Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Contact Media Latest Posts Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Non Immigrant Visas : H1, L1, H4, L2, F1 etc > Out of status, employment gap and status revalidation
Click to log in with Facebook
Out of status, employment gap and status revalidation Gap in employment(paystubs) and the resulting problems during status transfer and green card filing.

advertisement

Donation Goal
Goal amount for this month: 10000 USD, Received: 0 USD (0%)
Donate Now
Please contribute to Immigration Voice.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2008, 02:59 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
senthil1 is infamous around these parts senthil1 is infamous around these parts senthil1 is infamous around these parts senthil1 is infamous around these parts senthil1 is infamous around these parts senthil1 is infamous around these parts senthil1 is infamous around these parts

I doubt even exodus from USA to other countries will make any difference. Still so many people from India and China waiting to come to USA. Still job/business opportunities are best in USA compared to any other countries. Economy model is main reason. And also restriction and Cap in immigration numbers may have played a role in balancing demand and supply. If they open too much for immigration supply will increase and unemployment will go up. If there is too much restriction and too less immigration numbers then demand will increase and salaries will skyrocket especially economy is expanding. But past 5 years economy having slow to moderate growth no impact was seen due to immigration
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-21-2008, 03:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/15/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/09/2007
Compare
conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay View Post
As gc4me said it is true that there is no point in trying somewhere that gives you nothing. It is better to go back to our great country India and work there instead. Please note that it is not to offend anybody who is trying to get there but it is a honest opinion from my side.
Ajay, its an interesting thought. One shall migrate to an unknown territory in Canada or shall go back to his/her own great country. We all are trying to find an answer to this mighty question. Let me tell you an interesting story. During my 2004 India trip, I met one of my good friend's dad. My friend was still in India at that time working at an MNC at Pune. His dad is a guy who takes great pride to be an Indian. He belongs to a disciplined cadre of RSS. Don't get me wrong, his dad is an intellectual retired from IAS, and has equal respect from Jawaharlal Nehru to Shayama Prasad Mukharjee to MG Ramachandran.

It seems that in an innocent comparison between US and India, I ended up in hurting his feelings. Afterwards, It was inevitable for me to hear a long lecture on our core values, culture, and bright future prospects for the nation.

Now see the change in four years. My friend has shifted from Pune to US. Last week I talked to his dad on phone, and he was a different person. His assessment is that India is on the verge of a civil war. From Kashmeer to Kanyakumari, its difficult to find a single state which does not have any problem. Every week, angry mob is demonstrating and killing innocent people. Dera RamRaheem, Gurgar unrest etc are just a few to name. Its not safe to travel by road or trains. Lawlessness is a daily affair. Politicians are busy fighting and we all know the political drams that's going on in Sansad. All convicted MP's are voting to form the govt. Terrorist detonated a bus full of army personal's families in Kashmir, and not even a single official has condoled their death, because politicians are busy forming the next government at the center. Population has reached 150 corors. Inflation is beyond the control of governments. In Summer, people do not have water to drink, rest of the year poor people can not afford meal for two time a day. However, everyone wants to live a comfy life, and it does not matter how money is earned to arrange those comfort, so crime is rampant from big cities to small towns...

This is just a snapshot of what he conveyed. In a nutshell he was happy that now his only son is in USA. Hopefully this will save his family for the manslaughter that according to him is inevitable in future India.

I am still shocked to hear what he predicted. May be that's not the India I left in year 2000. I can only hope that what he conveyed is a nightmare of an old, retired person, who wants to live in his past, and does not like the present, and overly worried fr the safety of his family.

So Ajay, lets revisit the initial thought ... shall we migrate to an unknown territory in Canada or shall go back to our own great country.

BTW, this is just for thought provoking .. I don't intend to hurt anyone. ... Peace.

Last edited by conchshell; 07-21-2008 at 03:18 PM.

