India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
HV000 has a reputation beyond repute HV000 has a reputation beyond repute HV000 has a reputation beyond repute HV000 has a reputation beyond repute HV000 has a reputation beyond repute HV000 has a reputation beyond repute HV000 has a reputation beyond repute HV000 has a reputation beyond repute HV000 has a reputation beyond repute HV000 has a reputation beyond repute HV000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Questionable Namecheck Process

Quote:
Originally Posted by brb2 View Post
The link is related to the fingerprinting background check. Almost 100% of the time the automated system returns an FBI record (an existance or not of a "rap sheet"). Only in rare cases when the finger prints are not clear USCIS sends a new FP notice.

The issue here is the FBI name check which returns less than 68% in the automated response. Around 32% of cases (485/n400) are delayed of which less than 1% really may have a negative record most of which are reported by IBIS and finger print check.

FOIPA only provides main file check report (not reference file report) which in any case is worthless for most applicants who have never committed a crime but are stuck in the name check due to a flawed soundex alogirthm that is applied for both roman based and non roman based names. Invariably Indians, Chinese, Arabs and Russians (and slavic names) are caught up disprortionately.

Mr. has been lately tightening the screws and USCIS has to report in the next 30 days the response to his anual report to congress where he listed the FBI name check as the most pervasive problem affecting 485 and naturalization applicants and the fact that name check backlog grew by over 100,000 in 2006.

Name check dissproportionately affects Indians, Chinese, Russians, slavs, Arabs and Muslims.

http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_pe...d.cgi?nc082505
USCIS is supposed to respond to USCIS OMBUDSMAN report on Sep 11. USCIS has not mentioned about the value it is deriving out of the NAMECHECK process!
I do not know why USCIS is wasting money and resources in the questionable "NAME CHECK" process while they already have the faster "FINGER PRINT" process!!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote