Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Contact Media Latest Posts Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Non Immigrant Visas : H1, L1, H4, L2, F1 etc > Visitor and business visa
Click to log in with Facebook
advertisement

Donation Goal
Goal amount for this month: 10000 USD, Received: 0 USD (0%)
Donate Now
Please contribute to Immigration Voice.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2011, 02:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
yaseen82 is infamous around these parts
Default B1/B2 for marriage

Hi Experts,

I am thinking of sponsoring my sister in law for a vistion (B1/B2) visa. She has met a guy who works in US and are willing to get married. She wants to come here on visitor (B1/B2) visa and get married and then both are planning to apply for her change of status. I do not know if this is a feasible plan.

I want to know if i sponsor her B1/B2 visa with an invite letter saying she is visiting us and we will be taking a family vacation and if the visa gets approved and she gets married to this guy. Will it be a problem for me later as she lied on her visit intentions?? I am on a H1B visa and do not want any complications.

Pls advice.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 08-07-2011, 03:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Pakistan
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
designflaw will become famous soon enough

I wouldn't lie on any immigration related documents.

Old 08-08-2011, 10:32 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
09/25/2005
Compare
DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaseen82 View Post
Hi Experts,

I am thinking of sponsoring my sister in law for a vistion (B1/B2) visa. She has met a guy who works in US and are willing to get married. She wants to come here on visitor (B1/B2) visa and get married and then both are planning to apply for her change of status. I do not know if this is a feasible plan.

I want to know if i sponsor her B1/B2 visa with an invite letter saying she is visiting us and we will be taking a family vacation and if the visa gets approved and she gets married to this guy. Will it be a problem for me later as she lied on her visit intentions?? I am on a H1B visa and do not want any complications.

Pls advice.
Not good, unless you are in love with US prison system.

Old 08-08-2011, 10:46 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vinzak has a reputation beyond repute vinzak has a reputation beyond repute vinzak has a reputation beyond repute vinzak has a reputation beyond repute vinzak has a reputation beyond repute vinzak has a reputation beyond repute vinzak has a reputation beyond repute vinzak has a reputation beyond repute vinzak has a reputation beyond repute vinzak has a reputation beyond repute vinzak has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hi Experts,

Pls advice.
Look into something called fiance visa (K-1 visa). This is the correct and legal way for your sister to come here and get married assuming your sister's to-be is a US citizen.

Otherwise, it depends on what status he is here on. Coming here on a B1-B2 and getting married can cause many complications, including getting deported and being banned from entering the US.

Old 08-08-2011, 11:04 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/15/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mayurcreation has a reputation beyond repute mayurcreation has a reputation beyond repute mayurcreation has a reputation beyond repute mayurcreation has a reputation beyond repute mayurcreation has a reputation beyond repute mayurcreation has a reputation beyond repute mayurcreation has a reputation beyond repute mayurcreation has a reputation beyond repute mayurcreation has a reputation beyond repute mayurcreation has a reputation beyond repute mayurcreation has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Hi Experts,

Pls advice.
Contact couple of desi lawyer for best suggestions. One of my friend did similar thing what you are looking for. His lawyer had suggested him to wait for exact 3 months after B1/B2 get enter into USA and than do marriage on local county court. You need to book/reserve date of marriage with county court well in advance. My friend was on H1 and he marry B1/B2 (now his wife) after 3 months of entry and applied for change of status from B1/B2 to H4. Now his wife is on H4.

I would strongly recommend you to contact atleast couple of desi lawyer before you move ahead...