From Immigration Wiki
Individuals visiting Canada will need the sponsorship from the immediate family member residing in Canada or their financial assets.
1. Obtain a Temporary Resident Visa application package:at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp
2. Read the guide: Read the guide carefully before you complete the application form. The fee for processing your form is not refundable, so make sure you are eligible to get a Temporary Resident Visa before you apply.
3. Complete the application form and attach the necessary documents
Note: You can use the same application form for your spouse or common-law partner, and for dependent children under 18 if they will be travelling with you.
All required documents must be included with your application:
(a). You must have a valid travel document (such as a passport) for each family member on the application. (b). Two recent passport photos of each family member are required. Make sure these photos meet the requirements. For more information on specifications for photographs, see the Related Links section at the bottom of this page. (c). Enclose the application fee and the IMM 5401 receipt of payment. Your fee will not be refunded, even if your application is not accepted. (d). You must provide proof that you have enough money for your visit to Canada. The amount of money may vary, depending on the circumstances for your visit, how long you will stay and whether you will stay in a hotel, or with friends or relatives. You can get more information from the Canadian visa office in your country or region. (e). You may need to include other documents. These documents could be identification cards, proof of employment, a letter of invitation from relatives or friends in Canada, or a proposed itinerary. Check the website of the visa office responsible for the country or region where you live for more information.
4. Pay the fee and get the necessary receipt: The fee per person is $75 for a single entry visa, $150 for a multiple entry visa or $400 for a family (multiple or single entry). Check the website of the visa office responsible for the country or region where you live for more information on fees, including how to pay them.
5. Mail the application form and necessary documents: When you have completed the application form, make sure you sign and date it, and that all required documents and fees are included in the envelope. In most countries, application fees must be paid in Canadian dollars. You must send your application to the Canadian visa office in the country or region where you live. Check the guide in your application package for instructions.