Old 07-21-2008, 03:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Nepal
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
nixone will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by conchshell View Post
I applied for a Canadian GC couple of years back. I must say that the process was smooth and I got my Canadian GC in 14 months.
How long ago did you apply and was it under PNP route or Federal Skilled Worker program? Did you have to take IELTS? Thanks.

Old 07-21-2008, 03:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/15/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/09/2007
Compare
conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future
Default details

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixone View Post
How long ago did you apply and was it under PNP route or Federal Skilled Worker program? Did you have to take IELTS? Thanks.
I applied in May 2003, and got it in August 2004. Landed in Canada in Dec 2004. I applied through Federal Skilled Worker program. I was not asked to take IELTS, but I took it anyways and submitted the results to CIC. Interview was waived.

Old 07-21-2008, 03:31 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/08/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/26/2007
Compare
VivekAhuja is infamous around these parts VivekAhuja is infamous around these parts VivekAhuja is infamous around these parts VivekAhuja is infamous around these parts VivekAhuja is infamous around these parts VivekAhuja is infamous around these parts VivekAhuja is infamous around these parts VivekAhuja is infamous around these parts VivekAhuja is infamous around these parts VivekAhuja is infamous around these parts
Default Bond?

The immigration benefit is provided by Alberta to satisfy their need for professionals in these fields. Obviously, they will have a clause to keep you in that province. Thats a given!

advertisement

Old 07-21-2008, 03:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Chiwere will become famous soon enough Chiwere will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by conchshell View Post
Now see the change in four years....
India and majority of the people have always muddled along, with some rising above and within the system - others without. However there appeared to be an opportunity to break out of this cycle which has been lost over the last four years and things have slid back. The R2I option is not as alluring as it was for a short period. Hence we continue to play this GC Russian roulette.

Old 07-21-2008, 04:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Bangladesh
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gc4me is a splendid one to behold gc4me is a splendid one to behold gc4me is a splendid one to behold gc4me is a splendid one to behold gc4me is a splendid one to behold gc4me is a splendid one to behold gc4me is a splendid one to behold gc4me is a splendid one to behold

What do you say about "us politicians tossing out our EB bills all the time"
That is not good politics either!

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertpinto View Post
Interesting ...maybe he is trying to justify that his son came to US ?
I think a person will have problems everywhere ..if it is blasts in India ..then u have gun culture in USA. ...Reservations in India and very high college costs in US and on and on. but I agree politicians are scums in India (Mayawati is being projected as a PM and that is worse than having Sonia as PM) ..US they are much better ...
if India is lucky things will be better after 50 years but will still have problems as it is surrounded by stupid neighbors (esp bangla and pak)...if it is unlucky then ??
GC Approved on 01/2/2009

Old 07-21-2008, 05:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sriramkalyan is a splendid one to behold sriramkalyan is a splendid one to behold sriramkalyan is a splendid one to behold sriramkalyan is a splendid one to behold sriramkalyan is a splendid one to behold sriramkalyan is a splendid one to behold sriramkalyan is a splendid one to behold
Default Temp workers in US & CANADA/AUSTRALIA

In US, H1B rules are clearly made so that Temporary workers remain enslaved to the sponsoring companies. Apart of that , tax H1B to max ..with no SSN benefits.

Canada & Australia have Fair policies interms of Temp workers.

I came to this country 9 years ago. I cannot turn the time back ..if possible i would go to Canadian University ( may be vancourer) or Australia.

