Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Contact Media Latest Posts Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > Action Items for everyone
Click to log in with Facebook
Action Items for everyone Webfaxes, phone campaigns and other directives from core group.

advertisement

Donation Goal
Goal amount for this month: 10000 USD, Received: 0 USD (0%)
Donate Now
Please contribute to Immigration Voice.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2011, 06:27 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Action item: HR 3012: April 2012

In order to get the H.R. 3012 bill moving in the Senate, we need all of you, EVERY ONE of you to perform the following action items. We have to continue the momentum of these action items to help the overall effort.

Please keep this thread for viewing action items and participate in each action item. Do not post in this thread. To post your participation and comments, please refer to this page.

Quote:
ACTION ITEM # 1 When: Immediate/Now

1. Spread the word about this bill and get more people to take part in action items 2 to 5 . Use all means of communication available to you (social media, blogs, word of mouth, etc) to create more awareness and get more supporters for the bill. We would like to multiply the grassroots support for this bill.

FLYERS created by IV members are listed below. You them.Post flyers: - Grocery stores, Restaurants, Temples, Employer Bulletin Boards

Flier#1 Flier#2 Flier#3 Flier#4
Quote:
ACTION ITEM # 2 When: Immediate/Now

2. Support the advocacy efforts for this bill by contributing to IV.

To put in more resources in advocacy and ensure success of H.R. 3012, your support is very important.

Contribute to Immigration Voice.

Quote:
ACTION ITEM # 3 Send Letter/Message to your Senator When: Immediate/Now

3. Send emails to Senators asking them to support H.R. 3012. Using our software and our website, you can send an email message to both your Senators with very few mouse-clicks. Click here to do this action item. Do this ESPECIALLY if you live in Iowa.
You do not need to email your Senators if you already got a response from them. If not, it is ok to send the letters multiple times but please use your judgement and do not spam.
Quote:
ACTION ITEM # 4 Sign an online petition

4. Sign online petition to support H.R. 3012. Click here to sign this online petition.
Quote:
ACTION ITEM # 5. Like HR 3012 on Facebook

5. Like the bill HR 3012 and Immigration Voice pages on Facebook; HR3012 : Click here; ImmigrationVoice: Click here , login into your Facebook and hit the Like buttons.
DO NOT email, send letters or other online messages (via twitter/facebook) to Senators outside your state. And when you communicate with your Senators make sure you mention you are a constituent.

We thank you for your participation for all of these action items. Please take these seriously and complete them soon without fail in order to ensure smooth passage of H.R. 3012 in Senate.

Thank You,

Team IV

Last edited by StarSun; 02-20-2012 at 01:41 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare

9 out of 9 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-18-2011, 02:05 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Flyers for All Chinese locations - updated with IV links

Attached below are Chinese flyers
Attached Files
File Type: doc Flier 1 Chinese.doc (34.5 KB, 154 views)
File Type: doc Flier 2 Chinese.doc (33.5 KB, 33 views)
File Type: doc Flier 3 Chinese.doc (36.5 KB, 22 views)
File Type: doc Flier 4 Chinese.doc (34.0 KB, 28 views)
Proud contributor, active in all Action Items

Last edited by neelu8; 12-18-2011 at 09:57 PM.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-18-2011, 01:48 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Everyone,
The bill is in a good place.everything takes time and one should not expect the bill to pass overnight or get depressed by hearing daily news or updates. Advocacy is a long process and we have come very far and are well positioned.
Do not pay much attention to all misinformation and confusion on forums. Keep the focus. Updates on other websites are also posted by people who are not in the thick of things and are not experts in advocacy. So do not post those links around and spread more confusion. immigration voice as been leading this effort and we are glad that things are moving well due to everyones support. Without support from this community and hard work the bill could not have passed the House. There are two important action items we should be focussing on as immediate need. We need to spread the word and contribute for the next stage of the bill. If you have contributed for getting the bill passed in the house, it is time to help us pass the next step in the senate. We need lot of people and support to carry us through this step.

It is high time the unfair and discriminatory country limits are removed from the employment based visa system.

7 out of 7 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-20-2012, 01:42 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

Continue sending emails to your senators seeking their support on HR 3012. Spread the word among your friends and family to do the same, use FB to encourage people. Support Immigration Voice's efforts on HR 3012 by raising funds and donating.

The time for action is NOW. Your support is invaluable. Make your voices heard.

Urgent actions at
HR 3012 Update and Action item
202-386-6250
ivcoordinator@gmail.com
Money with active participation is far more powerful - please join your state chapters and meet with your lawmakers.

Old 02-22-2012, 12:38 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare

Bumping this thread. Please do not take this action item lightly even if you have to repeat everyday and you are not seeing any news updates. Lobbying work is on .
===================
Use the info in the post at your risk. None of this is legal advice.
-----------

Old 04-07-2012, 09:20 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare

/\/\/
bump
===================
Use the info in the post at your risk. None of this is legal advice.
-----------

Closed Thread