Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Contact Media Latest Posts Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Towards Citizenship > US Citizenship and its issues
Click to log in with Facebook
advertisement

Donation Goal
Goal amount for this month: 10000 USD, Received: 0 USD (0%)
Donate Now
Please contribute to Immigration Voice.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2012, 06:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
kkumar3k is on a distinguished road
Default US Citizenship Questions! Help Please

I am applying for citizenship (naturalization N-400). I have following questioms

Part 6 About your Residence and Employment
-------------------------------------------------------------------

A. Where have you lived during the past five years?

Do I need exact dates? I don't remember. Will Approximate dates (MM/YYYY) suffice?

B. Where have you worked? (or if you are a student, what schools did you attend) during the last five years?

If I am working as a contractor to say HP through a company (which is owned by me), What should I write?
HP or my company?

If I finished MS part time while working a full time job, Do I have to write it?

PART 7 TIME OUTSIDE THE USA
----------------------------------------------

DO I HAVE TO BE VERY EXACT with the dates?

PART 10 N 400 - Affiliations Question
------------------------------------------------

What exactly is this? Is this like Costco membership ? I have attended few art of living mediation sessions and donated to them as well as Red cross. Is this what it means?

Part 10 good moral character
-----------------------------------------

16. have you ever been arrested, cited or detained by any law enforcement officer for any reason

I have few traffic tickets (driving expired tag, following too closely (accident), driving on emergency lane)
I don't even remember how many tickets I got last few years. But all of them are traffic related.

Do I have to declare??

G. Selective Service Registration
-----------------------------------------------
"Are you a male who lived in the United States at any time between your 18th and 26th birthdays in any status except as a lawful non immigrant?"

I was on H1-B till my age 32. So Do I have to register for selective service?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 12-30-2012, 10:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/28/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
number30 has a brilliant future number30 has a brilliant future number30 has a brilliant future number30 has a brilliant future number30 has a brilliant future number30 has a brilliant future number30 has a brilliant future number30 has a brilliant future number30 has a brilliant future number30 has a brilliant future number30 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkumar3k View Post
I am applying for citizenship (naturalization N-400). I have following questioms

Part 6 About your Residence and Employment
-------------------------------------------------------------------

A. Where have you lived during the past five years?

Do I need exact dates? I don't remember. Will Approximate dates (MM/YYYY) suffice?

B. Where have you worked? (or if you are a student, what schools did you attend) during the last five years?

If I am working as a contractor to say HP through a company (which is owned by me), What should I write?
HP or my company?

If I finished MS part time while working a full time job, Do I have to write it?

PART 7 TIME OUTSIDE THE USA
----------------------------------------------

DO I HAVE TO BE VERY EXACT with the dates?

PART 10 N 400 - Affiliations Question
------------------------------------------------

What exactly is this? Is this like Costco membership ? I have attended few art of living mediation sessions and donated to them as well as Red cross. Is this what it means?

Part 10 good moral character
-----------------------------------------

16. have you ever been arrested, cited or detained by any law enforcement officer for any reason

I have few traffic tickets (driving expired tag, following too closely (accident), driving on emergency lane)
I don't even remember how many tickets I got last few years. But all of them are traffic related.

Do I have to declare??

G. Selective Service Registration
-----------------------------------------------
"Are you a male who lived in the United States at any time between your 18th and 26th birthdays in any status except as a lawful non immigrant?"

I was on H1-B till my age 32. So Do I have to register for selective service?

Obviously you do not want to read the instructions.

For Residence dates MM/YYYY should be enough.

Why would you write some other company name if you are working for your own company. Write the name of the Company that is paying your salary.

For TIME OUTSIDE THE USA you need exact dates. Go through your passport.

If the fine for single offence is more than $500 or six months in jail you need to report that N-400.
If it is DUI you need to report it.

selective service is going to be your problem. You need to register even if you were on H1B

Old 12-30-2012, 11:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2012
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
deecha is on a distinguished road

I don't believe you need to register for selective service if you are on H1B unless you failed to maintain status for more than 30 days.

Google is your friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by number30 View Post
Obviously you do not want to read the instructions.

For Residence dates MM/YYYY should be enough.