Synonyms for inJustice:
Abuse, breach, crime, damage, dirty deal, discrimination, encroachment, favoritism, grievance, inequality, inequity, infraction, infringement, iniquity, malfeasance, malpractice, maltreatment, mischief, negligence, offense, one-sidedness, oppression, outrage, partiality, partisanship, prejudice, raw deal, rotten deal, ruin, sellout, transgression, trespass, unfairness, unjustness, unlawfulness, villainy, violation, wrongdoing

Old 07-21-2008, 05:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/08/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
sands_14 is a jewel in the rough sands_14 is a jewel in the rough sands_14 is a jewel in the rough
Default Upto you

It was just an advise.No need to get offended.
I saw the form which you have to fill and email.It asks for information from USCIS,thats why have a feeling it might cause a problem in "Intent to Immigrate",but yes you can always say this was backup,etc.Just be careful.Its not a total "NO,NO"

Do what you feel works best for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper673 View Post
What does sending an application for immigration to another country have to do with US GC application? Why would it jeopardize the GC application?

I understand that applying for a GC means you want to stay in this country, but what if your application got denied? Are you telling me you have to risk your future and family's future waiting to know if you'll be approved or denied and sit and do nothing?

Old 07-21-2008, 05:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/13/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Please stop lecturing - its enough

I see a trend dominant among (some) Indians at USA about how great India is etc. etc... sitting at USA. This is ridiculous - you have come here because things are definitely not great there at India - period.

Neither americans nor Indians at India are interested in this hollow lecture.

Thanks a lot !

advertisement

Old 07-21-2008, 06:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by diptam View Post
I see a trend dominant among (some) Indians at USA about how great India is etc. etc... sitting at USA. This is ridiculous - you have come here because things are definitely not great there at India - period.

Thanks a lot !
I think you rightly said.

Old 07-21-2008, 06:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramkalyan View Post
In US, H1B rules are clearly made so that Temporary workers remain enslaved to the sponsoring companies. Apart of that , tax H1B to max ..with no SSN benefits.

Canada & Australia have Fair policies interms of Temp workers.

I came to this country 9 years ago. I cannot turn the time back ..if possible i would go to Canadian University ( may be vancourer) or Australia.
BTW, US economy is in the range of 12-16 trillions, Canada is less than a trillion and Australia also less than a trillion.

You may find 100s of slavery in US seems to be better than mastery in Canada and Australia. How may Canadians pour into US?

Old 07-21-2008, 06:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Colombia
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ingegarcia is a jewel in the rough ingegarcia is a jewel in the rough ingegarcia is a jewel in the rough ingegarcia is a jewel in the rough

I agree wth you and I would make it extensible to other Countries

Quote:
Originally Posted by diptam View Post

Thanks a lot !

Old 07-21-2008, 06:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sriramkalyan is a splendid one to behold sriramkalyan is a splendid one to behold sriramkalyan is a splendid one to behold sriramkalyan is a splendid one to behold sriramkalyan is a splendid one to behold sriramkalyan is a splendid one to behold sriramkalyan is a splendid one to behold
Default Leader of free world

USA - Leader of freeworld - I think it is not.

It clearly put in policies which are extention of slavery they had before.

I prefer do any work according my free will.

Abraham Lincohn would not have appreciated US Skilled legal immigration policies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhundhun View Post
BTW, US economy is in the range of 12-16 trillions, Canada is less than a trillion and Australia also less than a trillion.

You may find 100s of slavery in US seems to be better than mastery in Canada and Australia. How may Canadians pour into US?

Synonyms for inJustice:
Abuse, breach, crime, damage, dirty deal, discrimination, encroachment, favoritism, grievance, inequality, inequity, infraction, infringement, iniquity, malfeasance, malpractice, maltreatment, mischief, negligence, offense, one-sidedness, oppression, outrage, partiality, partisanship, prejudice, raw deal, rotten deal, ruin, sellout, transgression, trespass, unfairness, unjustness, unlawfulness, villainy, violation, wrongdoing

Old 07-21-2008, 08:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/25/2007
Chargeability
:
Bangladesh
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/09/2007
Compare
hazishak is on a distinguished road
Default NOC code for programmer

What is the NOC code for computer programmer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramkalyan View Post
Check out the Canadian Job site :

www.workopolis.com ..

I see couple of IT jobs in Calgary ...