirit of this post. Done some research and giving info, pushing us to do more than say yes - awesome, will start checking out details.

It would also be good, if we can have members posting in what way they can help out for the advocacy days - in this thread (not just in the form) - this way, many of us will be motivated and try out different options!

advertisement

Old 05-07-2010, 10:42 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/25/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Go iv

Count me in. Did attend the 2007 rally.

Any one from Philly area for a car pool?

Old 05-07-2010, 11:29 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/07/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
Edison99 has a reputation beyond repute Edison99 has a reputation beyond repute Edison99 has a reputation beyond repute Edison99 has a reputation beyond repute Edison99 has a reputation beyond repute Edison99 has a reputation beyond repute Edison99 has a reputation beyond repute Edison99 has a reputation beyond repute Edison99 has a reputation beyond repute Edison99 has a reputation beyond repute Edison99 has a reputation beyond repute

Great effort Pappu!

Old 05-07-2010, 11:32 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
India_USA is a splendid one to behold India_USA is a splendid one to behold India_USA is a splendid one to behold India_USA is a splendid one to behold India_USA is a splendid one to behold India_USA is a splendid one to behold India_USA is a splendid one to behold India_USA is a splendid one to behold

Will be joining in this year! Will contact my state chapter leader for further coordination.

Thanks Pappu

Old 05-07-2010, 01:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gc?? is infamous around these parts gc?? is infamous around these parts gc?? is infamous around these parts gc?? is infamous around these parts

Just bought a T-shirt and donated for the event.
Will definitely be there on the lobby days!

Old 05-07-2010, 01:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
narendra_modi is infamous around these parts narendra_modi is infamous around these parts narendra_modi is infamous around these parts narendra_modi is infamous around these parts narendra_modi is infamous around these parts narendra_modi is infamous around these parts narendra_modi is infamous around these parts narendra_modi is infamous around these parts narendra_modi is infamous around these parts narendra_modi is infamous around these parts

would be more than happy to participate in such an effort. I will be driving upto MD and will be there by train alongwith friends..go IV go..

Closed Thread