US I-485 RFE Bonafide Marriage
From Immigration Wiki
| Wiki Help
| IV Home
| All Countries
This section deals with RFE's and documents required to answer or limit RFE's on a Bonafide Marriage.
Typical RFE could be ( not in exact words)
"Submit evidence to demonstrate that your present marriage to 'xyz' is bona fide. If you fail to submit any evidence or if you submit insufficient evidence, your application may be considered for denial."
Reasons for RFE
Possible reasons why an RFE could be triggered ( just some educated guesses)
- People who are married for very short time and filing immediately for GC ( in some cases spouse adding the other to an already existing application)
- People of different ethnicity/countries getting married and using Cross-chargeability.
- Documentation submitted is not conclusive enough to prove a marriage.
- In a divorce situation where the primary has informed of the proceedings to USCIS.
- Difference of age between the partners is high.
- Couples with separate residence addresses on file (working at different states).
- Birth certificates of children from the marriage.
- Joint Federal / State Taxes filed if any
- Joint lease/mortgage agreement (proof of joint residence) for a continuous period
- Evidence of financial documents ( copies of joint bank accounts, credit cards, insurance documents evidencing the relationship)
- Insurance policies showing spouse as beneficiary
- Auto registrations showing both of your name on title.
more supporting documents
- Marriage certificate issued by relevant authorities of the land which is legally accepted. If not in English an official translation certified by relevant authorities.
- Wedding Invitations, church/temple/religious certificates which show the relationship
- Pictures of wedding along with relatives/witness etc of the event
- Notarized Affidavits from parents, relatives, friends who were witness during the event.
- Evidence of any trips taken together, any major purchases made together
- Photo Id's of spouse's changed last name after marriage
- Any educational qualifications acquired post marriage showing change of maiden name ( if case of female)
- Any other documentation which can serve as evidence of a firm continued relationship which is not a sham
- Proof of vacation trips together (flight tickets, hotel etc).
Copyright © 2005 - 2009 ImmigrationVoice.org.