India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07-11-2007
Compare
jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by desi3933 View Post
May I ask, where did you get this (incorrect) info from? Do you know that one can file only I-485 that is linked to I-130 as well as I-140. Read I-485 form.

from the immigration officer. they have to combine both the cases and then have one process the green card. Normally spouse married to US citizen gets green card within 5 months. The green card interview happens approx 3 months after filing I130. If the case is okay the papers are kept in a green file and have to wait till the employment based I-140, I485 will be combined and then they would get their green card. If there is anything missing or any questions, it would delay fuurther. Secondly The A number remains the same in both the application.
The bad part, the candidate has to wait because he was in H1B for a long time.

Last edited by jthomas; 03-27-2010 at 11:54 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote