Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Contact Media Latest Posts Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Non Immigrant Visas : H1, L1, H4, L2, F1 etc > Visitor and business visa
Click to log in with Facebook
advertisement

Donation Goal
Goal amount for this month: 10000 USD, Received: 0 USD (0%)
Donate Now
Please contribute to Immigration Voice.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2013, 01:14 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
xanderxerxes is on a distinguished road
Default What Type of Visa?

Hi everyone,

I hope somebody can give me advise on this. Let's say I have family member in the US that I'm planning to visit and her place is coincidentally located near an art convention that I want to be a part of (ie rent a booth and exhibit)... Do I need a Work Visa or is Visitor Visa enough? Thanks for any help you can give. thanks
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 01-30-2013, 09:01 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2007
Compare
sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanderxerxes View Post
Hi everyone,

I hope somebody can give me advise on this. Let's say I have family member in the US that I'm planning to visit and her place is coincidentally located near an art convention that I want to be a part of (ie rent a booth and exhibit)... Do I need a Work Visa or is Visitor Visa enough? Thanks for any help you can give. thanks
Visitor visa is not allowed to work. You need work visa to work for an employer and only to that employer. If renting booth requires background check etc, you need SSN which is not given to visitor. If you want to be part of the exhibit, ask your US family member to rent a booth, and you can do volunteering provided there is no need for a background check. Hope this helps.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 01-30-2013, 09:16 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/21/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/21/2007
Compare
gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanderxerxes View Post
Hi everyone,

Check with USA Consular in your country or State department what are your option to participate in an art convention and they might provide information if there is any option.