:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by snthampi View Post
I agree with you. I almost made up my mind to go back in couple of years and I am not going get a penny back of my hard earned money that I paid towards SS+Medicare. People from a lot of other countries do get at least SS benefits. Indian politicians are totally useless to get anything done and they don't really care.
It is basically agreement between countries.

If a Canada resident works in USA for one year, Govt. of Canada will take money from US at the time of retirement and combine retirement benefits (so that there is no windfall benefits).

If an Indian works in USA and accumulates 40 points or more, US gives back SS at retirement age. There is no combining of retirement benefits (Indian Pension and US SS) as far as I know. So what I understand, an Indian get windfall benefit after 40 points.

There are many other countries, you don't get a penny.

=============
Indian Govt did not put committed effort. Some spurious efforts are to take money back, of join Indian pension benefits and US SS. But things are not clear. What if an American work in India - Is he going to get retirement money back in US in US$. I think India has issues combining benefits and coming up with firm standing.

Note: Limiting Retirement Windfall Benefit: If this is not restricted many people can work both in US and Canada and have full retirement money form both countries - that is almost doubling the retirement income. So It is limited by MAX permissible.

Last edited by Dhundhun; 03-25-2010 at 04:20 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote