- Embassies of the world
- Conslulate General of India in Houston
- Conslulate General of India in Chicago
- Conslulate General of India in New York
- Conslulate General of India in San Fransisco
- Embassy of India in Washington DC
- Jurisdiction of Indian Consulates
- US DOS - Travel specifics for India
- Expiry and Renewal of the passport
Things dealing with USCIS
See Address Change Online.
- Check processing times for all centers on all forms
- How to open Service Requests
- What is initial review
- Validity of checks
- Photo size
- Finding USCIS approved Doctors in your area
- INS Guidance on H-1 / L-1, EAD and Advance Parole
US Customs and Borders
- Automatic Visa Revalidations Rule
Birth Certificate Issues
- Denial of H1 Transfer
- H1B denial - Options
- H1 status after AC21
- Lost I94
- Yellow Notice in H1 Interview
- Laid off or Gaps in Employment See other threads
- H1 Docs at POE
- DOL Wage and Hour Division
- Determining Priority Date
- Pay Rate
- See Labor and Audits
- OPT and Progressive Experience
- Docs needed to file 485
- Direct Filing of AOS
- Traveling in i 485 stage
I have multiple I-485 applications. What options do I have?
- Multiple 485s and tips from immigration lawyers
- See thread
When the PD is current, the IO will initiate the FP, Namecheck, IBIS check again when the AOS is in "Final Approval, Visa Available" state.
Some IOs would just refresh the FP they have on file and some request another. But namecheck is something that must be done again.
One of the reasons for delay can be because of namecheck as it can take a long time to clear.
Check the right column which guides the IO
Already filed I-485 Date Is Current What to Expect
You had filed 485, the dates retrogressed and now you are current again. Congratulations!
Raising a Service Request, Infopass, contacting USCIS second level on phone, contacting your congressman for help:
Please DON'T DO any of this stuff. All these are meant to give you the current status of your application. By any means they will not help in speeding up the processing your application. For all of these, you will receive a reply with the current status 'under review', 'in que to get assigned to an officer' ....
Nobody can say what order they process the cases, it could be as simple as say - you have 30 agents and 3000 cases become current this month so each agent gets 100 cases and they have 30 days to process them.
Please be patient and try not to worry toomuch about it for at least first 2 weeks. USCIS will approve most of the cases with 30 days (at least 90% cases). If your case is in not approved in 30 days, they may need additional information.
If you get passed at least 3 weeks, you may consider doing one of the above to know at least the status of the application.
If an I-485 applicant's priority date has been current for several months and there is no movement on the case, s/he should do further follow-up. S/he should contact his or her attorney to ask the attorney to do follow-up. Also, the applicant should schedule an InfoPass appointment to go to the local office to inquire about his/her I-485 with the current priority date. The I-485 applicant can also seek the help of the CIS Ombudsman as well as his/her Congressional representative. We file Mandamus cases to try to force a decision if the PD is current and there has been a long delay. If routine follow up isn't working, it may be worth considering a Mandamus case. -from murthy forum
- USCIS answers AC21 questions
- see also
- Traveling while I485 is pending
- See Also
Financial Aid with AP
- FAFSA aid and AP
Transit Visa for travel to India
- See thread
When Dates are current or close to being current
- Tip for people whose dates are current
Medical issues relating to immigrants/nonimmigrants
- Dealing with high hospital bills
What options with COBRA insurance does someone have after job change/loss?
- See thread
What options does someone have with Maternity Insurance
- See thread
Legislative and Administrative Contact Info
How to contact local lawmaker office for your case?
- Enter Zip code to find Legislators in your State
How can I post message to for President Obama's administration
- See thread
- Application To Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status
From EB3 to EB2
- Scroll down for Progressive Experience Info
- EB3-EB2 Porting
- Qualifying criteria for Porting
- Conditions for EB3 transfer to EB2
- Transferring priority dates
From H4 to H1
- H4 to H1
How to choose a good immigration lawyer
First off, note that it doesn't matter where a lawyer is located. You'll almost never need to physically meet with a lawyer. Instead, you'll have phone consultations, use e-mail, and FedEx documents.
Always ask for references and experience with cases similar to yours. Put everything in writing when you deal with lawyers.
There are several search engines for immigration lawyers.
- extensive information about lawyers
- user ratings
- doesn't list Murthy as an immigration lawyer
- duplicate listings, e.g. for Sabagh
- can search for Immigration sub-specialty, such as Business/Employment or Deportation/Removal
- doesn't include Gotcher at all
- the oldest search engine
- doesn't list many of the most famous lawyers: Shusterman, Gotcher, Murthy, Rithizer, Kramer
- can search by specialty, e.g. "Adjustment of Status" or "Investors"
- old, primitive interface
- can't search for specialties (e.g. imigration vs. real estate); can only search for last name or location
- few reviews: doesn't include Paparelli, but does inlcude Gotcher
How can someone file a complaint against a lawyer in state bar?
See HOW TO REPORT A BAD IMMIGRATION LAWYER.
Ask a Lawyer: Free Conference Calls
Aug 19,2010 Call
Apr 26, 2008
How can someone file a complaint against an employer with the Department of Labor?
See RIGHTS OF H1B/REPORT ABUSE/REPORT FRAUD#How_can_someone_file_a_complaint_against_an_employer_with_Department_of_Labor.3F.
What options does someone have after layoff?
What is out of Status? What options do I have?
- Practical Immigration Consequences for Foreign Workers in a Slowing Economy
Non Immigrants: 401K investment Social Security Medicaid
- Medicaid & Social Security Contributions
What documents related to legal immigration documents are needed for drivers license?
What are repercussions of leaving employer after green card?
How can I get an RSS feed on the latest IV threads?
- See thread
What is CIR?
- Comprehensive Immigration Reform Bill
- Starting a new company on H1