India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/01/2005
Compare
BostonGCVictim is a glorious beacon of light BostonGCVictim is a glorious beacon of light BostonGCVictim is a glorious beacon of light BostonGCVictim is a glorious beacon of light BostonGCVictim is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by qualified_trash
The GC quota does not BAR anyone from getting the GreenCard, just increases the timeline. when discussing legal issues, it is best to stick to facts and not perceived impact.........

when discussing policy, it makes sense to talk about perceived impact. however, it is not our place to dictate/question policy. remember we are guests after all. that is why we can petition the lawmakers as in ask/request/beg and nothing more.

when we all get the GC and some of us (those who chose to) become citizens, surely we can start a grasroots campaign to fix the problems inherent with the per country cap..........

until then hang on!!!!!!!!!
As it turns out most EB applicants are on H1 so I would be happy if they put country of origin quotas on H1 visas too. Doesn't that make sense too then since we have country quotas on EB visas?

However, this will NEVER happen because the companies who run this nation would never allow it to happen. As long as their annual H1 supply is intact they won't care about green cards. So my friend the country quota in EB visas is absolutely illogical and appears to have been very badly planned. But since no politician has the guts to change it as it would appear he or she is favoring India and China, things will stay the same.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote