India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/22/2012
Compare
ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

Well said, GC is just a convenience...to avoid paper work and frequent temporary status updates...if US gives a 30 year valid H-1B along with the "flexibility to work for any employer, flexibility to work in any position, flexibility to work less than 40 hours a week and flexibility to travel in and out of US anytime" then who would need a GC?

Very few people among high-skilled workers are passionate about getting unemployment benefits and voting rights (and most Americans are not counting on SS Benefits in future). We just need some certainty in professional life and motivation towards a progressive career growth. Personally, I've applied for my 3rd GC as I refused to be bogged down by these stupid rules and wait times and lack of promotions (EB3 2006 -> EB2 2008 -> EB1 in progress)...I'm done with this mess in another 6 months max. Good luck to all of us!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.