Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Contact Media Latest Posts Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Non Immigrant Visas : H1, L1, H4, L2, F1 etc > Out of status, employment gap and status revalidation
Click to log in with Facebook
Out of status, employment gap and status revalidation Gap in employment(paystubs) and the resulting problems during status transfer and green card filing.

advertisement

Donation Goal
Goal amount for this month: 10000 USD, Received: 0 USD (0%)
Donate Now
Please contribute to Immigration Voice.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2007, 11:59 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/10/2006
Chargeability
:
Canada
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
09/10/2006
Compare
RandyK has much to be proud of RandyK has much to be proud of RandyK has much to be proud of RandyK has much to be proud of RandyK has much to be proud of RandyK has much to be proud of RandyK has much to be proud of RandyK has much to be proud of
Default Help!!! I lost my I-94 card

I lost my I-94 card that was stapeled to my passport. I am on H1B.

What are my options? I am planning on going to Canada next week, can I get a new I-94 when I return?

Thanks
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-20-2007, 12:16 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/26/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
m306m has a reputation beyond repute m306m has a reputation beyond repute m306m has a reputation beyond repute m306m has a reputation beyond repute m306m has a reputation beyond repute m306m has a reputation beyond repute m306m has a reputation beyond repute m306m has a reputation beyond repute m306m has a reputation beyond repute m306m has a reputation beyond repute m306m has a reputation beyond repute
Default Apply for a replacement card

It is possible to the apply for a replacment I-94 card. I think the form is called the I-102. It takes approximately 3 months to get this replacement card.

As per law you have to submit the I-94 card to the ticketing agent/border agent when you are leaving the US. The number on the I-94 card is entered into a database. I know prior to Sep 11 if you lost your I-94 card and traveled out of the country and came back in they more often than not overlooked it and just gave you a new I-94 card on your arrival. I suspect that this process now has a lot more oversight. I would personally not risk travel without a replacement card.

Good Luck.

Old 09-20-2007, 12:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/04/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
kriskris is a jewel in the rough kriskris is a jewel in the rough kriskris is a jewel in the rough
Default You must file USCIS Form I-102

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyK View Post
I lost my I-94 card that was stapeled to my passport. I am on H1B.

What are my options? I am planning on going to Canada next week, can I get a new I-94 when I return?

Thanks
To replace a lost, stolen, or mutilated USCIS Form I-94 (Arrival-Departure Record), you must file USCIS Form I-102 (Application for Replacement/Initial Nonimmigrant Arrival - Departure Document). If the USCIS Form I-94 is mutilated, attach the original form. If the USCIS Form I-94 was lost or stolen, submit a copy of the original USCIS Form I-94. If you do not have a copy of your original USCIS Form I-94, submit a copy of the biographic/photo page from your passport and a copy of the passport page that was stamped by immigration inspectors when you entered the country. If you cannot submit any evidence of your legal admission to the United States, submit a full explanation and proof of your identity.
I don't know anything about leaving the country before getting a new one. You might have problems when you re-enter. Better contact a lawyer.

Old 09-20-2007, 01:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gdilla is on a distinguished road
Default Travel to Canada

You don't give up the I-94 on travel to Canada. So whatever visa you're on, bring the supporting docs that you used to get that I-94 in the first place upon your return, and just get a new one. But on your return (US Immigration is actually on Canadian soil if you go through an airport because all US-Canada flights are considered essentially domestic and not International), the officer might ask you whats up. Check with a lawyer of course.

Old 09-20-2007, 01:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/10/2006
Chargeability
:
Canada
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
09/10/2006
Compare
RandyK has much to be proud of RandyK has much to be proud of RandyK has much to be proud of RandyK has much to be proud of RandyK has much to be proud of RandyK has much to be proud of RandyK has much to be proud of RandyK has much to be proud of
Cool Thanks

d

Old 03-10-2008, 03:09 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sjefenole is on a distinguished road

Hi. I lost a lot of documents recently.
I lost my expired passport with Canadian immigration documents and my US B1/B2 with another 8 years left on it Visa as well as my I-94 card. I also lost my current passport. I am a Norwegian citizen living in Canada and am not in the VWP.
I did not surrender this when I left the US in early January. It is valid until early July.
Do I need to replace this when I'm not in the US?

Old 05-27-2008, 12:20 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2008
Compare
manoj6891 is on a distinguished road
Default lost passport and I-94 immigration form

Hi,

I am an Indian student and have come here at Georgia Institute os Technology for Summer Internship on 15th May,for a period of two & a half months.But unfortunately I lost my passport & I-94 immigration form before the paperworks with Georgia Tech.I have already applied for a fresh passport at the Indian consulate office at Houston and the consulate officer has assured me that the passport would arrive in about 20 days.I am staying here till 3rd August and my Visa is till 10th September,which means that I could stay a few more days if any need arises.

Can I apply for new I-94 form without having new passports, I mean to say that Can I use photocopy of my old passport for filling I-102 form for replacement of I-94 forms? OR I have to wait first for new passport and after it comes, then and only then I can apply for new I-94 form?
Because I am here only for 2 months and few days here Please tell what should I do in this situation and what are options for me?

Considering the situation at hand,what are the options that I have that would allow me to do my research work here.Looking forward to getting your guidance on this matter.

Thank You

Old 11-07-2011, 04:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
manoj8889 is on a distinguished road
Default regarding passport at houston embassy

hai manoj,

i too lost my passport and applied at houston embassy a week ago how many days do i need to wait for the passport and what about the i-94 form