India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute
Default my story..

Landed July 1997.
Couple of contracting jobs with a desi bodyshopper(read it as a blood sucker). Believed him for almost 4 years of false promises that they will do GC processing. Finally quit the company and joined a major HMO company. Started the GC paper work in early Jan 2002. Due to the attorney screw ups, and wrong documentation, filed the labor in EB3 (did not even know that upto almost 2 years after filing, was thinking it was filed in EB2) in Jan 2003. Yes, it took 1 year for attorney's screw ups to be rectified. In that company, we were not allowed to talk directly to the lawyer and had to go thru the employer. So to get a simple answer would take 10-15 days. Wish IV was there then. Waited in Labor Processing for 4+years. 140 approved in early 2007. Filed 485 in july fiasco and got EAD, from then changed 2 jobs (got that freedom atleast). Per my own estimate, I should be receiving my GC sometimes in 2015. Current employer will not do GC processing , so no chance of filing for Eb2. I dont want to change employers even if it costs my GC, because, I am enjoying the work that I am doing. And in my opinion thats important because, I would rather be in a job that I enjoy more without GC than being in a job that I do not like with GC. So, 13 years and still going. Completed PMP, MBA meanwhile. Thats my story.
485 status - Rotting in NSC with a single RFE
Lost H1, working on EAD. Invoked AC21 twice.
Attended DC Rally and contributed to IV many times.
Renewed EAD 3 times and AP 4 times
Total cost from the H1 days (new h1, extension, ead, ap, 140, 485 etc - $22000)
Total cost if I had bought a labor certification those days and having a GC by now - $15000
Not knowing if GC is this worth - Priceless.
R2I'd in Feb 2011.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote