Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Contact Media Latest Posts Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > 140 stage > Priority dates transfers and Post 140-approval options
Click to log in with Facebook
Priority dates transfers and Post 140-approval options Discussion related to transferring priority date of old green card file to a new file after 140 approval.

advertisement

Donation Goal
Goal amount for this month: 10000 USD, Received: 0 USD (0%)
Donate Now
Please contribute to Immigration Voice.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2013, 03:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
lobo is on a distinguished road
Default I-140 approved, trying to change job

I have an approved I-140, and currently am waiting for my PD to be current (July 2009). Also, I have one more year left in my H-1B extension. If I find a new job which is also in the same field and the new employer is willing to sponsor, what would happen to my GC process?
Does the new employer have to go through the PERM and I-140 process again?
What if my current employer revokes my I-140 after I leave, can I still port the PD?

Thanks!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 01-30-2013, 04:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobo View Post
I have an approved I-140, and currently am waiting for my PD to be current (July 2009). Also, I have one more year left in my H-1B extension. If I find a new job which is also in the same field and the new employer is willing to sponsor, what would happen to my GC process?
Does the new employer have to go through the PERM and I-140 process again?
What if my current employer revokes my I-140 after I leave, can I still port the PD?

Thanks!
Wait until CIR passes or fails. If you switch now, you will have to go thru the pain of filing PERM, 140 gain and it may take another year for you to complete. In between if your PD becomes current, you still cannot apply until your new I-140 get approved. Yes you can port your PD as once 140 approved the PD stays with you. Try to get a copy of 140 from employer and keep with you.

Old 01-30-2013, 04:25 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

If employer revokes 140, you cannot port priority or extend H1B.
===================
Use the info in the post at your risk. None of this is legal advice.
-----------

Old 01-31-2013, 03:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
lobo is on a distinguished road

Thanks for your helpful answers.
I am currently a EB3. Here's my question. After I change job and port my PD, and by the time the new employer files for PERM and 140 again for me, I may be eligible to file as EB2. Does that help my GC process?

Thanks again.

Old 01-31-2013, 04:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts tracka is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobo View Post
Thanks for your helpful answers.
I am currently a EB3. Here's my question. After I change job and port my PD, and by the time the new employer files for PERM and 140 again for me, I may be eligible to file as EB2. Does that help my GC process?

Thanks again.
Wait 2-3 months and see where the CIR is heading, if CIR passes, All existing backlog will be cleared and you will get your GC without the pain of going thru another Perm + 140 etc.

Old 02-05-2013, 07:23 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare
ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute

cir will take 8-10 months..... if i were u, i would not plan things around cir happening..... congress has the reputation of not passing good bills.....