India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/25/2005
Compare
alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GC_hoga_re View Post
errr...no ?
the number would be close to about 350 to 380......depending on whether you use 30% or 33% as your number.......

still....when has it been better than this......???
the india line has always had a massive backlog like this, has it not? so whats new or worse this time around ?

While I admire your optimism. I must tell you I feel it is misplaced. A few points to be noted.
The numbers from BECs approvals and the 2 yrs of pent up demand created from retrogression of dates, means that of the filnigs currently being done the Majority will be EB India, for no other reason that that was the country most affected by retrogression.
In years gone by there were over 200K visas from the AC21 recapture legislation until 2005. After that this year we had this mad rush to approve 60K visas in June.............which actually benefited EB India. Now looking into the next 12 months no such saving grace is foreseen.
The gov't has a stated objective now of reducing the time for security checks. Much of the stuck applications from ROW will now get unstuck and use up visa numbers. Remember now all we have is the 140K visas.

Bottom line...........if you want your green card in the next 1-2 yrs you better had hope and do something so that things work out in terms of relief such as recapture legislation. Otherwise be prepared to wait 5yrs or more if your 485 is going in the oven now.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote