India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
immiusa has a reputation beyond repute immiusa has a reputation beyond repute immiusa has a reputation beyond repute immiusa has a reputation beyond repute immiusa has a reputation beyond repute immiusa has a reputation beyond repute immiusa has a reputation beyond repute immiusa has a reputation beyond repute immiusa has a reputation beyond repute immiusa has a reputation beyond repute immiusa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantagon View Post
Hi,

My parents are currently with me on B2 visa. Here are the details:
VISA Granted: Aug 2007
Validity: 5 years Multiple-Entry
Came to US: June 5, 2008
I-94 Validity: Dec 4, 2008

I would like to apply for an extension of 6 months and my questions are:

1. If I apply 4 weeks before their I-94 Expires, will they be considered legaly staying even if we do not hear any decision before the I-94 expiration and they continue staying with me here after I-94 expires?

2. What happens if the extension is denied? Do they have to leave within 30 days, if they are past the I-94 expiration? Will they be considered "VISA Overstayed" or "Unlawful Stay"? Will their 5-yr-ME VISA be cancelled automatically?

Please advise. Thank you.
Hello mantagon,

I hope, you have got the extension for your parents stay here.

Now, I am planning to apply my mother-in-law's stay extension. She is here on her visitor visa. She has valid visa. But her I94 expires on Oct 30. She was here in usa for two times (Jan 2006 to jun 2006 and Jan 2008 to may 2008).

Can you please advise me about the documentation, reasong for extension, how many days in advance the application to be submitted ...etc?

Thanks