:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
swamy has a brilliant future swamy has a brilliant future swamy has a brilliant future swamy has a brilliant future swamy has a brilliant future swamy has a brilliant future swamy has a brilliant future swamy has a brilliant future swamy has a brilliant future swamy has a brilliant future swamy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by permfiling View Post
I respect all the efforts of the IV members and well wishers but quoting gandhiji who liberalised our nation from rulers for a immigration cause is not appropriate. We came to US by choice. Why don't all of us [great minds] think to make our country economically strong and in other areas such as politics etc ....As this is the age of great minds which we have.
Rev.M.L.King Jr was inspired by the Mahatma to lead the Civil Rights movement in a non-violent way - he has written about it movingly in his auto-biography. Mahatma was ofcourse inspired by Thoreau to launch the civil dis-obedience movement. So there's a long history of give & take between the two nations. Besides, Mahatma's ideas and methods are arguably universal & timeless. It's to the credit of the Americans (and their govt) that it didn't take forever once the movement started to enact the civil rights act and become a truly civilized nation. So it's not farfetched to argue that he was instrumental in liberating Americans as well - and none of us would be here even as a 'Non-Resident Alien' but for the Mahatma.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote