Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Contact Media Latest Posts Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Non Immigrant Visas : H1, L1, H4, L2, F1 etc > Out of status, employment gap and status revalidation
Click to log in with Facebook
Out of status, employment gap and status revalidation Gap in employment(paystubs) and the resulting problems during status transfer and green card filing.

advertisement

Donation Goal
Goal amount for this month: 10000 USD, Received: 0 USD (0%)
Donate Now
Please contribute to Immigration Voice.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2008, 08:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazishak View Post
What is the NOC code for computer programmer?
Relevent Codes:
021 Managers in Engineering, Architecture and Information Systems
0213 Computer and Information Systems Managers

2147 Computer Engineers (Except Software Engineers and Designers)
2171 Information Systems Analysts and Consultants
2173 Software Engineers and Designers
2174 Computer Programmers and Interactive Media Developers
2175 Web Designers and Developers

2281 Computer Network Technicians
7246 Telecommunications Installation and Repair Workers

Source: http://www.jobfutures.ca/noc/browse-...s-by-noc.shtml
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-21-2008, 08:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/03/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/03/2007
Compare
mayhemt has a reputation beyond repute mayhemt has a reputation beyond repute mayhemt has a reputation beyond repute mayhemt has a reputation beyond repute mayhemt has a reputation beyond repute mayhemt has a reputation beyond repute mayhemt has a reputation beyond repute mayhemt has a reputation beyond repute mayhemt has a reputation beyond repute mayhemt has a reputation beyond repute mayhemt has a reputation beyond repute
Default No L1??

Although this is a great step from Alberta/Canada, I was little disappointed to see that they don't require L1s. (Another discrimination between H1s & L1s).

I couldn't stop myself from emailing the Alberta Immigration the following...

Quote:
Dear Immigration Team,
I am very glad to know the pilot program of Strategic Recruitment Stream. However, the basic qualifications include holding a US H1B visa. I would like to bring to your kind attention that L1B is also a similar visa, which permits a foreign born national to work in the US.
Just like me, I am sure there are number of L1 Visa holders who will be missing out this great opportunity.

-Wishing to meet you all in Alberta (if this small change is permitted...)
If anyone needs, email is immigration.info@gov.ab.ca

Old 07-26-2008, 10:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vvenkat is on a distinguished road
Post Re: Canadian PR

In my opinion, getting the Alberta PR helps fast track to Canadian PR. Alberta economy will continue to boom because of the Alberta's oil sands read the CNN report on Alberta' Oil sands quotes "one third of the world's known oil deposits are buried in the dirt of Canada's Alberta province. The Oil Sands of Canada - as they are known - contain the largest known oil deposit in the world"

http://money.cnn.com/2008/07/10/news...ands_boomtown/

Canada Immigration systems works because they are able to get the 'high skilled workers' overflow from US who, due to antiquated immigration laws, are unable to get Green card after 'locked in' nearly a decade at the same job/ title/ pay scale environment. The laws are basically in favor of US employers who have access to a large talent pool of 'indentured' foreign workers from rest of the world (under H1B) without having to worry about hiring locals and thereby decreasing their profit margin.

A friend of mine applied for Canadian PR in 2001 (during the dot com bust) and received this paper work in 6 months since he had an employment offer from the Canadian company. After 3 years he received his Canadian citizenship and is now working back in the US on T visa (North American Free Trade Agreement visa) for the same Canadian company at managerial cadre. He received his American green card applied by the Canadian company under L2 visa within couple of years. As the saying goes, fortune favors the brave.

Old 07-30-2008, 10:31 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Bangladesh
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gc4me is a splendid one to behold gc4me is a splendid one to behold gc4me is a splendid one to behold gc4me is a splendid one to behold gc4me is a splendid one to behold gc4me is a splendid one to behold gc4me is a splendid one to behold gc4me is a splendid one to behold

More news for Alberta goers!
http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/americ....ap/index.html
GC Approved on 01/2/2009

Old 07-30-2008, 11:13 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Nepal
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
nixone will become famous soon enough

I tried to get some info on what paper to show to Alberta Immigration people during the PR process to show my job title, but I did not get any reply.

Let me put my question differently. My H1-B was approved under Operations Research Analyst, but I do not have any paper to prove that that was my job title and I cannot get hold of my lawyer as he moved to Australia (do not have his contact info). I checked with the company HR and they only have the H1B approval letter and my new 1-94. Those documents do not say what my title is.

Even though my title was Operations Research Analyst, the majority of work I am doing falls under Systems Analyst (more than 50% duties). Because I am doing Systems Analyst type of work, so the company manager is ready to give me a reference letter saying I work as a Systems Analyst. Is that going to cause any problem in the future as it does not match with my H1B title? Thanks.

advertisement

Old 07-30-2008, 01:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/25/2007
Chargeability
:
Bangladesh
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/09/2007
Compare
hazishak is on a distinguished road

I am looking at the following link. I could not find any of those code you provided below. I think the follwing source is for Alberta only. So no web developer or programmer is needed.

source: http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/en/workplaces...bouplist.shtml

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhundhun View Post
Relevent Codes:
021 Managers in Engineering, Architecture and Information Systems
0213 Computer and Information Systems Managers

2147 Computer Engineers (Except Software Engineers and Designers)
2171 Information Systems Analysts and Consultants
2173 Software Engineers and Designers
2174 Computer Programmers and Interactive Media Developers
2175 Web Designers and Developers

2281 Computer Network Technicians
7246 Telecommunications Installation and Repair Workers

Source: http://www.jobfutures.ca/noc/browse-...s-by-noc.shtml

Old 07-30-2008, 01:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/25/2007
Chargeability
:
Bangladesh
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/09/2007
Compare
hazishak is on a distinguished road
Default How long the whole process takes...

When they are talking about fast-track Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program they don't talk about the time line. Did they mention anywhere how long it takes to process such a case?

Old 07-31-2008, 01:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Bangladesh
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gc4me is a splendid one to behold gc4me is a splendid one to behold gc4me is a splendid one to behold gc4me is a splendid one to behold gc4me is a splendid one to behold gc4me is a splendid one to behold gc4me is a splendid one to behold gc4me is a splendid one to behold

You need to show them the LCA for your H1 approval. The LCA (for your H1 not your GC) has the Job Code. DOL website has the job description for each job code.

Also good news for Alberta goers. I found IT openings. Check this!
http://www.qsound.com/corporate/contact.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixone View Post
I tried to get some info on what paper to show to Alberta Immigration people during the PR process to show my job title, but I did not get any reply.

Let me put my question differently. My H1-B was approved under Operations Research Analyst, but I do not have any paper to prove that that was my job title and I cannot get hold of my lawyer as he moved to Australia (do not have his contact info). I checked with the company HR and they only have the H1B approval letter and my new 1-94. Those documents do not say what my title is.

Even though my title was Operations Research Analyst, the majority of work I am doing falls under Systems Analyst (more than 50% duties). Because I am doing Systems Analyst type of work, so the company manager is ready to give me a reference letter saying I work as a Systems Analyst. Is that going to cause any problem in the future as it does not match with my H1B title? Thanks.
GC Approved on 01/2/2009

Old 08-01-2008, 01:07 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Nepal
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc4me View Post
You need to show them the LCA for your H1 approval. The LCA (for your H1 not your GC) has the Job Code. DOL website has the job description for each job code.

Also good news for Alberta goers. I found IT openings. Check this!
http://www.qsound.com/corporate/contact.htm
Thanks for your reply. The problem is that I do not have any documents other than H1-B approval letter and I-94. I have the offer letter that was given to me before they applied my H1-B with job title Operations Research Analyst, but the majority of my work falls under Systems Analyst and my manager is ready to give me a reference letter saying so. But the one-page form specifically asks for the job title the H1-B was approved for. Systems Analyst is one of the occupations in high demand for Alberta, but not Operations Research Analyst.

Thanks for the link. That company has one opening, field application engineer, and you have to be fluent in English and Korean.

