India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2004
Compare
chmur is a splendid one to behold chmur is a splendid one to behold chmur is a splendid one to behold chmur is a splendid one to behold chmur is a splendid one to behold chmur is a splendid one to behold chmur is a splendid one to behold chmur is a splendid one to behold
Default India is not all that Rosy Either

To highlight other point of view and keep the debate balanced... It ain't rosy on the other side(India) either.

There is a severe shortage of highly skilled personnel in India too.
For those talents , salaries have gone through the roof. Add to that rupee has appreciated a whopping 11% this year...significantly compromising cost advantage.

attrition is a problem to get anything significant done . There are many stories of companies moving out of india due to attrition.

and for those outsourcing companies like wipro , infy etc where name of the game is pure staff augumentation/outsourcing ..... immigration issues will hit their business too.

Add to that all the peripheral issues with doing business in India ....poor infrastructure, cultural issues and overhead/risk of managing distributed teams etc ...

Pure outsourcing/staff augumentation business model employed by Indian bell weather IT companies is finally being challenged.

Simply put: There ain,t free lunch, anywhere.

IMO: Purely from career standpoint , getting a greencard and staying put in US, is still the best option by a distance.
contributed $200 so far
Sent the letters for Administration Reforms
Called the congressmans- All the listed ones
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote