India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/29/2007
Compare
vikki76 has much to be proud of vikki76 has much to be proud of vikki76 has much to be proud of vikki76 has much to be proud of vikki76 has much to be proud of vikki76 has much to be proud of vikki76 has much to be proud of vikki76 has much to be proud of vikki76 has much to be proud of
Default Western stereotyping of Eastern culture

From link-
Quote:
In many cases working wives aren't allowed to keep what they earn so they are unlikely to be able to afford to be self sufficient. The United States will bear the brunt of the social and financial costs if these women need housing and welfare after they leave their husbands. According to a series of studies carried out by the Washington-based International Center for Research on Women in collaboration with independent Indian researchers: [6]
Indian women have always been stereotyped. So this is nothing new.My poor Dad-Mom never gave him paycheque to him, in fact, Dad was obliged to hand over his paycheck to Mom too. (I am from India)
I was surprised when I came to know that here husbands don't hand over their cheques to wives. Who else can run a household in better way ,
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote