Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Contact Media Latest Posts Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Towards Citizenship > The physical green card
Click to log in with Facebook
advertisement

Donation Goal
Goal amount for this month: 10000 USD, Received: 0 USD (0%)
Donate Now
Please contribute to Immigration Voice.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2010, 11:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ksj is on a distinguished road
Default Middle Name Typo on Green Card

Guys, if anyone has gone through similar situation,I would really appreciate if you would share your experience.
I have finally received my actual green card in mail. on the front of the card, it has my lastname, first name and middle initial which is totally fine. But I noticed on the back of the card,at the bottom they have entered my middle name in full BUT with a space in it, so they have basically split my middle name. Its something like this...

LastName<<Firstname<few lettrs of middlename<rest of the letters.

I have checked,my I-485 application,my previous two EADs(recent one been approved last month) all of them has my middle name correctly (with no space).

I am not sure how big of a deal this is, if I should just take it easy or should get it corrected, I have been reading, to get replacement card it can take quite a few months, have to fill out form I-90 return the original card back and pretty much just wait for them to send the new one.Its kind of hard to go through the whole wait process all over again.

Has anyone gone through similar situation or know of anyone who has, my case is from NSC, so any idea how long would it take to get replacement card.

Please share your experiences.thank you
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 08-20-2010, 10:55 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
transpass has a reputation beyond repute transpass has a reputation beyond repute transpass has a reputation beyond repute transpass has a reputation beyond repute transpass has a reputation beyond repute transpass has a reputation beyond repute transpass has a reputation beyond repute transpass has a reputation beyond repute transpass has a reputation beyond repute transpass has a reputation beyond repute transpass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksj View Post
Guys, if anyone has gone through similar situation,I would really appreciate if you would share your experience.
I have finally received my actual green card in mail. on the front of the card, it has my lastname, first name and middle initial which is totally fine. But I noticed on the back of the card,at the bottom they have entered my middle name in full BUT with a space in it, so they have basically split my middle name. Its something like this...

LastName<<Firstname<few lettrs of middlename<rest of the letters.

I have checked,my I-485 application,my previous two EADs(recent one been approved last month) all of them has my middle name correctly (with no space).

I am not sure how big of a deal this is, if I should just take it easy or should get it corrected, I have been reading, to get replacement card it can take quite a few months, have to fill out form I-90 return the original card back and pretty much just wait for them to send the new one.Its kind of hard to go through the whole wait process all over again.

Has anyone gone through similar situation or know of anyone who has, my case is from NSC, so any idea how long would it take to get replacement card.

Please share your experiences.thank you
If I were you, I would ask CIS to correct it. After all, the welcome notice asks you to verify if all the information is correct. If you have a lawyer, inform him/her and proceed as advised...If I am not mistaken, there is a contact number in the welcome notice to inform CIS of such issues...

Old 08-20-2010, 11:35 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ksj is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by transpass View Post
If I were you, I would ask CIS to correct it. After all, the welcome notice asks you to verify if all the information is correct. If you have a lawyer, inform him/her and proceed as advised...If I am not mistaken, there is a contact number in the welcome notice to inform CIS of such issues...
Transpass,
welcome notice has only my middle Initial,so everything was right on the welcome notice so to speak.It is only on the card that they messed it up. and i asked my lawyer about it, he says dont worry about it and dont do anything :-) but I dont know.I would rather have it in a perfectly right way..but just worrying about dealing with having to wait for a long time..so I was looking for if anyone on here has gone through anything similar..and how long it took for getting a replacement card.

Old 08-21-2010, 02:35 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
transpass has a reputation beyond repute transpass has a reputation beyond repute transpass has a reputation beyond repute transpass has a reputation beyond repute transpass has a reputation beyond repute transpass has a reputation beyond repute transpass has a reputation beyond repute transpass has a reputation beyond repute transpass has a reputation beyond repute transpass has a reputation beyond repute transpass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksj View Post
Transpass,
welcome notice has only my middle Initial,so everything was right on the welcome notice so to speak.It is only on the card that they messed it up. and i asked my lawyer about it, he says dont worry about it and dont do anything :-) but I dont know.I would rather have it in a perfectly right way..but just worrying about dealing with having to wait for a long time..so I was looking for if anyone on here has gone through anything similar..and how long it took for getting a replacement card.
Oh, I meant welcome pamphlet that comes along with the card. I think there might be a number to call to inform any typos on the card.

As the other member suggested, I would ignore the lawyer's take on this. After all, it's your card, not his.

Just call the CIS and inform them. Most likely they will replace the card with the correct info. Nothing to lose anyway. If CIS says it's ok, atleast, if anyone asks about the descrepancy, you can always tell that you had already called CIS and that it was ok with them.