India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare
amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute

AT the cost of sounding like a broken record: The only thing that is in our control is educating our lawmakers. Please take an hour of your busy time and go to your local congressman's office. I urge each and every one of us to do this.

Point it out and educate them and tell them about this severe backlog in simple english. Do not be elaborate or use terms like I485 or anything like that. Build a rapport, follow up with articles, and reports.

Now, most people think-how is this going to help?.
But imagine if 10,000 of us go to our local reps. Divide this number by 435 or so house reps ...and it will be an average of 22 people per house reps. Now, we are concentrated in the large urban areas, so we wont visit all 435 house reps. So our number will be 100 or so average per house rep (considering we are in 100 districts).
That is a really good number. Chances are we can influence any legislation in our favor.

We know there wont be 10,000 people doing this. But even 100 do this, it will be worth it. My local congresswoman's office told me that I was the first one from the EB categories to visit them. They were amazed that nobody (read people like us) brought it to their attention. They were very friendly, welcoming and heard me out.

The point is to make them aware, so when a legislation comes on the floor, they are educated about the issues. The rapport we build with their offices, will help us in the future.

Last edited by amitjoey; 12-03-2009 at 09:05 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote