India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
GreenCard4US has a reputation beyond repute GreenCard4US has a reputation beyond repute GreenCard4US has a reputation beyond repute GreenCard4US has a reputation beyond repute GreenCard4US has a reputation beyond repute GreenCard4US has a reputation beyond repute GreenCard4US has a reputation beyond repute GreenCard4US has a reputation beyond repute GreenCard4US has a reputation beyond repute GreenCard4US has a reputation beyond repute GreenCard4US has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Not as bad

After readings Ron's bulletin, I posted the following questions and his answers are as below,

1). Can a country use more than the 2800 visas in EB3 for a year if there are unused visas in that category? If thats the case, there are about 150k(Does this include dependents?) applications in EB3 and I am assuming there will another say 30k in the next 3 years giving the condition of the economy giving a total of 180k, so should'nt at some point say in the next few years exhaust the backlog(40k a year x 5 years=200k).

Ans: If there are unused visas for Worldwide, then it is possible for people from single state limited countries to use them. At that point, until all of the unused numbers remain available, the single state limit no longer applies. When the visas are used up, then the limit applies again. This is current the case with EB2, where quite a few visas are being issued to citizens of China and India, even though they would otherwise be subject to the single state limit.
Don't look for EB3 Worldwide to become "current" any time soon, however.

2). If EB2 becomes current say in 2012, then I do not believe that the quota for EB2 is going to get filled for the years after that which will lead to visas going to EB3.

ANS: If EB2 is current for all countries, then the unused EB2 numbers will fall down into EB
Again, don't expect this to happen any time soon.

3).Also, if EB2 becomes current, more peple are going to port over to EB2 from EB3, which will help the EB3 backlog.
Ans: This is true.

Though the situation is bad, if EB3 applicants wait it for another 4 to 5 years, I think it will certainly improve greatly given that are going to be lesser and lesser greencard applicants and most of them applying through EB2. People like me who do not have the luxury of porting over to EB2 there is no other go...

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.