Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Contact Media Latest Posts Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc.
Click to log in with Facebook
Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc. This forums is for threads that are pertinent to Sept 18th rally. If you want to carpool to DC, travel by Air and looking for group reservation for cheaper rates with other members in your city, group reservation for Hotels, rental cars etc, please put threads here and then communicate with local IV members.

advertisement

Donation Goal
Goal amount for this month: 10000 USD, Received: 0 USD (0%)
Donate Now
Please contribute to Immigration Voice.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2010, 12:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sltaranha is on a distinguished road
Default H1B Tranfer/Renewal within company

am a foreign trained dentist with a US Ms in Health Aministration(MHA). I took up a job with an Orthodontic company. My current employer filed for my H1B under the "Dental Technician" position in 2007. This position does not require Bachelors or MS degree. Within 5 months an opening was available in the company for a research position. I have been transferred to the more professional environment which requires proficient dental knowledge and research skills which requires dental degree and MHA. But I am still under the "Dental Technician" category to date. It is time to renew my H1B visa and they wanted to tranfer me from a "Dental Technician" to a "Clinical research Coordinator" but the company lawyer said it is risky to renew the H1B under another title as this may be subject to approval. I should go ahead with the "Dental Technician" title for my next renewal as well.

My question is:

1. Does this position need to be advertised again to renew my H1B under a different title? Is there a risk of losing my H1B status under a different title?

2. I want to apply for my greencard, but, because of the title I am hired under "Dental Technician" I will fall in the EB3 category. What are my options here?

Would really appreciate your help in addressing these questions.
Bookmark and Share Compare

Old 05-01-2012, 07:07 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
joyadam19 is on a distinguished road

nice too see your post very nice post

Old 05-02-2012, 09:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
loraine85 is on a distinguished road

When you order frogs legs at a restuarant what do they do with the rest of the frog ? - Well surely they just throw the rest of the frog away and take it to the tip.

Closed Thread