Why would you write some other company name if you are working for your own company. Write the name of the Company that is paying your salary.

For TIME OUTSIDE THE USA you need exact dates. Go through your passport.

If the fine for single offence is more than $500 or six months in jail you need to report that N-400.
If it is DUI you need to report it.

selective service is going to be your problem. You need to register even if you were on H1B

Old 12-31-2012, 10:00 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
kkumar3k is on a distinguished road

Do I have to declare the traffic tickets? If so, for how many years back ? Frankly I don't even remember how many I have for the last 12+ years in USA.

Old 01-01-2013, 01:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ShyGuyTN is infamous around these parts ShyGuyTN is infamous around these parts ShyGuyTN is infamous around these parts ShyGuyTN is infamous around these parts ShyGuyTN is infamous around these parts ShyGuyTN is infamous around these parts ShyGuyTN is infamous around these parts ShyGuyTN is infamous around these parts ShyGuyTN is infamous around these parts ShyGuyTN is infamous around these parts ShyGuyTN is infamous around these parts

OK, have you actually read the instructions for form N-400?

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/n-400instr.pdf

For example, under Part 6 it says:
Quote:
A. Write every address where you have lived in the last five years (including in other countries).

Begin with where you live now. Include the dates you lived in those places. For example, write May 1998 to June 1999 as 05/1998 to 06/1999.
Also, on page 5 it says "Note that unless a traffic incident was alcohol or drug related, you do not need to submit documentation for traffic fines or incidents that did not involve an actual arrest if the only penalty was a fine of less than $500 or points on your driver's license."

If you need a list of traffic fines, contact your local DMV for a driving record.

Old 01-01-2013, 04:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/20/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/28/2005
Compare
Green_Always has a brilliant future Green_Always has a brilliant future Green_Always has a brilliant future Green_Always has a brilliant future Green_Always has a brilliant future Green_Always has a brilliant future Green_Always has a brilliant future Green_Always has a brilliant future Green_Always has a brilliant future Green_Always has a brilliant future Green_Always has a brilliant future

Once I get US Citizenship thru Naturalization Process, I-485 --> GC -->.

After some years as US Citizen, If I want to become Indian Citizen what is the process ? any one ? thanks in advance.

PD - EB3 - Oct 2001
485 - RD 06/2005
1st FP - 07/13/2005
1st SR - 08/04/2006 - Shame Background check pending responce
Transfer to V to T on 03/15/07
2nd FP - 05/08/07
2nd SR - 06/28/2007 - Shame Background check pending responce
FBI NC Cleared - 10/09/2007

Waiting for 485 AD - <no ideia what date to put in here>

I was left out when my PD was current all the times.

Finally 485 Approved on -- 05/10/2008

==========================

Old 01-02-2013, 06:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/28/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/30/2004
Compare
nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Always View Post

After some years as US Citizen, If I want to become Indian Citizen what is the process ? any one ? thanks in advance.
If you get Indian Citizenship, your US Citizenship will be invalidated. Instead you can get OCI and visit /stay / work in India throughout your life time without becoming Indian Citizenship.

If you ever decided to renounce your US Citizenship, you need to stay in India with OCI for 1 year out of 5 years to get Indian Citizenship. All the best!

Thanks

Old 01-03-2013, 09:19 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
Others
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
pmpforgc has a reputation beyond repute pmpforgc has a reputation beyond repute pmpforgc has a reputation beyond repute pmpforgc has a reputation beyond repute pmpforgc has a reputation beyond repute pmpforgc has a reputation beyond repute pmpforgc has a reputation beyond repute pmpforgc has a reputation beyond repute pmpforgc has a reputation beyond repute pmpforgc has a reputation beyond repute pmpforgc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Decide first and then apply for Naturalization

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Always View Post

Just make sure what you want for long term. If you are worrying about Indian Citizenship when you are just applying for Naturalization, I hope you think this over again.

It is just waste of money to spend after N-400 and OCI etc for you (and family members if applying togeather)

With GC and Indian Passport you can almost do everything in US and India, So if ultimately want to reapply for Indian Citizenship after getting OCI, just continue with GC and save money. GC and Indian Passport will be almost as good as US passport and OCI.