Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Contact Media Latest Posts Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Towards Citizenship > US Citizenship and its issues
Click to log in with Facebook
advertisement

Donation Goal
Goal amount for this month: 10000 USD, Received: 0 USD (0%)
Donate Now
Please contribute to Immigration Voice.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2012, 08:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Hana91 is on a distinguished road
Post Please help! Denied citizenship, what is next?

I applied for U.S citizenship. When I applied for citizenship back in April I was accepted I paid the fee and passed the test. Several weeks later I receive a letter stating that I was denied because, according to them, I received my green card in August 2008 and therefore my five years has not been completed. My green card states the opposite, it states that i received in 2005. In order to contest that decision they require me to fill out a form that includes a $650.00 fee, almost as much as the citizenship application fee. What are my options to contest this and receive my citizenship without paying them any additional fees?
Please help with any options!
Thank you.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 11-18-2012, 01:02 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/28/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
number30 has a brilliant future number30 has a brilliant future number30 has a brilliant future number30 has a brilliant future number30 has a brilliant future number30 has a brilliant future number30 has a brilliant future number30 has a brilliant future number30 has a brilliant future number30 has a brilliant future number30 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hana91 View Post
I applied for U.S citizenship. When I applied for citizenship back in April I was accepted I paid the fee and passed the test. Several weeks later I receive a letter stating that I was denied because, according to them, I received my green card in August 2008 and therefore my five years has not been completed. My green card states the opposite, it states that i received in 2005. In order to contest that decision they require me to fill out a form that includes a $650.00 fee, almost as much as the citizenship application fee. What are my options to contest this and receive my citizenship without paying them any additional fees?
Please help with any options!
Thank you.
Go To the local office and talk to them. Show them the proof like green card and Approval notices. If it is a mistake they will open the case without any fees because of Service center mistake.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 11-19-2012, 04:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
: