Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Contact Media Latest Posts Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Non Immigrant Visas : H1, L1, H4, L2, F1 etc > Visitor and business visa
Click to log in with Facebook
advertisement

Donation Goal
Goal amount for this month: 10000 USD, Received: 0 USD (0%)
Donate Now
Please contribute to Immigration Voice.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2010, 04:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/06/2012
Compare
krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapsemi View Post
OK, thanks everyone for your posts. Yes, I am aware that I can file for extension. However I came to know that the exact duration of extension can vary from 1months to 5months depending on the reason cited and the officer reviewing the case. I thought if she goes out to India and comes back to US in 2 weeks, she can get a 6month visa again. Is this not right? You see I have a 10month old infant and I find having my MIL taking care of her is much better and cheaper than keeping her at a day care.
So you are really looking for a Free Nanny (hope your MIL never read this forum :-) ). Not a good reason .

Quote:
So can anyone the following for me:
1) MIL goes to India and comes back in 2 weeks and then receives a 6month visa. Possible? (Yes/No)
Very unlikely with the reason you cited.

Quote:
2) We file for an extension of her tourist visa, with a cause that my wife is really sick now while managing her office and nursing the baby and needs some time to recover. hence we need another 6months extension. Feasible? (Yes/No)
If your wife is sick , yes. But you will need to provide Doctor's note and have a hard time explaining how your wife is sick but still going to office.
If you are in an area with lots of Indians (like Boston, Edison etc) , you might find a decent Indian Nanny at a cheaper price.

Old 10-07-2010, 04:25 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future
Default Visit

Visit visa is for tourism purpose. Live few days/weeks with kids, relatives, see places etc...
If she tell the IO at the airport regarding your wife's sickness or baby sitting problem, they will defenitely give 2-3 weeks of I-94. Don't say babysitter in the USA is not good, and need somebody to cook etc..
They usually say don't abuse the visit visa. They may blacklist people, if they see a pattern coming and going like this several times.
No objection to come and go several times, they object the duration of stay in USA for a given PERIOD.
If she come back soon, defenitely get a curious look by the IO.
All depends on your luck, if they are in good mood, she will get 6 months, if not, 2-3 weeks... 3 months. If she come back after 2 months, 90% chance to get a 6 month I-94.

Last edited by dealsnet; 10-07-2010 at 04:27 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 10-07-2010, 04:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hebron has a brilliant future hebron has a brilliant future hebron has a brilliant future hebron has a brilliant future hebron has a brilliant future hebron has a brilliant future hebron has a brilliant future hebron has a brilliant future hebron has a brilliant future hebron has a brilliant future hebron has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by the7zen View Post
"usually girls mothers are tolerated pretty well by men" - not for stay @ home dads

lol..

Old 10-08-2010, 02:25 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hindichinibhaibhai can only hope to improve
Lightbulb Take mine... take mine

You can keep my MIL if you like

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-08-2010, 10:16 AM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vishwak has a reputation beyond repute vishwak has a reputation beyond repute vishwak has a reputation beyond repute vishwak has a reputation beyond repute vishwak has a reputation beyond repute vishwak has a reputation beyond repute vishwak has a reputation beyond repute vishwak has a reputation beyond repute vishwak has a reputation beyond repute vishwak has a reputation beyond repute vishwak has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
OK, thanks everyone for your posts. Yes, I am aware that I can file for extension. However I came to know that the exact duration of extension can vary from 1months to 5months depending on the reason cited and the officer reviewing the case. I thought if she goes out to India and comes back to US in 2 weeks, she can get a 6month visa again. Is this not right? You see I have a 10month old infant and I find having my MIL taking care of her is much better and cheaper than keeping her at a day care.

So can anyone the following for me:
1) MIL goes to India and comes back in 2 weeks and then receives a 6month visa. Possible? (Yes/No)
2) We file for an extension of her tourist visa, with a cause that my wife is really sick now while managing her office and nursing the baby and needs some time to recover. hence we need another 6months extension. Feasible? (Yes/No)
Most of the Indians (mainly south indians like us do that.

In Immigration there is no guarantee here. You need to understand that first.
You can try your luck thats it.

BTW Where do you live?? If you are in East or West Coast (They see lots of these cases) it might be some problem if she is coming back after leaving US in 2-3 weeks. (As Immigration officers see some people returning back in 2-3 weeks or sometimes in 2 months like that).

If I were you my safe bet, Apply for extension.

Just a suggestion I'm not saying you to follow this. Take some attorney advise if possible. All the best.

Old 10-09-2010, 07:34 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
tapsemi is on a distinguished road

OK thanks everyone. I will file for the extension.

Old 10-09-2010, 05:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
OK thanks everyone. I will file for the extension.
When filing for an extension, please avoid "baby sitting/taking care of the baby" etc at all costs. Your MIL's visa extension will NOT be given as USCIS considers those functions as a part of nanny visa.

Good luck!

Total contibution to IV so far: $550.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
If my post has been helpful, please consider contributing to immigrationvoice. It will help us continue this effort and serve the community. Thank you.