India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/30/2004
Compare
nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroComplexity View Post
What I am finding is, there are not enough people to do the really complicated stuff. Because of demand and supply the salaries are going up for folks that do specialized tech work( say OS Kernel development).

Then again, nothing in this world is too difficult, so lot of this stuff is getting pushed out to development teams outside of the US, where it's cheaper to get it done. The only downside is the ramp up time.

There is a critical point when it becomes too expensive to hire anyone in the US and the folks elsewhere are sufficiently ramped up, at that point we can thank all those who are against employment based immigration and find an alternate career
It is also obvious that the current graduates are more reluctant to take up jobs in US or stay here for a long time due to the following:

1. Messy GC process as more students are becoming aware of the situation
2. Ability to work freely in a competitive environment
3. Boom in their home country (India and China) [A survey shows that majority of foreign students are from these countries]
4. Ability to start at higher levels over there compared to start up jobs over here
5. Can stay with family

In our team, we are trying to hire 3 full time employees in west cost with specific skill set and could not succeed for the past 6 months One of my friend who is leading a team, recently want to expand his team had a similar issue. He finally setup an office in India and recruited people over there.

These trends clearly indicate that US is loosing clear competitive advantage and more jobs are moving off-shore.

If for some reason I move back to India, I am sure that I will be taking away as many as 10 jobs along with me as well

Thanks