Old 08-01-2008, 02:08 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Russia
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
okuzmin is a jewel in the rough okuzmin is a jewel in the rough okuzmin is a jewel in the rough okuzmin is a jewel in the rough

After 8 years of fighting for a green card, I moved to Calgary in January 2008. This was one of the best decisions I've ever made in my life. It took me about 1.5 months to find the job I wanted, and now I work for a great company in downtown Calgary.

Sure, there are some issues you'll have to face here -- most of them are due to lack of people in the service industry (nurses, doctors, daycare providers, waiters, cooks, etc.). But the taxes in Alberta are lower than in BC, Ontario, or Quebec, and the salaries are about 30-50% higher. Real estate is rather expensive, but an average employed hi-tech professional will easily qualify for 300-400K mortgage.

Ah, yes, in Calgary I easily got a 10 year US visitor's visa, and I visit my friends from time to time.

Last edited by okuzmin; 08-01-2008 at 02:19 AM.

advertisement

Old 08-01-2008, 11:12 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Nepal
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

okuzmin,

Congratulations! Good to know that somebody is enjoying life in Calgary. Are you already a Canadian Permanent Resident or are you on Temporary Work Permit?

I am assume you are in IT industry. If you do not mind me asking, what to do you do? I have been applying for jobs in British Columbia, but no luck so far. I guess I need to start aplying for jobs in Alberta as well. Thanks.

Old 08-01-2008, 11:48 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/02/2007
Compare
mbawa2574 is a glorious beacon of light mbawa2574 is a glorious beacon of light mbawa2574 is a glorious beacon of light mbawa2574 is a glorious beacon of light mbawa2574 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Alberta certainly brings in a great incentive for US companies

If talent and better business conditions are available, why won't companies move there ? Why will their shareholders don't want to drive value ?
Making PR a fast track process for Alberta is an intelligent and strategic move.

US of A is screwed if they don't stop listening to people like Lou Dobbs (protectionist lobby) ? USA really needs to start wearing their Reagen capitalist hat. This country seriously needs Manufacturing and Hi-Tech jobs otherwise this place will be left to bunch of bankrupt credit unworthy consumers and who likes that ??? Increasing/fixing immigration system can help America to get back its standing in the Global Economy.

Old 08-01-2008, 12:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Compare
kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of

Just FYI,

This immigration program offered in Alberta is not available to Software Engineers. Apparently, it would seem a number of SEs have already moved there as they are not facing shortage of employment in that area.

Old 08-01-2008, 12:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sriramkalyan is a splendid one to behold sriramkalyan is a splendid one to behold sriramkalyan is a splendid one to behold sriramkalyan is a splendid one to behold sriramkalyan is a splendid one to behold sriramkalyan is a splendid one to behold sriramkalyan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisersose View Post
Just FYI,

This immigration program offered in Alberta is not available to Software Engineers. Apparently, it would seem a number of SEs have already moved there as they are not facing shortage of employment in that area.
I do not agree with it ..If Alberta did not want Software Engineers, they do not have to have this Special process for H1Bs in US. More that 90% H1Bs work on software engineers.

Synonyms for inJustice:
Abuse, breach, crime, damage, dirty deal, discrimination, encroachment, favoritism, grievance, inequality, inequity, infraction, infringement, iniquity, malfeasance, malpractice, maltreatment, mischief, negligence, offense, one-sidedness, oppression, outrage, partiality, partisanship, prejudice, raw deal, rotten deal, ruin, sellout, transgression, trespass, unfairness, unjustness, unlawfulness, villainy, violation, wrongdoing

Old 08-01-2008, 12:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Compare
kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramkalyan View Post
I do not agree with it ..
It is not for me or you to agree or disagree with their policies. They have an official list of acceptable job categories and Software engineer is explicitly barred. Here is the URL
http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/en/workplaces...bouplist.shtml

and here is the relevant job code,

2147 Computer Engineers (Except Software Engineers)

Quote:
If Alberta did not want Software Engineers, they do not have to have this Special process for H1Bs in US. More that 90% H1Bs work on software engineers.
The 90% is most likely why they banned software engineers.

Here is the link to the program
http://albertacanada.com/immigration/campaigns/h1b.html