Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Contact Media Latest Posts Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Non Immigrant Visas : H1, L1, H4, L2, F1 etc > Out of status, employment gap and status revalidation
Click to log in with Facebook
Out of status, employment gap and status revalidation Gap in employment(paystubs) and the resulting problems during status transfer and green card filing.

advertisement

Donation Goal
Goal amount for this month: 10000 USD, Received: 0 USD (0%)
Donate Now
Please contribute to Immigration Voice.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2008, 08:48 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
gautam25 will become famous soon enough
Default 221(g) Pink Slip..help..help..

I went for my visa stamping in april last week and was given a pink slip (221(g)).
The interviewer just asked me 2 questions, when did you come to India and how many years you have stayed in current company. This was my 8th year in H1B and 5th stamping.
They kept my passport. Its already 2 weeks now and I have not heard from them. I am in the same company for the last 10 years..

Any help/information will be appreciated...How many days I may have to wait...
I am desperate..Its not that I cannot stay in India but I will have to pay my rent (and may not even get US salary)....
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 05-09-2008, 08:56 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2008
Compare
kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautam25 View Post
I went for my visa stamping in april last week and was given a pink slip (221(g)).
The interviewer just asked me 2 questions, when did you come to India and how many years you have stayed in current company. This was my 8th year in H1B and 5th stamping.
They kept my passport. Its already 2 weeks now and I have not heard from them. I am in the same company for the last 10 years..

I am desperate..Its not that I cannot stay in India but I will have to pay my rent (and may not even get US salary)....
Dont worry, you will get your passport in 1-2 weeks. This is PIMS related. One more way of troubling people.

Old 06-20-2008, 06:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2007
Compare
calabor2001 is an unknown quantity at this point

Gautam - whats the status of your case now?

Quote:

I-140: 03.21.07
I-485: 6.12.07
FP Done: 7.17.07
LUD: 7.17.07; 7.18.07
EAD: 6.02.08
AP: 10.08
I-1485: Approved 6/2010.

Old 06-20-2008, 09:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

221g pink slip is additional administrative processing (AAP) - no one knows how long it takes to complete AAP- from my hearsay, it ranges from 2 weeks to 1.5 years. If you have AP use that to return to US

Old 06-20-2008, 10:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Compare
kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandmaker View Post
221g pink slip is additional administrative processing (AAP) - no one knows how long it takes to complete AAP- from my hearsay, it ranges from 2 weeks to 1.5 years. If you have AP use that to return to US
The OP says they have kept his passport. So his AP is useless until he gets his passport back.

Old 06-21-2008, 12:12 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Compare
kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of

People with 485 pending are unnecessarily getting into such problems by trying to get H visas stamped. With the AP the H stamping is useless. It only creates problems as the above.

Old 06-21-2008, 12:24 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
moonrah has much to be proud of moonrah has much to be proud of moonrah has much to be proud of moonrah has much to be proud of moonrah has much to be proud of moonrah has much to be proud of moonrah has much to be proud of moonrah has much to be proud of moonrah has much to be proud of
Default Ap...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisersose View Post
The OP says they have kept his passport. So his AP is useless until he gets his passport back.

One can ask for passport back without stamping and come back using AP...

Old 06-21-2008, 01:25 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisersose View Post
Applicant should withdraw H1B visa application to get his passport back.

Old 06-24-2008, 06:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2007
Compare
calabor2001 is an unknown quantity at this point

@wandmaker: Nope, that is NOT true. You can get your passport back without having to withdraw your application. The passport belongs to the Govt. of the nation issuing it and NO ONE other than the issuing govt. can hold it. My case is pending 221g (pink) and I have had to travel on business to other countries and have my passport at present with me. The applicant should cite need for intl travel and request that s/he be returned the passport pending the clearance of 221g. The VO has to return the passport and can't hold it. good Luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandmaker View Post
Applicant should withdraw H1B visa application to get his passport back.
I-140: 03.21.07
I-485: 6.12.07
FP Done: 7.17.07
LUD: 7.17.07; 7.18.07
EAD: 6.02.08
AP: 10.08
I-1485: Approved 6/2010.