:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
kutra has a reputation beyond repute kutra has a reputation beyond repute kutra has a reputation beyond repute kutra has a reputation beyond repute kutra has a reputation beyond repute kutra has a reputation beyond repute kutra has a reputation beyond repute kutra has a reputation beyond repute kutra has a reputation beyond repute kutra has a reputation beyond repute kutra has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaks7 View Post
My wife's co. provides health insurance for both of us. We are both on H1-B.

If my wife quits her job, can we still be eligible for COBRA because at that point she will be doing COS to H4. If someone has any experience or knowledge about this please reply. It will help us deal things better as we are better prepared with what could be our options.

Does COBRA depend on H1-B status? Also recently Obama administration has worked a plan where the payments on COBRA are less than the usual amounts, COBRA subsidy? Can you provide details regarding that?
Why does she need to use COBRA? Certain life changing events such as job loss, birth, etc. allow adding or removing of dependants, or enrolling in an insurance plan outside of the enrollment period. So you should be able to join the insurance plan provided by your employer. If she's quitting her job, she should be eligible to come on to your insurance plan as a dependent. This will be a much cheaper option than using COBRA. Look into this.

Last edited by kutra; 01-20-2010 at 11:40 AM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote