Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
venky08 is a jewel in the rough venky08 is a jewel in the rough venky08 is a jewel in the rough

Your are thinking under two assumptions:

1. There is nothing left for innovation in the tech field. so no new job creation is expected in the future.

2. There will be more supply of tech workers which will surpass the job creation rate (if in any amount) thereby depressing the wages.

who is to know that your assumptions are correct?

Whereas the reality is the job creation has been exponentially growing because of emerging technologies and the will to immigrate to US is surely on decrease and add reverse brain drain to it. So for next 5-10 years it will become increasingly difficult to find talented people as they will be evaporated from the market because of 65K H1B cap for last 3 years and a huge outflux of talented professionals.

I said this before in my previous posts and i will say it again. I you are worth your salt and know what you are doing, you will be worth your weight in gold in coming years. Stick to the fight and get your GC.

(BTW, for these opinions, i am inspired by a recent book i read on globalization- The world is Flat by Thomas Friedman. I think it shall be a must read for every H1B to GC applicant)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vejella View Post
All,

With the current rate of outsourcing happening around in US and the rate of influx of temporary workers coming in on mostly L1 and may be few on H1 B Visas every year through the outsourcing companies , i am sceptical about the future of GC aspirants. With the way of GC processing happening which are caused by restrictions /policies of governing bodies and no sight of positive relief in near future i am little apprehensive about the future.

I feel that there might be no areas that are not impacted by Outsourcing boom . Most of the companies that i see and my friends work ,i see many of the operations are outsourced or planning in place to get outsourced.

with the current rate of outsourcing and subprime mess which may cause slow down in economy , i am not sure if there would be any positions to support our AOS , when our PD becomes current. Some times i think , the fight for GC is even worth it.

Every one feel free to post your views/opinions/Analysis on this topic ....

Last edited by venky08; 12-13-2007 at 07:57 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote