India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
frostrated has a reputation beyond repute frostrated has a reputation beyond repute frostrated has a reputation beyond repute frostrated has a reputation beyond repute frostrated has a reputation beyond repute frostrated has a reputation beyond repute frostrated has a reputation beyond repute frostrated has a reputation beyond repute frostrated has a reputation beyond repute frostrated has a reputation beyond repute frostrated has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak_2006 View Post
My friend will come from India on H1B first time to Atlanta Air port this weekend. His H1B was approved for year 2008 and his stamping was done in early 2009. His H1B is from small desi consulting company. What kind of questions he may face? Any inputs will highly appreciated.
One of the most common questions for situation your friend is in is why he waited this long to come to the US after approval of H1B visa. Another question is to show proof of job availability. It is 2 years since a petition was applied for him and a year since he got his visa. Unless he has some very solid answers, there is a possibility that they might deny his entry.
If you say that another position has opened up for which he is coming, then the next question would be if a new LCA was applied for the new position, which would then open up a totally new ball game. I would suggest that you have your friend contact his company lawyer for suggetions, rather than listen to advice given by people here who have not been in such situations.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.